First day of school

"I'm so ready for school!" I said as we got our bags and my trumpet case out. It was my old one that got saved from the house.

"I bet you are. Let's get to band!" Jay said as he wheeled me to the sidewalk.

"You too have a good day." Allison said.

"Jay I think I can wheel my self around!" I said looking into the sun.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I only broke three fingers!" I said.

"Alright, give it a try!" He said.

I wheeled myself pretty well. We walked into the band room.

"Today class we will be introducing a new student. handicapped but will be able to march next year. Welcome her and be nice to her!" She looked at a couple boys.

"What does she play?" Jill asked.

"Trumpet!" The band teacher said. She walked over too me.
"Hello, I'm Mrs. Adams. I'm glad to meet you. If you'd like to get your trumpet out and come to the other room and tryout which chair you will receive meet me there I'm 5 minutes." She said.

She left and I went to that room. I didn't know what she wanted to play. I was kinda nervous.

"Alright, you will be playing our fight song. Here you go." She handed me On Wisconsin.

I knew this song, it is the easiest song I knew. I layed the paper down on the ground.

"You already have this memorized?" She asked.

"Yep." I played.

She clapped and didn't say anything. I left the room. I was really kinda proud that I played it and didn't screw up.

"Alright," she started as she came back. "we have a new first trumpet." She said.

"Holy!" I said.

Mrs.Adams pointed to the first chair. Jill was now second chair so now I felt better. There was five trumpets. It was a bit small but I'm the leader so the three boys should respect me.

We played all hour. Come to think of it I didn't sound like shit playing the concert music.

"Wow I'm surprised! I didn't know you were that good." Jill said catching up with me going down the halls.

"Yeah.." I said disappointed.

"Hey what's wrong?" She stopped me.

"Its just, I took your place." I said.

"Hey look at me, its OK. I don't mind. I still get first part." She said.

"I guess so. Haha." I smiled. We went to our second class.

Algebra is my worst subject!!

We went through three hours. It was rough. I was at my locker when someone came up to me and slammed my locker.

"Hey new kid!!! Looks like you need a push!" They pushed me into the wall. I was fine but I didn't know what to do.

"You know what show some fucking respect!!! You don't have the guts to really hurt me. If you did you'd be in jail!" I yelled at the guy. He turned around.

"What did you say?? Because I think I heard jail!!" He yelled and spit on me.

"I would keep your spit to yourself because im pretty sir ei just saw your girlfriend run off crying. And yes I did say jail." He looked at me and ran off.

"Damn, you told him straight to his face. He is the big bully of this school." Samantha said.

"Yeah I guess I did." I said confident.