Three days later

These three days have been boring. I go back to school today and hopefully Quinn will back off. But you never know. She said she wasn't done of what she started.

Jay and I are now walking together. My eye has actually gotten a bit better since. It is still bruised and my nose will probably not be healed till a month. My stitches come out two weeks from now so I'm a total mess.

"Are you ready to go back?" Jay asked me holding my hand.

"I guess." I wasn't up for much of anything.

"You really haven't talked since the accident. Are you OK?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just I don't want to speak because there is nothing to speak of." I said.

"Baby, there is plenty of things to talk about. I can't kiss you and it really is hurting me."

"Well I'm sorry that I got beat up for no specific. And by the way they were making fun of me so I had no choice. I had to insult her."

"What were they making fun of?" He asked.

"I play baseball and that is why." I said.

"Look at me. Baseball is for anyone. You are just the first girl to actually wanting to play. It doesn't matter about your sex." He told me.

"Are you sure because it seems as a problem for other people."

"Just those girls who hurt you. Quinn is just trying to start shit. And you have to end it by speaking up around everyone."

"But how. She harasses me when I'm alone."

"Just ignore her. If it gets worse come to me."

"Fine." I said.

We walked into the band room. There was really no one there. They must have been out on the field already marching.

"Let's go to the field it looks like we need our instruments." Jay said.

We got our instruments and headed outside.

"Well morning. My what happened Ashley? You seem bruised." Quinn came up to me.

I ignored her because I wasn't in the mood of seeing or talking to her. I was so nice to her when she first came but now she's trying everything to get rid of me.

"Morning guys. Please stand on the side line while I get these others in spot." Mrs. Adams said.

Jill came towards me and she looked worried.

"What happened?? Was it Quinn because I will kill her. I'm tired of her bullcrap." She asked me.

"Yeah, she did this. And I won't be able to play. Do you want to take my music?" I asked.

"No its not my part. And just try. You have to have confidence! Please just try. Just don't push to much on the lip. Just try." She encouraged.

"Alright. Thanks." She said.

"No problem if anything I'm here if you need anything. I'll be next to you no matter what." She said.

"Alright trumpet 1 here on the 45 yard line 16 steps from the side line." Mrs. Adams said.

I got to my spot and I stood there. Jill was next to me just as she said. I can count on her, I know she will do anything for me.

I'm not that person that really doesn't like people doing and getting things for me. Its been a problem for me forever.

"Alright band. Go to your first spot of the whole show." Mrs. Adams said.

"Just follow me. You got this." Jill said.