The bus ride!!!

I looked out the window trying to search outside before the bus left for Angel. But, she wasn't there. It was like she vaporized into thin air.

A lot of people were still getting on buses, huddled with babies in their arms. Many of them wounded and hurt. It was a nightmare, it was like a civil war broke out.

I had never experienced so much pain in my life. I wished my mother was there to see all of this. But she can't, she's gone just like the others.

I sat there and cryed. I pretty much was drained.

The bus started moving and no one I knew was there to talk to. My phone was completely dead so I couldn't listen to my music. All i did was stare out the window. There was nothing besides debris on the roads and pastures cover with trees and cars.

I wasn't tired or anything I was just bored and lonely.

"Everyone we will be at a shelter in about 30 minutes or so! So please stay seated and relax." The bus driver said.

After that I felt my seat go up. Some girl sta down next to me.

"Hello?" She said. I didn't say anything.

"My names Samantha, are you ok". She asked me. I gave her a slightly nod.

"You don't have to be afraid to talk?"

"Mm...y names Ashley."

"Well nice to meet you!"

"Yeah,." I said frowning.

"Everything's gonna be alright. What's bothering you so bad?" She asked me.

"Well I cant find my family.... They all left me and there gone." I started to cry.

She put me into a nice hug and rubbed me. "Its alright! No one has been with me either. I'm 12 how about you?"

"14, wheres your family?"

"I was left alone! My mother had to work and she don't know! My phones dead." She said.

"So is mine." I said back with a slight grin on my face.

There was a long silence.

"Sorry to ask this but what happened to you leg and arm?"

"A tornado had hit the house I was at and a price of debris hit my leg, fracturing and bruising it pretty badly. Then my arm was just a long story."

"Oh that sucks. Can you not remember?"

"Yeah I could but I don't want to talk about it." I said.

"Oh im sorry, It's actually great to talk to someone that I just met. My mother and I are very close. This is my baby brother Toby. He is only 5." She explained.

"Well its nice to meet you both. Where is your father?" I asked her.

"My father passed on when Toby was born. I don't know what happened. All I know is he had a great heart of a man."

"Oh, sorry to hear that. " I said.

"Yeah, its fine. Toby sit on my lap. I don't want you to get lost." She told toby.

There was another moment of silence. We sat there in silence till the bus driver announced we were about five minutes there.

"Sissy, where is mommy?" Toby asked Samantha.

"She is probably looking for us." She told him. I stared out the window.

"So, do you have any siblings?" Samantha asked me.