Seeing my brother

I opened the door and there was Nick, wide awake, smiling. He was happy to see me.

"Hey baby sis. How are you doing ?" He asked

"I am doing alright. How are you?" I asked him back.

"Hanging in there. The depressing part is, I probably won't be able to walk." He said.

"Yeah, so what happened? If I may ask?" I asked him.

"I was on my way to meet up dad somewhere, and a car ran a red light and hit my side. " He said.

"Damn.....Where is Tyler?" I asked.

"I have no clue, he was OK when the accident happened. I have not heard anything from him. I thought he went back to you guys." He said.

"No, we haven't seen him either. I wonder where he went?" I said. 

"Yeah, I just how he is OK. It's not like him to wonder off alone."

"No." I said.

There was a moment of silence.

"So how are you two doing?" Nick asked.

"Uh. We are doing good." Jay  said.

"As in relationship, I mean?" Nick said.

"Well it wasn't a relationship after you had the accident. It was silent for awhile but we had a talk." I said happy.

"Ah good. So I heard about the heart thing." He looked at me.

"Yeah, its nothing." I said.

"It's tho. Why didn't you tell me before about the issues you were having?" He asked concerned.

"Because you were always busy with the Uncle, and Aunt Jessica wouldn't believe me....she literally was always drunk, she yelled at me all the time, and not once was she nice to me. I started having these problems like 4 months before dad came back. I was just afraid." I said.

"Aunt Jessica wasn't mean to you when I was there tho?" He was confused.

"Because she knew you would probably run away and take me with you if she was mean." I said frowning.

"Listen, we are out of there. There is now, not a reason to not tell us if you are in pain." Nick stated.

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry....." I said.

"No need to be kiddo." He said with a smile.

Angel and Allison both come into the room.

"Hey, I see you look well and about." Angel said to me.

"Yep, and I feel better than I always will be." I said smiling.

"Good. So this little device is what is helping your heart function and allow blood flow to pass through. Right?" Angel asked to see if she was correct.

"Yes, her heart was very weak when she went in for her doctor appointment." Jay said.

"Jeez, well I'm glad you are OK." Angel said.

She hugged me.

"Ahh..." I said in a little agony.

"Sorry, forgot that you still are recovering a little." Angel apologetically said.

"No no, its fine. You are just a little happy." I said smiling.

Everyone laughed. As everyone was laughing still I went to make an exit to go get something to eat.

"Hey where you going?" Nick asked.

"I'm starving. I will be back." I said.

"OK, well Jay go with her so she doesn't fall or anything." He said.