This I Promise You

By midnight_readerscave

"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his he... More

Prologue
Character aesthetic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
THANK YOU❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Please Read
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 21

3.2K 197 8
By midnight_readerscave

Avni Bhabhi has teased me relentlessly since I came down after my talk with Kartavya and even now she is looking at me with a sly smile. I told her to stop teasing but she said she isn't going to stop anytime soon.

"Tume pata hata Anika aap ke husband ne mujhe aur Aviraj ko kitna tang kiya. So it's my turn now." She laughed.

(Do you know, Anika, your husband used to tease me and Aviraj so much.)

"But Bhabhi shouldn't you be teasing Kartavya and not me."

"Do you think us teasing him will have any effect on him? That man will become even more shameless if we tease him and he will try to embarrass us in return. I know how it went when I teased him about Mahira and let-" She stopped mid sentence realising what she said and I was frozen in my spot. "I'm so sorry Anika I shouldn't have said that. It just slipped."

"It's okay Bhabhi, I can understand, don't worry." I forced a smile.

"I'm really sorry Anika, it wasn't intentional." she held my hand and apologised profusely and I can see that it was genuine. I don't want to make a big deal out of it.

"It's really okay, Bhabhi." I hugged her and tried to reassure her. "C'mon let's go out, they must be waiting for us. Nodding, we went out.

"Avni, Anika come sit. We are about to start." Maa called. I went and sat beside Kartavya. After everyone settled down we started having dinner.

"Okay listen we will leave after breakfast tomorrow. We want you guys to be there early on Sunday evening , don't be late, okay." We all nodded and continued the eating with a lively chit chat around the dining table.

I just finished my night routine and went to the bedroom. Kartavya was talking on the phone with someone. I went and settled myself on the bed and took the book I was reading and started reading.

"Hey beautiful." Kartavya whispered huskily in my ear. I let out a gasp, I was so immersed in my book that I didn't even know he was done with his call. He was sitting so close to me that I could feel his hot breath on my neck.

"Hey, are you done with work?" I questioned trying to breath normally.

"Yes." He sat against the headboard and looked at the book I'm reading. I closed the book as normally as I could and placed it on the nightstand. I don't want him see what I was reading, It would be fucking embarrassing.

"What are you reading?" He asked.

"Oh you know, just a normal book." I shrugged. "Have finished your packing?"

"Yeah I have but there are still some things I need to pack. I will do them tomorrow." I nodded. "Why were you looking off earlier during the dinner?"

"Nothing." I shook my head not wanting to bring up what happened in the kitchen.

"You know Anika, you don't have to hide anything from me and you can always share your thoughts and feelings." he caressed my hair. Maybe we can have a talk about his ex now. Is it even the right time to ask him? I don't know the least he could do is not tell me. So I told him what happened in the kitchen. His expression changed from a tender look of understanding to an unreadable one.

When I finished he released a breath and ran a hand through his hair. He had a far away look and when he finally turned towards me he had a determined expression on his face.

"Bhabhi and Mahira were really close during the time we were dating." As soon as he started I regret ever bringing up the topic, I don't think I can hear about him with any other woman. "All five of us Bhai, Bhabhi, Mahira, Mihir and I  were always together, Bhabhi and Mahira would always do things together. They were best friends, when the news broke that Mahira cheated on me, Bhabhi was also devastated. It was hard for her to imagine how her best friend could do such things to her brother. She was angry and said some really nasty things to her."

"Apne bhabhi lo bataya, kya hua aap ke ex ke sath?" I asked.

(Did you tell Bhabhi what has happened to your ex?)

"Yes I did tell Bhai and Bhabhi, they were very upset about what happened to her and that she had to go through all that all alone. And Bhabhi blamed herself for not noticing it earlier." He turned towards me as if waiting for me to say something and I didn't know what to say. "Bhabhi even said that she would try to get in touch with her to see how she is doing."

"Hmm, I can understand. She must have been feeling really bad for her best friend." He was looking at me as if he couldn't decipher something. "What?" I asked. He shook his head and sighed.

"Anika, Mahira is going to be in Udaipur for the wedding since her cousin is the bride." Oh wow! I don't know how to feel about this but I am glad he told me.

"Okay I have no problem with it. Thank you for giving me a heads up." I said with a grateful smile. I didn't have to face any shockers when we got there.

"Are you mad?" He hesitantly took my hand from my lap and held it in his hands.

"Why would I be mad?" I frowned.

"Because she is going to be there." Did he really think I'm going to compete with someone I don't even know, except for the fact that she is his ex.

"What did you think that I would throw a fit because your ex is going to be there. She is going to be there for her cousin's wedding and I will also be there for your cousin's wedding. I don't even know her, Kartavya. Why would I be mad? Yeah it would be awkward initially if we ever crossed paths but if she is civil with me then I will be too." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. I looked at him with a raised brow.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, I want us to enjoy these two weeks to the fullest. This is going to be our first trip ever and I want it to be as memorable as possible for the both of us."

"I want that too." He nodded with a relieved expression.

"I'm glad that we are on the same page. Anika as you always say communication is important, I want you to tell me if something is bothering you okay."

"I will." I nodded. We were really close to each other and I felt his breath on my skin. He looked at my lips and then my eyes. I closed my eyes and leaned closer to him.

He pressed his lip against mine and kissed me. I moved my hands to his nape and brought him closer to me. His lips still had that minty flavour from his toothpaste. He moved back after a few moments, looking me in the eyes and pulled me onto his lap. I gasped not expecting him to do that. I was sitting on his thighs as he spread his legs in front of him. I placed my hands on his shoulder.

"Are we going to have our first makeout session?" I asked with a teasing smile. He let out a throaty laugh and brought me closer to him. His lips were a breath away from mine and brushed my lips when he spoke.

"First of many, baby." He smashed his lips against mine and as always they were soft. My chest was pressed against his. He wasn't wearing any shirt, just his sweats. My hands moved from his shoulders to his hair. His hands left my hair and moved towards my sides. His lips parted slightly allowing me to slip my tongue inside. I let out a gasp which he captured with his mouth.

My hands moved down his body towards his chest and down to his abs and back up to his hair. My stomach tightened when he pulled me closer and I could feel his pelvis on my core. My core was throbbing from the kiss and I unintentionally rolled my hips moaning, on his lower abs. He brought his hands to my waist and halted my movements. He groaned and moved back, we were breathing heavily.

"Anika, stop. I won't be able to control myself if you keep doing that." He breathed, realising what I just did I turned crimson.

"I'm sorry." I squeaked and tried to move away form but he held me close to him.

"There is no need to be sorry, it was just your body's reaction." He kissed my forehead, then my eyelids then he moved to my nose and he continued his way to my neck. He was sucking, biting and kissing and the sensation of that was overwhelming,

"Kartavya." I moaned, throwing my head back when he kissed the hollow of my neck.

He held my waist tight and flipped me so I was under him. I shrieked from the sudden movement. He braised himself on his forearms on either side of my head. I raised my eyes and looked into his marvellous hazel eyes which were more brown right now as they darkened.

"You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, Avy." I raised my hand and traced his eyebrows. He looked at me with hooded eyes and his long lashes fluttered under my touch.

"What did you just say?" He mumbled.

"You have the-" He interrupted me by kissing me on the lips.

"In the end, what did you call me?" I blushed, it just slipped. Kartavya is a long name but Avy is short and cute.

"Avy." I whispered.

"Again." He breathed.

"Avy." He kissed me. We kissed for what seemed forever before he settled beside me and pulled me to himself.

"Your lips are so red and soft they look so good after being kissed." He smirked. "Maybe we should always be kissing." He pecked my nose

"Maybe we should." I bit my lip with a shy smile. He ran his nose along mine and looked at the clock for time.

"It's past 11:30 and we should sleep. We have to wake up early so we can have breakfast with the elders before they leave." I nodded while playing with his hair.

"Your hair is soft," I observed. "And I noticed you only use shampoo. How is that possible." I pouted. He just shrugged and kissed my pout.

"You like kissing don't you?" I said.

"No, I like kissing you. There is a difference" He murmured lightly. I blushed and hid my face in his chest. " Oh now you're shy." he chuckled.

"Shut up." I hit his shoulder lightly. "I'm going to sleep goodnight." I tried to move away from him but he pulled me onto chest.

"You can sleep like this too." I raised my head and looked at him. "What?" He asked. I shook my head. "Okay then goodnight sweetheart." He kissed my hair.

*******

Maa, Choti Maa, Avni Bhabhi and I were sitting in the living room before breakfast. Kavya was helping Dadi with last minute packing. Maa and Choti Maa were telling us about the things we had to bring with us to Udaipur for the wedding since they were not yet ready.

"And the gold smith will come and deliver the remaining of the jewellery so bring them with you guys okay." Maa reminded us for the third time.

"Maa hume yaad hai leayenge. Don't worry." Bhabhi reassured.

(Maa we remembered everything we will bring them.)

"Good morning ladies." Aviraj Bhai greeted, Avy was behind him looking at his phone. They were in the office with Papa and Chote papa.

I blushed remembering how I woke up this morning. He woke me up by showering me kisses all over my face and neck and I couldn't ask for a better wake up. After waking up we literally spent an hour fooling around in bed. If it wasn't for Maa coming and calling us we would have still been in bed in each other's arms.

We ladies greeted Aviraj bhai and that's when he raised his head and looked at where we were sitting. His eyes immediately found mine and a slow smile spread on his face.

'Good morning Maa, Choti Maa Bhabhi." He murmured and sat next to me on the couch. They greeted him back.

"Karthik kaha hai Raj?" Choti Maa asked Aviraj bhai.

(Where is Karthik Raj?)

"He's getting a lecture from Papa and Chote Papa for not coming home early every day for the past week." He sounded pissed. "If that wasn't enough he took Kavya with him."

"Hey, bhagwan kya karu mein iss bache ka." Choti maa exclaimed.

(Oh god what should I do with this kid?)

"Don't worry. He will be joining the company after returning from Udaipur. We have given him a lot of leeway." Avy said.

"Acha hai." Choti Maa sighed. By now everyone has reached downstairs for breakfast. "Haan sab log aye chalo breakfast start karte hai." All three of them stood and I was about to when Avy held my hand and pulled me down.

(Good)

(Everyone is here c'mon let's have breakfast)

"Kartavya chodo mujhe, dining hall mein sab humara wait kar rahe honge." I sat beside him with a sigh.

(Kartavya let go. Everyone will be waiting for us in the dining hall)

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" He arched his brow.

"Not to do it."

"And what did I tell you to call me?" I shook my head. When I woke up this morning and called him Kartavya he was annoyed and declared that I should call him Avy.

"Avy let go I have to go  see if they need any help."

"Don't worry there are many people who can help." He caressed my hair.

"Par hum yaha kya kar rahe hai mujhe bhook lagi hai."

(But why are we here? I'm hungry)

"Tho bola kyu nahi pehle, chalo." He held my hand and stood up when we were about to go to the dining room. Mihir showed up.

(Why didn't you tell me earlier)

"Morning bhai, bhabhi." he greeted us with his usual easy going smile.

"Good morning Mihir, acha hua tum aye hum breakfast karne ja rahe hai chalo." I said.

(Mihir it's good that you are here everyone having breakfast lets go.)

"C'mon let's go, what are you standing there for." Avy mumbled and Mihir went away and Avy held me back and kissed me.

"We will continue this later." He smirked. I shook my head.

After breakfast the elders sat for a little while talking and then it was time for them to leave. Maa and Choti Maa were giving us all the instructions and reminding us to be there early and not do something stupid.

"Okay come on, let's go." Papa said to Maa. They all settled in the car and left waving at us.

We went inside and moved towards the living room. All of us settled down. "So guys now that all the elders are gone, let's do something fun." Karthik jumped excitedly from his seat.

"Karthik, we have work to do, we can't have fun right now." Avy snapped. "You already had a lot of fun this past week. It's time you take things seriously."

"But bhai I already agreed to join the company. C'mon Bade Papa and Papa already gave me an earful not you too." he whined. Kartavya was about to say something when Karthik beat him to it. "Okay bhai I will do whatever you guys say after coming back from Udaipur, but let's just have fun now please."

"You better, because the stunt you pulled by taking Kavya with you, when you know all of your friends are little shits, would have landed you in a lot of trouble." Aviraj Bhai warned. "And Kavya I should not see you with his friends ever again am I clear."

"I don't even know why you're friends with them in the first place." Mihir chimed.

"Fine I understood I fucked up I won't do it ever again, I promise." He muttered apologetically. "Now can we have some fun?"

"Okay, but not now we will do something in the evening, now we are going to meet Anika's family." Avy said. Karthik cheered along with Kavya.

"Oh when will you guys be back?" Anika Bhabhi asked.

"We will be back in two to three hours bhabhi. I just want to meet them." I answered. She nodded and we just spent time talking about random things until it was time for me to leave for my brother's house.

******

Hey guys,
Hope you are liking the story so far.

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.

A❤️☺️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 45.2K 40
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...
103K 7K 42
Two people completely in love and inseparable but ......one big incident changed their life and they got separated.... what will happen when dest...
407K 21.4K 46
"𝒪𝓊𝓇 𝒿ℴ𝓊𝓇𝓃ℯ𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝒻ℯ𝒸𝓉 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 ℴ𝓊𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 ℐ'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸𝓀 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽ℯ ℯ𝓃𝒹" ...
45.2K 3.4K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...