At the school!!

It was raining still, but not as hard as it was when we left. When we drove on the highway we saw a lot of cars were flipped to there sides and either upside down, powerlines were damaged and down on the ground, trees were ripped out if the ground and thrown far distances from where they previously were planted. It was a creepy feeling, I felt like an apocalypse that we just went threw and we were the only ones alive.

"So where do we go?" Nick asked my dad.

"There's a school not to far from here. They have shelter fr those who were hit or have no where to go for safety." My dad said.

"What school?" I asked.

"Hardensville schools. I was looking at this school for you to go to when summer is over. But they are open to all that pass that need somewhere to stay." My dad carefully explained.

I eventually blocked all the sound around me and listened to music. My dad didnt even notice that I wasn't listening.

Then I started singing. My favorite song. Its times by Imagine Dragons. Well not exactly my favorite song but I like it a lot. I used to sing my heart out with my mother to this song. I only listen to it whenever its a tough situation but right now its just to ignore those who surround me. And right now is that time to think about something else.

As soon as we got there, there was a lot of people who came from other parts of the counties. Those who had gotten hit and that needed somewhere safe to be.

We got out the truck and went inside. Some stranger came up a greeted us. "Welcome to Hardensville public schools, I'm principal Thomas." "Nice to meet you I'm Robert Cross." My shook his hand and they both started talking. So me and the rest of our group went to find somewhere to settle.

"They have snacks. What would you like Ashley?" Angel asked me. I was in a lot of pain. Someone tapped my shoulder. "Hi, I'm nurse Debra. You need to sit down. I will take care of her. We are helping those who are hurt." She said to Angel. "I want some cheez-its and some water." I said to Angel.

I sat down just like Nurse Debra told me.

"What's your name?" She asked me "Ashley." "Thats a pretty name, I see you were in the hospital. Was that the purpose for your leg?" She asked me.

I'm a really shy person so I really hate talking new people. I especially hate doctors and nurses, they always tested on me when I was younger. It was always needles, medication, surgery's, and other ironic stuff.

"Yeah, oww." I yelled a little as she took two wrap off my arm. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. Your arm has bled so much that the cloth is sticking to your skin. So hold tight."

She slowly took it off but i was in so much pain. I looked away due to all the blood. I get dizzy if I see blood. Im just like my mother when it comes to blood.

"Looks like you need several stitches, I will be right back with our doctor we have." I sighed as Nick came into the little 'hospital' as I say.

"Hey baby sis, ewe I'm sorry." He said."What for, you didn't have anything to do with it. Is it really bad?" I said shaking really badly. "Yeah, here when she comes back hold my hand. Squeeze it as tight as you want when ever it hurts a lot." He gave me a smile. "OK." I said frightened.

The nurse came back with a tray of tiny knifes and other tings that looked dangerous. Also a doctor followed behind her.

"Well hello! I'm doctor Sarah. I see you have a huge wound." "I guess so." I turned and glanced over my shoulder. "Whats all the needles and knifes for?" I asked. "Well we have to put you to sleep and stitch this up. There seems to be some glass inside of the wound." I had a scared face.

They put me to sleep and I had a dream.

~Dream~
When I was 3 I had got severely sick. My mother was really worried. So they brought me to the hospital. "Come on honey bunches, your going to be fine." She held my hand tightly. The doctor came in and announced I had pneumonia and appendicitis. So I was in the ICU for about a week. 2 surgery's and medication.

My mother stopped working to stay with me at the hospital. She sat down next to me. I was awake. "Hey sweetie, your coming home some time tomorrow." I smiled. I had very good vocabulary. "Mommy, I was sick?" I said questioned. "Yes you were my honey bunches." She started to cry. "I love you, don't tear!" I said. She smiled and kissed me.

I woke about 30 minutes after the fact.

Nick was standing next to me. "Hey baby sis, your all fixed up." I smiled. They didn't give me much medicine. So it only took them about 35 minutes.

__________________

It was 2:32 in the morning. The storm was almost gone. We all were still awake. I sat there and ate me cheez-its.

It has been a long day. And with another storm coming this is really irritating. I lost everything.

I lost my instruments and everything that my mother left. But the fact is that I'm still alive and that's all that matters.