This I Promise You

By midnight_readerscave

"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his he... More

Prologue
Character aesthetic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
THANK YOU❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Please Read
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 24

3.3K 172 13
By midnight_readerscave

We stood in the living room bidding our goodbyes to everyone. "It was good having you here Kartavya. We had a good time with you." Avy nodded and squeezed her hand.

"Me too Dadi, thank you for having me here." He smiled.

"We are family, stop being so formal, it's getting old." Bhaiya said with a wry smile. We moved towards the foyer and I hugged everyone one last time before and made our way to the car. Bhaiya was right behind us. He opened the car door for me and I settled down in the passenger seat. Kartavya sat in the driver seat when Bhaiya leaned on my window and looked at Avy.

"Next time send my sister alone so we can spend our time alone with her. Your presence is not needed." I gasped.

"Bhaiya what the hell, how can you say that to him?" I hit his hand lightly which was placed on the window. "Don't mind him Kartavya, he is just kidding."

"I'm not" He mumbled.

"Shut up Bhaiya." I hissed.

Avy chuckled and looked at Bhaiya with a challenging look. "Bye Rajvansh, see you when we return from Udaipur." With that we drove off. It was silent in the car, none of us said a word and it was becoming unbearable. Avy seems to be in deep thoughts.

"What happened? Why are you so silent?" I placed my hand on his which was resting on his thigh. He looked at me for a brief second and focused his attention back on the road.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" He changed the gear and looked in the rear view mirror. I looked behind and saw two cars of security detail following us.

"Is that much security really necessary?" I frowned looking at him. He hummed without really saying anything.

"Avy?" I called.

"What happened back there at your brother's place?" He inquired with a strained voice. I was confused at what he was talking, I looked at him with furrowed brows trying to recall what he was talking about.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

He scoffed and looked at me from his peripheral vision. "Anika, are you really going to be like that?"

"Avy I really don't understand what you're talking about."

"What happened after your uncle's family came? Your whole behaviour changed after they came. You became rigid and all your smiles were forced. I kept asking you what happened but you just smiled and said everything is okay when you and I clearly know it wasn't" He took a right turn and looked at me as waiting for my response.

As for me I was dumbfounded, He still remembered what happened and noticed how I behaved. I didn't think he still remembered. "Well?" He urged. I smiled nervously.

"Nothing was wrong Kartavya. I don't understand what you're talking about. Why would my behaviour change when they came." I let out a nervous laugh. He turned towards me and that's when I noticed how angry he was. He was gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white from the force.

"Anika, you don't want to tell me fine. But the fact that you're lying is what I don't like, you don't have to lie. All you have to do is say, you don't want to tell me. Tell me to mind my business, I will and I won't ask you again." He sounded so disappointed that It made me feel bad. I don't want to lie and hide things from him but this subject is kinda hard to talk about.

"Avy, It's not like that please understand." I pleaded. "It's just–just I don't know how to say this." I sighed.

"As I said you don't have to tell me, just don't lie to me. I hate it when you lie to me." he sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

"It's hard for me to talk about this—" He interrupted me.

"Anika, you don't have to say anything right now. You can have as much time as you want. I'll wait till you are ready to tell me." He took my hand, laced our fingers and kissed my knuckles.

"Thank you." I sighed.

"You don't have to thank me for that." He frowned. "Never thank me for that." I nodded and we went home.

******

"Do you have to go?" Avy wrapped his arms around my waist. It was the next day and I was getting ready to go shopping with Bhabhi and Kavya. I raised my head from the dresser and looked at him in the mirror. He was dressed in a grey henley shirt and black jeans. I don't think he can get any hotter than he already is. His hair looked like he just rolled out of bed and it looked sexy as hell. "You can wear something from the clothes you already have, you know. Kavya can go with Bhabhi." There was a slight pout on his lips.

I turned around and pecked his pout. "I have to go. I want to buy something for tonight. Also I promised Bhabhi that I would go with them. I can't back out now." He sighed. Last night due to some issue in Avy's work we couldn't do anything. So everyone decided we would go clubbing today. Bhabhi had asked me to go shopping with her and Kavya so we could buy something for tonight. And since we hadn't gone out since my marriage, we decided to have a girls day as well because all of us were free and we won't have any time after coming back from Udaipur.

"Fine." He grunted and tucked a stray piece of my hair behind my ear. "Don't take long, come back early. Bhabhi will literally take you to every shop. She is the shop till you drop kinda person. So when you've had enough, call me and I will come pick you up." I chuckled at his idea.

"I can't do that Avy. And I like shopping too. But don't worry I will be back early." I brought my hand up to his stubble and lightly brushed his jaw line. We heard a knock on the door followed by Bhabhi's voice asking me if I was ready. Avy groaned. I giggled moving out of his hold to answer the door. Bhabhi was standing in front of the door looking at something on the phone. She looked up when she heard the sound of the door opening.

"Oh you are ready, let's go." She smiled.

"Haan Bhabhi I will be down in a minute." I informed she nodded and turned around and headed downstairs. I went and collected my things from the dresser.

"Okay I'll leave now." I turned to see Avy standing near the closet leaning against it. I shook my head with a smile. I went to him and stood on my tip toes and pressed a kiss to his jaw. "Stop sulking. I'll be back soon."

"I'm not sulking." He rolled his eyes and bright his hand up to my neck.

"Okay then, bye." I tried to move away from him but he tightened his hold on my waist.

"Not so fast, you'll be gone for god knows how long, and I want you to always have me on your mind always while you're shopping." He finished and brought his lips on mine. He kissed me with passion as if he was starving and couldn't get enough of me. My hands clenched on his shirt and his hands moved to my waist. He pulled me closer to him, smashing my body to his, not leaving any space between us.

I let out a moan when he bit my lower lip. It stung but he soothed it with his tongue. My hands ran through his hair, messing them up even more. He grunted and moved his lips to my jaw. "Avy" I gasped when he sucked on my neck. After a few minutes of kissing. I moved back breathing hard.

"Now that's the kiss I want." He pecked my lips one more time. I sighed pressing my forehead to his chest. Every time he kissed me, he made me out of sorts. Composing myself I went to the mirror and fixed my appearance.

"Bye." I muttered and went to leave the room.

"Call me if you need anything and don't ditch your bodyguards." He followed me downstairs.

"Okay don't worry." I assured him. Bhabhi and Kavya were already waiting for me in the living room. They stood up seeing me coming down the stairs.

"Took you long enough." Bhabhi had a teasing smile on her face. Colour stained my cheeks. "Okay now you are here, let's go."

We reach the car and settle down. Kavya wanted to drive so the bodyguards were coming in another car. Avy, Aarav and Aviraj Bhai stood at the door waving. With that we drove off.

"Yes, finally we are going to have so much fun today." Kavya cheered from the driver seat. We cheered. Avni Bhabhi played some music and we sang along. We were singing our lungs out till we reached the mall. We went inside and started looking at the shops where we can get good cocktail dresses. Finally finding one we head inside.

"Welcome Ms. Raichand, How may I help you today?" the sales lady with big hoop earrings asked Kavya with a binding smile. She turned to us and offered us a smile.

"We are looking for some cocktail dresses." Kavya informed the lady looking around.

"Ma'am we have the latest collection of cocktail dresses, please follow me I'll show you." She guided us to a seating area. "Ma'am please sit down while we get the dresses you guys." She gave us a one last smile and sauntered away in the opposite direction from where we came.

"Bhabhi's aap log aise dresses loge jise mere bhaio ki muh khuli liki khuli reh jana chahiye." Kavya smirked. Bhabhi and I chuckled.

(Bhabhi you guys buy such dresses that it will make my brothers speechless.)

"You don't have to worry about that, he normally can't keep his hands to himself ever." Bhabhi winked at us. Kavya made a disgusted face.

"TMI Bhabhi, we didn't need to know that." She shuddered, while Bhabhi and I laughed. Our laughter ceased when a different sales lady brought three glasses and a bottle of what looked like champagne in it.

"Ma'am complimentary champagne." She placed the tray on the coffee table in front of us and served us champagne. We took our glasses except for Bhabhi, she refused saying she doesn't want to drink. I raised an eyebrow but she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Ma'am here are the dresses you can try whichever you want." The lady with big hoops brought the dresses.

"Now, my lovely Bhabhi's chalo chalo. Let's make the men speechless." Kavya clapped her hands excitedly. All three of us started looking through the dresses. Bhbahbi selected a few and went into the fitting room to try on.

She came out in a red dress. "Guys, how is this?" She twirled around showing us the dress.

"It's good." I said, and we both gave her thumbs up

"Nahi mujhe acha nahi laga." She frowned and went into the fitting room again.

(I don't like it)

"She will take forever to select a dress watch." I chuckled and went to try on a dress I liked. We were trying on a few dresses when my phone rang. I went and checked who the caller was to see it was Sakshi.

"Kavya I have to take this call okay." I informed Kavya. She nodded while I answered the call.

"Hey, Ani. Where have you been? You haven't called since the day we met."

"Hey, S. yes I've been a bit busy with us going to Udaipur. The work has been kicking my ass this week. I had so much to do." I grunted. She just hummed. "By the way, what are you up to today? Usually you are not free on Saturday."

"I know but I don't really have any work today and I am bored so I called you. Are you free to at least have a cup of coffee?" I turned to see Bhabhi talking to the sales lady.

"Actually I'm at the mall, do you wanna come?" I asked.

"Yes, I will be there in 10 mins. I'm bored out of my mind at home." I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"And one more thing Avni Bhabhi and Kavya are with me."

"Oh, Okay no problem. I'm going to get ready, bye." She hung up without even letting me finish. I shook my head and went to Bhabhi.

"Bhabhi, I asked my friend Sakshi to join us. Is that okay with you?" I muttered hesitantly.

"Tikh hai koi problem nahi. The more the mere." She said with a smile.

(It's okay no problem)

"Thanks Bhabhi. Did you get what you wanted?" I looked at the dress in her hand. It was a pretty beige short dress with spaghetti straps.

"Yes, this is one. Isn't it pretty?" She showed me the dress.

"Yes Bhabhi, it is."

"C'mon let's find something for you." We started looking at the dresses when a silver long sleeved dress caught my attention. I went towards it and picked it out.

"This one!" I exclaimed. "Bhabhi I'm going to go try it." I went to the dressing room and It fit perfectly and I loved it so much. I went out to show the girls. Kavya let out a whistle.

"Wow Bhabhi, Kartavya Bhai is gonna have a hard time looking away from you." Kavya praised.

"That's the plan." I chuckled. "Did you both get your dresses?" They said yes and we went to pay. We were at the counter when I received a text from Sakshi that she was at the entrance. "Hey guys my friend came and I am going to pick her up. Will you please ring this for me?" I asked. They said they would and I went to bring Sakshi. I walked a little and saw her walking in my direction.

"Sakshi." I called. She raised her head from her phone and looked at me. She smiled while coming to hug me. "I missed you." I really did even though i haven't talked to her for only three days.

"I missed you too, Ani." She broke the hug and looked at me. "Thank god you invited me, I was going crazy at home." She sighed.

"It's good you are here. We were just having a girls day and buying a dress for tonight." We started walking towards where Bhabhi and Kavya were.

"For tonight?"

"Oh yeah since the elders are not home we decided to go clubbing tonight." I informed her. Then an idea came into my mind. "Hey you know what, why don't you and Shaurya come?"

"Umm won't it be awkward, since it's all family." She hesitated.

"It's not like you don't know them. I will be there too." We walked towards the store. "And you know Karthik will be there." I teased her. She rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, I don't like him. It was just a silly crush." She nudged me. I laughed and continued teasing her. We were bickering and casually chatting when I looked ahead and stopped dead in my tracks. "Hey why did you stop?"

There in front of the store were Kavya and Bhabhi talking to a woman. Bhabhi had tears in her eyes and she was holding the hand of the lady. After that the lady turned to Kavya and hugged her. All the three of them were talking like long-lasting best friends.

"Hey, who is the girl they are talking to?" That's when I came out of my stupor.

                               ******

Hey guys,

How's everyone doing? Sorry I wasn't able to upload the past few days. 

Let me know what you think if the chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

A❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 10.2K 62
"How dare you crash into my car?" roared a voice, his voice. This man he doesn't even have some manners to help others. He is shouting at me when I a...
313K 12.1K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
764K 23K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
104K 5.9K 45
He left her in middle of nowhere, he was her life, her comfort, her peace but now she saw him lying lifeless infront of her. He won't comeback ever...