This I Promise You

By midnight_readerscave

"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his he... More

Prologue
Character aesthetic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
THANK YOU❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Please Read
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 20

4K 238 18
By midnight_readerscave

My wife was an enigma. I was beguiled by her and it was evident by how I can't keep my eyes off her. Last night was really beautiful. I was not expecting it to go so smoothly, everything was so perfect. The kiss was everything and more she tasted as sweet as she looked. For the first time since forever I'm genuinely happy. She was making me experience all the emotions I thought I won't ever feel again. When she said she had a great time and was happy I couldn't have been more content.

"So why did you call us here Dadi?" I came back from my thoughts when Bhai talked. I looked beside me to see Anika talking animatedly with Aarav. Aarav has formed a special bonding with his Chachi and anyone can see how much they love each other.

"Where are the other two Kathik and Kavya?" Dadi inquired. Anika and Aarav stopped their talking and turned their attention to the conversation going on.

"Oh woh apne friends ke sath bahar hai late hoga unhe aate hue." Choti Maa informed.

(they are out with their friends. They'll be late today.)

"Okay then you inform them later. So we are leaving for Udaipur early since Dadu wants to spend some time with his sister before the hustle and bustle of the wedding starts." Dadi informed us.

"And the four of us decided to join Maa and Papa." Choti Maa chimed in. "So we wanted to ask if you want to come with us?"

"No Choti Maa we can't come, we have to still wrap up our work before we leave for Udaipur. The two weeks we are going we decided to fully be present and enjoy there.. Maybe ask Karthik and Kavya if they can join you guys ." Bhai reasoned.

"Can't we go early?" Anika mumbled lightly to me so only I could hear. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"We can't Anika, as Bhai said we haven't wrapped up the work." She pouted with a nod. "Sorry baby we can't."

"It's okay, I didn't complete all my work in the company either anyway." She shrugged. I shook my head with a chuckle.

"So it's decided then you guys will come on the previously planned date." Maa said and stood up. "Okay Anika, Kartavya, go freshen up, dinner will start soon." Nodding we stood up and went to our room.

We went into our room and I noticed Anika observing our bedroom with an unknown emotion. I squeezed her hand which brought her back from her thoughts.

"What are you looking at?" she looked at me with same expression

"Kuch nahi bus ajeeb sa lag raha hai. Pehle ye room sirf aapka tha ab yehi room pehli baar mera lag raha hai." I went closer to her and stood in front of her cupping her cheeks. I made her look at me.

(Nothing, It's just weird. Before it was just your room. Now I feel like it's mine too.)

"What are you talking about? This is your room as much as it is mine."

"I know but I never felt that way before, I would always feel like I was intruding on your personal space." She shrugged and looked away from me. I hated it when she looked away from me. I gripped her chin and made her look at me

"Anika.." I trailed off. I took her hand in mine, I made her sit on the couch. I settled myself beside her and looked at her intensely. "I know I can't change what happened between us but I promise you one thing I'm going to make up for that, it doesn't matter however long it takes." he stroked my cheeks with his thumb. "We will not let what happened in the beginning affect us, okay. We will make this work. I want you to trust me on this."

"I know I trust you." she mumbled.

I kissed her forehead, "Good, I have some work to do. It won't not take more than an hour."

"Okay I will go down and see if Maa needs any help." I nodded and pecked her lips one more time and left for my study.

I didn't want to leave Anika. I wanted to just keep spending my time with her. Her sweet smiles, the way she blushed every time I kissed her, the way she bit her lip are becoming my favourite things even though it's been a day. All I want to do is make her smile and see that adorable blush on her cheeks. But I can't do that since Mihir has been trying to reach for whatever reason that is.

I dialled his number and waited for him to pick up. "This better be important." I growled at him. "And if it is not you're fired."

"Kya Bhai aap bhi bohat mazak karte hai. Aap mujhe kabhi fire nahi karenge." He laughed as if I was joking. He knew I wouldn't ever do that so he's laughing like a maniac.

(Bro what? You always joke a lot. You will never fire me. )

"Asshole, I'm not joking." I snapped.

"Sure Bhai." he continued laughing.

"Hashna bandh kar aur bol itna phone kyu kar raha tha." He stopped laughing and sobered up real quick.

(Stop laughing and tell me why were you calling me non stop)

"Woh Bhai Udaipur kab ja rahe ho?"

(Bro, when are you going to Udaipur?)

"In two days, why are you asking if you already know this?" I asked impatiently.

"So the matter is that Dhruv's fiance is Mahira's cousin." He spoke hesitantly. I frowned in confusion.

"And what does that have anything to do with me?" I questioned, puzzled by why he was telling me this.

"Bhai, then she will be in Udaipur to attend the wedding." I still don't know the purpose of this call.

"So?"

"So? So Bhai? Are you serious right now?" He sounded shocked. "Bhai Mahira will be there and Bhabhi will also be there so think how awkward it's going to be." Oh I completely forgot that my ex and my wife will be in the same place. My past and my future. But I'm not worried about it. Anika has nothing to worry about either. Mahira is a person from my past and she will remain like that forever.

"You don't have to worry about that. I don't think she will try to talk to me. She knows I'm married." I assured him.

"But what if she does? What are you going to do then?"

"I don't know, Mihir. Maybe I will convince Mahira to get back together with me and maybe I can marry her even." I countered with sarcasm.

He let out an audible dramatic gasp. "Bhai that's wrong you cannot say that to her. Bigamy is illegal in India. And I won't let you hurt my Bhabhi like that."

"Abhey pagal hai kya thu. Thappad khayega mere hath se bakwas kiya toh tune." I barked at him.

(Are you an Idiot or what? I will smack you if you talk nonsense)

"Paar bhai apne hi toh kaha shaadi karenge unse." He complained.

(But bro you only you will marry her)

"Chup kar pagal kuch bhi bolta hai. Sarcasm samajh nahi aati kya?" I sighed massaging my headache. He let out a breath as if he was relieved that I was joking and not serious. I shook my head at his idiocy. "Listen, I'm going to behave as if she is one of the guests in the party and I will treat as I will treat every person there. If she is cordial and amiable then we will not have any problem. If not then she will not be going anywhere near us."

(Shut up you idiot, do you always say whatever you want. Don't you understand sarcasm)

"Daara diya Bhai apne sahi mein." he chuckled. "Aur Dadu ne jet arrange karne ka ko kaha hai kal subha ke liye. Jaldi jaa rahe hai kya vo?"

(You scared me bro really.)

(And Dadu asked to arrange the jet for tomorrow morning. Are they going early?)

"Haan sab bade kal hi nikal rahe hai. Aur hum sunday night niklenge." I replied, powering my iMac and switching the voice call to video call. "Aur kuch puch na hai?"

(Yes, all the elders are going tomorrow, and we will leave on sunday.)

(Do you want to ask anything else)

"Nahi ho gaya." He assured me.

(No I'm done)

"Okay fine then, let's get to business." He groaned when I said business. I raised my eyebrow.

"Bhai mujhe aur kaam nahi karna. The whole week was so fucking hectic. I wasn't able to sleep properly." He complained. That's true we worked the whole week non-stop so I won't be disturbed in Udaipur and will be able to concentrate on Anika.

(Bro I don't want to work anymore)

"Okay fine just send the Malhotra's files I will look through them." I said.

"Okay Bhai I will."

He was about to hang up when I spoke. "Be home for breakfast tomorrow." and hung up the phone.

After ending the call I worked for two more hours it had taken a lot longer than I expected. I started wrapping up my work for the next two weeks so I won't be disturbed. Finally, I sighed after finishing my work and leaned back in my chair running a hand down my face. Now I can go and spend time with Anika.

I left my study and went to my bedroom to look for her, but she wasn't in the room. I went to the kitchen and she still wasn't there either. And then I finally found her in the garden talking to someone on the phone. I moved closer to hear her talking with her brother.

"Yes Bhaiya, I will come tomorrow to meet you guys. You are behaving as if we don't talk everyday." She chuckled lightly. He said something on the other side to which she responded.

"Okay baba we will come don't worry. Now I have to go bye." I went and stood behind her and wrapped my hands around her waist. She jumped and let out a squeak. I just let out a chuckle. "What are you doing? Someone might come." She looked around to see if anyone was there. I placed my head on her shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I kissed her neck. She leaned more into me and placed her hand on my forearm on her waist.

"Bhaiya se baat kar rahi thi. Woh ghar aane ko keh rahe hai." she said tilting her neck, giving me more access to the neck to kiss.

(I was talking to my brother. He asked me to come home.)

"Why?" I frowned.

"Since I'm going to Udaipur for 2 weeks they want to come home and stay the night there."

"Tonight?" I questioned.

"Yes. tonight."

"So what are you going to do? Are you going?" I grumbled. She turned and looked at me with a bewildered expression.

"No, I'm not going. I told him I will come meet them for a few hours." I sighed. I don't want her to go. We spent only a few hours with each other. I want to have more time with her.

"Okay." I nodded. "I will come with you if that's okay with you."

"Yeah I wanted to ask you if you wanna come." She moved her hands to my chest.

"Kartavya babu, Dada shabheb bhula rahe hai aap ko." A maid stood near the backyard door. Anika immediately moved out of my arms and took a step back.

(Master Kartavya, your grandfather is calling you)

"Hum aa rahe hai aap jao." I told her. The maid went away and I turned to Anika. I smirked to see her blushing. "C'mon Mrs. Raichand lets go inside."

(We are coming you go)

"Lead the way Mr. Raichand." She smiled. My heart rate picked up looking at her beautiful smile. Her smile lights up her whole face and I want to capture this moment and store it in my mind forever. "Are you going to just stand and stare at me the whole night?" She teased.

"I just might." I smirked and she blushed, shaking her head. "C'mon." We went inside.

"Mein kitchen mein ja ke dekhti hu ki Bhabhi ko koi help chahiye." She moved towards the kitchen while blowing a kiss at me. I let out a chuckle at her antics and went to the living room where Dadu and bhai were sitting.

(I will go to the kitchen and see if sister-in-law needs any help.)

"What are you guys talking about?" I interrupted them when they were in a serious conversation.

"Kartavya come, sit here. Dadu nodded to the armchair beside him. I made my way towards the chair and sat down. Bhai and Dadu were staring at me. I arched my eyebrow at them.

"What?"

"I guess you probably know by now that Mahira is going to be in Udaipur." Dadu started. I sighed already tired of this conversation.

"I know Dadu and don't worry. I know what you are thinking and you don't have to worry. She is a matter of the past. I will be nice and cordial, that's it." They looked relieved. "Why do you guys look like a huge burden has been lifted off you guys?"

Dadu chuckled. "Because we thought you were going to be upset after knowing she will be attending the wedding."

I let out an exasperated breath. "Dadu, I know you guys still think I'm not over her because I refused every other girl and I changed a lot in the last two years. But you don't have to worry, I just feel bad for what happened to her. I sympathise with her and I will help her get justice because whatever happened to her was because of me and after knowing that I can't just sit and do nothing. But that's it, I don't have any feelings for her. So you guys please don't worry about her." I assured them.

"Okay beta whatever you say. I know you will always do what is right and I have your back, you know that right." Dadu placed hand on my knee and squeezed lightly.

"Ji Dadu. I know and I am grateful for it." I smiled, placing my hand on his.

"You seem happy Chote and I hope you will always be happy like this. I know who is the cause of the happiness." Bhai teased, wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes but a small smile was playing on my lips.

"Chalo tum teeno khana lagaya hai." Dadi announced from the living room threshold. We stood and made our way to the dining hall.

(Come on you guys, the dinner is ready)

******

Hey guys,

I have noticed that there are many silent readers and my only request is too please vote. It will keep me motivated to keep writing. and that is the only way I can know if you guys are loving the book or not.

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

A☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

827K 30.3K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
746K 47.9K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...
2.7M 156K 120
This story is about a relationships between a father and daughter. A wife and husband. And 2 best friend. "G-g-go" I stuttered moving back a little...
2.5M 39.8K 44
[Highest Rank : #1 in Romance] I love you Naina, you are my best friend....Any Guy would be lucky to have you as his life partner..... But I can't ma...