Telling Nick

Lets see where we left off.....

Oh yeah my father had left to go clean up the cobwebs and anything else that was inside the storm shelter for tonight.

After my father had left I  jumped up and ran for the door then to my bike. 

"I have to tell Nick!"  

In despite of going to tell my brother  I quickly clipped my helmet on and I bicycled all the way to the repair shop where Nick was getting his truck fixed.

His truck had broke down while we were on the road down here. The battery was no good anyway, because he had it sitting in the yard for a couple months. He tried to fix it previously but he didn't want to risk anymore damage to the truck itself.

I pedaled all the way there. I saw a lot of new people but I didn't pay attention to them.

When I got there I threw my bike down and ran to the front. I found Nick in the engine part.

"Nick......there....es. A.. Storm.." I said out of breath.

"There is a storm?" He said confused.

Nick was always good at what I meant to say.

"Yes.....with possible hail, flooding and......tor....tornadoes." I said still breathless.

Nick glanced at me and had a smile on his face.

"That just seems ironic that on our first day moving here I might get to get a tornado on film." I sat down to catch my breath.

Nick sat down next to me.

"Why does it seem ironic?" I asked.

"It's like I felt it coming. Do you know what I mean baby sis?"

"Yeah I guess I do." I sighed.

"Well as soon as my truck gets fixed do you want to come with me?" He asked me.

"Sure Nick. But what about.." Nick cut me off.

"I will ask dad to let you come."

"Are you sure he will allow that?"

"I will make sure I can get you to come." He got up and gave me a hug.

Vision:
Mommy was hugging me tightly. "Now don't ever forget me. I'll always be here in your heart."

In a blink of an eye she let go and headed towards the light.

Nick stopped hugging me.

I quickly jumped backwards blinking and squinting trying to get back to reality.

"Are you ok?" He asked me in great concern.

"Yeah i am fine."

"Maybe you should get something to eat. Your sugar may be down." He said.

"No, you just hugged me to tight."

"Oh im sorry. Well you should get home and get ready for the storm. I'll pick you up as soon as I get out of here. Im estimating maybe about an hour or less till the truck is repaired." Nick smiled.

"Alright. Well make sure you ask dad." I said getting up.

"Oh I most definitely will call him."

"Ok see you soon!" I said picking up my bike.

"See you later sis. Love you!"

"Love you too!" I yelled as he went inside. I didn't know if he heard me or not.

I clipped my helmet back on and pedaled away. As I was heading down I forgot that I had to go to the store.

"Shit I need to turn around." I said turning back toward the store.

There were so much more to see of this little town. I noticed that most houses were abandoned or over 40 years old. Some looked like the could be haunted for all we know.

There was a sign toward a garden. But I didn't turn down that road. This town really looked like the old days but it was cute.

I looked around and saw a little dollar general store. So I pulled into the parking lot.

I chained my bike so no one stole it. And unclipped my helmet and set it on the seat.

As soon as I walked into the store a nice young lady was greeting people.

"Welcome to dollar." She said.

I stared shyly and went to the back.

I had to find myself a new pair of headphones and some earplugs for the thunder.

I don't really like thunder. It is really loud and I like being in quiet places.

I grabbed the items and went towards the front. As I did I forgot about ibuprofen for my father. So I went back to the back and grabbed that.

I went up to the cashier and she scanned them.

"That will be $6.45." She said.

"Cheap." I muttered under my breath.

I gave her a 10 dollar bill. I got the change back and before I grabbed the bag the lady talked to me.

"Ah, you look new here?" I stopped and looked at her.

"Yeah, I just moved here today. Just needing a few items." I said back.

"Wow, welcome then. This town is small but its amazing. The garden has come a long way but when you get the time you should go see it."

"Yeah, well thanks. We got to get ready for a storm that's coming."I said in a hurry.

"There's a storm coming? When?" She asked me.

"Sometime after 4 pm I think." I told her.

"Okay thanks. I'll be home with my kids then. Take care and come back anytime." I walked out the door.

I grabbed my key and unlocked my bike chain. Quickly pedaled back home.

I put my bike by the door and ran up on to the porch.

I walked in the door and my dad was standing there. He had that look on his face.....

_________________________________________ _________________________________
Please vote and comment. I appreciate it if you do. Thanks. :)