Lunch

As I sat I sat down some new girl sat next to me.

"Um, excuse me. May I sit here?" She asked me.

I didn't know what to say. New person, what was I going to say. I'm shy.

"Uh yeah." I said hiding in my hood.

"I'm Quinn. Its nice to meet you. Who might you be?" She held her hand like I was gonna give her a hand shake.

"Ashley." That's all I said.

"A bit shy aren't you. I am to. That's why I figured that you were shy and obviously I was right. You don't have to be shy." She told me.

"I'm sorry, but I usually don't talk to new people." I finally said.

"I understand. I'm trying to find friends. I'm new here and no one here excepts me. That's why I left my old school. I was always bullied and alone." She told me.

"Well I'm not going to let you be alone. I'm Ashley, many call me ash or crip." I said.

"Why crip?" She asked.

"Well I got hurt a couple months ago and that nickname stayed with me. I guess I'm not the newest bunch in the school anymore." I smiled.

"I guess not. Do you have friends?" She asked.

"Yes, my boyfriend and two other girls." I said.

"What's there names?" She asked me another question.

"Jay, Jill and June." I said.

"Wow, three j's in a row. Are any of you in band?" She asked me.

"Yes all of actually. We all play brass instruments." I said.

"Oh wow, I play a French horn." She said.

"Well I will introduce our brass quartet." I said as all three sat down.

"Who is this fine charming girl?" Jay asked.

"This is Quinn. A new member of our group. She's a brass instrument as well. Jay and June plays trombone, Jill and I play trumpet." I told Quinn.

"That is so amazing. I'm so glad people like me." She said laughing.

"Yeah me too." I glared at her.

Jay and there other two laughed. I had a bad feeling about Quinn. She seemed to always look at Jay. And then she would give me death stare.

"So where did you come from?" Jay asked her.

"I came from Waterbury." She said.

"That's cool. How about we talk about band?" I said trying to stop the conversation between Quinn and Jay.

"Why? I want to get to know Quinn a bit more." Jay said.

I just stared and didn't say anything.

"I was originally being bullied so I came here." She said all preppy.

"Well you aren't gonna find any luck here." I said with no hope for her.

"Well your making me very uncomfortable and not welcomed here." She said snotty.

"Well then, tell me more." jay said.

"People here are very nice." She continued.

Jay nodded and we finished up lunch. The bell rang and it was time for American history. My favorite class.

"Welcome to American history. Today we area going to talk about the tragic day that the twin towers were demolished. 9\11\01 was a day of tragic history, we learned that four planes were crashed. Two into the towers, one in the Pentagon and one that was a headed towards the whitehouse and crashed. Now does anyone know anyone in your family who have died threw that?" Mr.Matthews asked the class.

No one raised there hand. I knew someone so I raised my hand.

"Yes Ms.Cross." he pointed at me.

"Yes, my great Uncle Bobby cross was one of those workers that was on the highest floors. And also my Grandpa's brother." I said.

"Wow, anyone else?" He asked the class, no reply so he went onto the lesson.

"Alright then no more volunteers. All the terriosts that were on those planes all died. They all commited what was suicide. Those people hijacked those planes that day in order to attack those towers. Now people didn't know what was going on intill they found out that it was being attacked on purpose." He said.

"It all started at about 8-9 o'clock in the morning. The last tower went down at about approximately 1:30. It was terrifying to see those buildings be put down to the ground. To 9\11\01 it has made American history. Tonight I want you to write a 2 page essay on that day." He said.

"Class will be over in about 10 minutes. So give time and think about what your going to write about." He then sat down.

Wow this is one of those topics that o can write 5 pages of that down. This class was going to be easy.

The bell rang and it was time for our last hour. Choir. The most horrible class that of ever took. But this time its a new choir director. The last time I was in choir I had gotten sick so I couldn't really talk.

"Welcome to choir. I'm Mrs. Merryweather or Mrs. M for short. This year I'm gonna make this choir into a great place. You choice some songs and I will pick some as well so its a half and half deal." She said.

The hour went be fast. All we did was figure out our tone and split up into groups.

I met jay around the corner only to find him talking g to the new girl. I wasn't going to say anything but I did.

"Jay what the hell is going on?" I asked him.

"Its not what you think. We have a project in biology where we have to find living things and classify them. We were just looking at this salamander see." He showed me.

"Oh alright. I'm sorry. I'm just really not focused today. I'll call Allison and tell her that you too will be doing your project." I said and turned around.

"Wait, do you want to help us? Your really good at classifying things." Jay asked me.

"Alright even better then. Thanks Jay!" I kissed him hopeimg little Quinn would stay off my man and off we went to classify living things.

Sorry it's short. About to to post more.
~Ash~
P.S Always be positive and not to let people who bring you down. Smile if you have to they really hate that shit.