Surviving The Tornadoes

By Toothless_Lover

Not many people know what a tornado is. In some aspects some think of a cyclone. Tornados are deadly. The cou... More

Introduction
First day in Oklahoma!
Telling Nick
Disaster Strikes!!!!
Rescue comes!!
Storm chasing!
Finding dad!
At the school!!
Bored for awhile!!
A Tornado Comes!!!
Alone, but never forgotten!
The bus ride!!!
The next day!!
Just chilling!
Lunch time!!
Lots of patients!!!
Rough night!
Friday!
Something amazing!!!!
The date!!
Back at the shelter
The worst become good!!
Back at the house
Next morning
Days like these
A month later
Seeing my brother
Terrible Storms
Two weeks later
First day of school
Three months later
Next day
Morning
Lunch
Later that day
Leaving to go back
Court
Couple days later
Year after
Senior year
Three days later
Month of Cleaning up
Friday afternoon
After the competition
The Ending

My birthday

134 7 1
By Toothless_Lover

It was May 7, and of course its a special day, my birthday. I'm turning 15 and I finally am allowed to do anything. Well not technically everything, but i will be able to get through some things without percussion and stuff.

Lately, Nick had been released from the hospital and is getting therapy to help regain his strength in his legs. The doctor said that he may be able to walk again if he follows through with it. He also is recovering well after the accident. As for myself, I have been walking without crutches and I have been doing OK with the little device they placed for my heart.

This morning I woke up in a good mood. I washed up and quickly found some clothes that the shelter had for donation and got dressed quickly. Jay wasn't in the room so I did my makeup as well.

I walked out to the cafeteria to a huge surprise.

"Happy birthday!!" Jay, Allison, Nick, Angel  and dad were all around a table with a breakfast.

"Aww thank you guys so much. But I wish Tyler was here. Have you heard anything from Tyler yet?" I asked.

"We have not Ash. I am really sorry. Just sit down and eat your birthday breakfast. And we got some good news and bad news." Allison said.

"What's the good news?" I asked.

"Well they changed your interview to today! And we have somewhere special we are going to, to celebrate this day that God has created the most beautiful and successful 15 year old Girl!" My dad said.

"Holy smokes. I'm gonna have to find something nice to wear to the interview." I said.

"We got you covered." Allison pulled put a black dress with a top.

"Its beautiful!" I said. Allison smiled.

"Now for the bad news...." My dad went on.

"We are gonna have more severe storms tonight. They said could et as worse as the one we had a couple months ago. " my dad announced.

"Shit!!" I said.

"Yeah, so we need to be prepared, since we weren't the first time." My father said.

"Well in the meantime let's just get what we have to get done today and worry about later, later." Allison said.

"Alright, ash go get changed for that interview and put the clothes that you have on in your Bag! Allison will be there in a minute." My dad hollered as I walked off.

The dress was amazing. I don't wear dresses but this was amazing. I got into it.

"Oh, let me help you." Allison helped me tie the string.

"Thanks, how is this gonna work since I have a boot and a brown boot?" I asked.

"They'll know you got hurt." She said.

"Do you want some makeup?" She asked me a few minutes after.

"Um no, I already put some on!" I said.

"OK then. Perfume?" She asked.

"Yeah. Do you have deodorant?" I asked.

"Yes." She handed them both to me.

I smelled amazing. No way they were gonna tell me no to get this job.

"We are about to leave." Angel came in.

"OK." Allison said.

"Wow, I never thought you would look like a decent girl!" She said amazed.

"Me either till today." I said.

We laughed and headed put the door.

"Wait I forgot something!" Angel said.

She went back in for something that was in a huge box. She came out and put it in the trunk. I don't know what is was for.

"There we go. I got to mail it out later." She said.

Jay, Angel, Allison and I, all went in the same car. While dad had the handicapped vehicle with Nick.

We got onto the interstate and went down a couple miles of where the store was located.

"I'm so nervous." I said.

"Don't be, we know its your first time doing this but have faith in yourself. I have it in me for you!" Angel spoke.

"Thanks for all what you guys have done. You put up with me when I got injured and when Nick go into that accident. It means a lot that I have people who care for my family." I said.

"Your welcome. If you would have died that day, I wouldn't still be here. Tyler I don't know where he went. I'm worried that something happened to him. But today is your day and I'm gonna let you do what you want. Your my little sister I have to look out for you!" Angel said.

"Thanks Angel. You didn't have to." I said.

"Well I have to." She said.

I smiled as we pulled into the parking lot. Allison parked the car.

"Alright, good luck. Call me when you are done." Allison said.

"OK, I will!" I yelled back.

They left and I walked through the door. I didn't find anyone so I went to the back.

"Hello." I said.

"Oh hi, are you the girl we are interviewing?" A guy came out.

"Um yeah." I said.

"Right this way. Boss she's here." He directed me to the bosses office.

"Hello, please sit down." He said.

The guy left and the boss was taking out papers.

"Your name is Ashley. Is that right?" He asked me.

"Yes sir. It is." I said. I was nervous.

"I hear you have many medical issues. Diabetes, a heart problem, and right now a somewhat fractured leg?" He said.

"Yes sir. I have a arrhythmias which is irregular heartbeat. My diabetes tend to go out of hand sometimes." I said.

"Well at least you won't be running in a music store. Tell me about yourself." He said.

"Well I've played music since I was three. My mother played and I watched. Then she died a year later." I said.

"Your father has told me about your mother. I'm sorry about that. Alright. Well let's go and see what you can do. There's a group of kids that are waiting for you to play for them." He said getting up.

"So you want me to play for them and teach them?" I asked.
"Yes ma'am. This your test to see what you can do." He said. _______________
I finished what I had to do. That was hard. But I still managed to get it.

"You may go home. You got the job!" He said smiling.

I went outside and called Allison.

Phone call
"I'm ready! I got the job." I said.
Good job! Be there in a minute.

The phone call ended.

I sat down on the bench till Allison showed up. It was 10 minutes till 12 and I had no idea where Allison was. I called her twice and she didn't answer. So I went to the bathroom and changed into my outfit.

Allison called but I didn't pick it up. I went outside and there she was waiting for me. I got into the car.

"Where have you been I called!!" I said.

"Sorry my phones off." She said.

"Wow. Really? Then you called when I was getting changed." I told her.

"We'll sorry." We pulled put the parking lot. We headed east. I never been east so yeah.

We were in the vehicle for about 20 minutes.

"Where are we going?" I asked confused.

"Just wait. Put this over your eyes!" Allison handed me a handkerchief. So I did what she said.

The car stopped. I didn't know where we were. She directed me towards door where she then opened them. We went into a quiet room.

"Take it off." She said.

I took it off and Angel, Nick, Dad, samantha, toby, and her mother, And Jill with her mother were there.

"Omg, Samantha, Jill. How did you know?" I asked.

"I moved back down here. Angel called me telling me that there was gonna be birthday party. So I came. And I see your leg is getting better." Samantha said.

"Sane here, I really didn't know what happened to you. Then again you were there when I was getting checked on. Thanks so much." Jill said.

"Thanks so much. Jill if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be talking to random people. Samantha I'm just glad that we could see each other." I said.

"No problem!" They both said at the same time. We all laughed about it.

"Angel where's Jay?" I asked.

"He's coming." She said. I sat down.

"Where's my Birthday Girl?" Jay came in.

I smiled as he put another blindfold on. I didn't  know what was going on.

"Alright we will hand you gifts and you have to feel what they could be." Jay said.

They handed me one. It felt pretty big.

"Um, its an instrument?" I said.

"Yep, what kind?" Jill said.

"Damn it! Its a trumpet!" I said.

"Yep, here's another."

This one was soft. I knew it immediately was a pillow.

"A pillow!!" I said.

"Yes Ashley."

It went on for another 30 minutes. I got a lot of things that I lost a month ago. It was all that o really wanted back.

"Thanks everyone!" I said smiling.

"Whose up for cake? Ashley I know you don't like cake so I got you a fruit salad." Nick asked.

"Thanks Nick. Your the best." I hugged him.

We ate dessert and Allison made an announcement.

"Alright, I got game cards $20 for the guests. And Ashley you get $40." She said.

I smiled and I played games for hours. Laser tag was fun. My friends all went to the trampoline area. I watched because I don't like them. Its a long story.

I got attacked by a bunch of bees when I tried to get in one. And that's why.

My brother had fun to. He played guitar hero the whole time. But he won most agianst strangers. He is a pro at it.

My friends and I did gokart. It used only one foot but I won because they went easy on me they don't believe that they should beat cripple. But I took the sticker and split it into thirds and gave one to Jill, Samantha and me.

It was about 3 o'clock.

"Alright, Ashley we need to get going. The storms are getting really close." My dad said.

"OK, I'll go get jay and say goodbye to my friends." I said.

My dad smiled. I found my friends.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go. The storms are coming and we all need to go somewhere safe." I said.

"Alright, I'll see you both at school!" Jill said.

"OK, bye." We all hugged.

"Stay safe!" I yelled as they both wemt to go find there mothers.

I found. Jay and we left.

"Jay?" I said.

"Yes Ashley?" He asked.

"Can we wait?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I got to thinking we shouldn't just yet." He said.

I fell asleep even though it wasn't close to sleep time.
___________________
"Ashley can you hear me? We have to go to the storm shelter." Jay said.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"You fell asleep and we have a tornado warning." He said.

I got up and we ran to the storm shelter.

We ducked. This was all a dream I thought. But I rethinked it. And I know the last time I said that it wasn't a dream.

The tornado hit right before Jay came in.

"NO JAY!!!" I screamed as jay disappeared into the tornado.

I ran for him only to feel myself going into darkness.

I suddenly woke up.

"Jay!" I said crying right into his arms.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I had a dream a tornado took you away!" I said.

"Oh sweety, I promise you that I will not leave you. A dream is just a dream." He said calmly.

"I know." I said.

We pulled into the parking lot of the shelter.

The clouds got dark quickly.

"Alright everyone needs to get to the Storm rooms immediately. Just to be safe." Allison directed.

All of us made it into the room. Nick was in there so I knew he was safe.

I fell back to sleep.

Thanks! I'll post tomorrow. We got some severe storms coming.
~Ash~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 1.2K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
1.5K 204 121
All about fantasy worlds and characters. Winx Club, Barbie, Disney, DC Superhero Girls, Star Wars characters, Horseland characters and Disney Descend...
164K 8.7K 85
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...