This I Promise You

By midnight_readerscave

"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his he... More

Prologue
Character aesthetic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
THANK YOU❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Please Read
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 14

3.7K 226 8
By midnight_readerscave

"Kya hua bhai itne gusse mein kyu ho?" Mihir asked, closing my cabin door behind him and walking further into my office.

(What happened? Why are you so angry?)

"Kuch nahi. Hogaya kya Shah groups ke sath settlement?" I tried to change the topic not wanting to think about the little vixen I call wife. She has been pretending as if I don't exist to her.

(Nothing? Is the settlement with Shah group over?)

"Haan ho gaya, but they are asking for another presentation before they can go ahead and sign the deal."

(Yes, its done)

"What nonsense. We already gave them two presentations and I'm not going to give them another one. If the don't want the deal then they can fuck off." I said irritated and annoyed.

"But bhai they are willing to give 40% of the profit."

"Still not worth it if they keep wasting my time. We offered them the best deal of all other companies and they still want to pull this nonsense."

"I know, I'll talk to them, don't worry." He closed the files we were working on and looked at me. "Now tell me what happened, why have you been grumpy for the past three days."

"Nothing. Get back to work." I dismissed him. Mihir being Mihir didn't take my words seriously.

"C'mon bolo na kya hua? Bhabhi ke sath ladai hogayi kaya."

(Tell me what happened? Did you fight with sister-in-law)

"Agar wo mere se baat karegi toh ladai hoga na. Baat hi nahi karti." I muttered under my breath.

(There will be fight if she talks with, she won't even talk with me)

"Kuch bola apne?" I sighed and told him to continue giving me the summary of the meeting.

(Did you say something)

"Hello, ladies. What have you been up to?" Bhai said coming into the office. After our talk four days ago bhai and Bhabhi started behaving normally.

Bhai and Bhabhi had been there for me throughout the whole Mahira situation helping me to get a proper closure with her.

"Aviraj bhai? What are you doing here?" Mihir grinned. Aviraj bhai is the CFO of the company. He didn't want the responsibilities and workload that came with being the CEO. So he passed them to me.

"I was bored at home, so I decided to come here. What are you guys doing? Let's go do something. I'm bored out of my mind." It seems like everyone is in a jolly mood except me. What is there to be so happy?

"You know people have work to do. And how come you're not busy these days." I narrowed my eyes on him. "Are you again passing your work to Ram Chandran?"

"C'mon don't be a party popper, I finished my work early. What's with your grumpy mood Chote?" He settled himself on the couch.

"Bhai has been like this for three days now. Did something happen at home? He has been shouting at everyone for little mistakes, everyone has been walking on eggshells around him."

"Oh, I think I know why he's been like this." Bhai smirked. "Bhai sab ka mood isliye kharab hai kyu ki Anika teen din se inhe ignore kar rahi hai." He made himself comfortable on the couch.

(Little brother's mood is bad because Anika has been ignoring him for 3 days)

"Oh, is it?" Mihir looked at me and shook his head. "I think Bhabhi is right to ignore him. The way he talked to her was not nice." Bhai looked at me and let out a sigh as if he was disappointed in me. Even I was disappointed in myself.

"I hope she forgives him. Avni told me about how Anika was sad but tried to be understanding of the situation." God I hate myself for making her feel like that. I wanted to make up for it but being the stubborn woman she is, she won't talk to me.

"I hope so too." Mihir sighed.

"Will you guys stop talking as if I weren't here?" I snapped. After a few beats of silence I spoke.

"What can I do? She won't talk to me. Even when I tried to talk to her she pretended like I didn't exist. I want to make things right with her. Any advice?" I looked at both of them who looked like they'd seen an alien.

"What? why are you looking at me like that?" My brows frowned.

"Did you just ask us for advice?" Bhai was shocked to say the least. "Oh! This is epic. I have to tell Avni about this." They both laughed as if it was a joke. Can my family be any more annoying?

"Get out, both of you. I'm done with your shit." They were still laughing. "You know what, never mind I'll leave." I stood up to leave.

"Okay, okay. We are sorry. Alright, we'll help you."

"No, I don't want your advice anymore." I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon bhai, don't be stubborn." Mihir made me sit on the couch while he sat on the armchair next to bhai. They just sat there for a few minutes staring at me like creeps.

"So are you gonna tell, are you just going to sit there and stare?" I asked, annoyed.

"First tell me, have you apologised for your behaviour?" Bhai looked at me with a serious expression.

"Of Course I have. I already told you that . What do you think I've been doing for the past three days?" I scoffed, shaking my head. "But you know what she does? She doesn't even look me in the eyes, she just leaves when I try to talk to her. She always finds excuses to leave when I want some alone time with her." I looked at two idiots I call brother's.

"I think you should try taking her somewhere, it's just the two of you and talk." Bhai said. "Get her something nice. Be genuine with your apology. Tell her how much you regret your actions."

"Hmm interesting, I could try that, take her somewhere alone with only the two of us."

Maybe I could pick her up from work and take her to my penthouse where I can cook something nice for her and tell her how genuinely sorry I am and that I want to give this marriage a chance. Yes I'll do that.

"Sir, your 12:30 is here." One of my assistants, Pihu said, knocking on my door.

"Okay get lost both of you. I'll see you later." I went towards my desk to collect the files needed for the meeting and moved towards the door.

"What an ungrateful bastard you are. Not even a thanks. See if I will give you any advice again." Bhai huffed. I turned around to look at them. They were lookin at me like I kicked their favourite puppy.

"You guys are so dramatic. Thank you for your advice guys." I shook my head when they both grinned at me. "Now before I forget Mihir I want you to personally go get the information Marshal collected about Mahira and Anika's friend Shreya."

"The PI?" He looked confused. "What's happening?"

"I'll tell you guys after you get me the information." he nodded then we left on our way.

******

How long will she take to come down? I've been waiting in front of her company for the past 15 minutes and there's still no sign of her. Sighing I looked at my emails to pass time and about 5 more minutes later she came out of the building. At first she didn't notice my car and just stood there searching for someone. Just then Amar came from behind her and said something to her. As soon as she registered what he said she turned her head towards my car.

Saying something to Amar, she started walking towards the car. She was wearing a burgundy colour suit and she looked absolutely gorgeous. I can't stop staring at her. When she reached the car Daniel opened the car, she passed him a smile settled inside the car. As soon as she sat inside I'm assaulted with her heavenly scent of floral zesty fragrance.

I stared at her, unable to form any words. She was looking at me with an unreadable expression as if she can't believe I'm really her to pick her up.

"Hi!"

Really asshole that's what you say. I rolled my eyes internally.

"Hi! What is all this?" she asked, looking at me with a hesitant smile.

"I wanted to pick you up and maybe thought we could do something together." I looked at her to see her reaction and she didn't have any reaction except she kept staring at me.

"Like a date?" she whispered, staring at me with her big brown eyes. I haven't thought about it like that. But maybe this could be our first date and a fresh start.

"Yeah like a date." I reached forward and held her hand. I held my breath for a few seconds thinking she'll push me away but none of that happened. I released a sigh of relief.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"It was good." Her tone indicated it was anything but good.

"What happened?" I squeezed her hand. She hesitated for a bit. "Aap mujhe kuch bhi baata sakti ho."

"Nothing, I have this colleague who thinks of me as his biggest rival and hates me because he thinks I got everything on a silver platter and didn't have to work for anything." She sounded tired.

"You know that's not true right. I've seen you work late at nights and sometimes pulling all nighters just to get a perfect design. You even sometimes do your interns work, when they have exams." She looked stunned as if she couldn't believe I knew something about her.

Oh baby, I know more about you than you think.

"There will always be people who can't stand our success and will do anything to bring us down. But we should never let them get to us." I assured her.

"Yeah, I know but sometimes it gets hard to ignore." She sighed.

She must have had a really bad day if she was like this. I hoped what I planned for her would cheer her up.

Hey guys,

We reached 5k reads. I still can't believe it. Thank you everyone ❤️

Let me know what you think of the chapter.

Do comment and Vote

A❤️☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 10.2K 62
"How dare you crash into my car?" roared a voice, his voice. This man he doesn't even have some manners to help others. He is shouting at me when I a...
138K 7.7K 49
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
700K 4.8K 7
The name of the book has been changed from (LOVE HEALS )to HEALING HEARTS FINDING LOVE ❤️ .... ""Get ready," he said, "I won't be getting ready," sh...