Back at the shelter

Moments passed as we drove back to the shelter. It was silent I decided to talk a bit more.

"Allison, do you have my heart medicine?" I asked her.

"Yes I do. It is in my purse on the outside pocket." She put her purse on my lap and I digged for my medicine. I found it and took it.

"Thanks. So how much do you know about my father?" I asked her getting a drink of water.

"A lot. He seems to be a sweet gentleman. I can't say it was bad, it was mostly a great date. I would to love to go to another date with me. And he asked me to be his girlfriend." She said stopping.

"And what was your answer?" I said happily.

"I said yes." She said smiling.

"Oh my, yes!!!!! By the way are you religious?" I asked her.

"Yes, I am a Methodist. I was raised all my childhood going to a church." She said.

"Holy smoke. I am a Methodist too. I always snuck out every Sunday morning and go to the church. My aunt wasn't religious. She was always hateful towards God. But oh well." I told her.

"Yeah, I know it was hard back then, but look on the bright side. You moved from all that trouble to even more problems." Allison said.

"I don't care, as long as I know I'm safe of all drama and being yelled at. I'm glad I have already made great friends." I said smiling.

We pulled up in the parking lot. She parked in a handicapped parking spot. She turned the key off.

"I'm glad you are too. Now let's go in and I'll give you the rest of your medicine. Then we can go to sleep." She said smiling back.

We got out and headed to the room I was previously in when I got sick. Allison gave me my insulin and I headed off to sleep.
_______________
It was a rough night for me. I couldn't sleep so I decided to go outside to get some fresh air.

I sat down on a bench that was outside. It wasn't cold outside it felt great. I look at the stars and found many constellations in the sky. There was one that I saw and it looked like my mother.

"Mother, I know your up there looking down and watching all of us. I met a perfect boy, and dad is happy again. I know he said he wouldn't meet another girl after you passed. But he is happy again." I said to the stars.

Nothing came back but I mean its stars.

"Hey?" I heard a voice.

"Who is there?" I said scared.

"Its me Jay!" Jay said coming out of the dark.

"Oh, you can't sleep either?" I asked confused.

"No, I looked over and you were gone so I figured you were out here." He said.

He sat down next to me.

"Oh, I was looking at the stars." I said looking back up.

"I can see. Who was that you were talking to?" He asked me.

"Nobody. Just looking up there and talking to my mother. Hoping that she can hear me even though she can't hear me but at least I know she's there somewhere." I said.

Jay put his hand on my leg.

"Its kinda sad when you don't have your mother there. My parents died on that storm night. I lost my baby sister but she has to be alive. She wasn't anywhere." He said.

"How old is she?" I asked him.

"She is 7. I woke up and she wasn't there next to my parents. So I know she's alive but don't know where she is. I pray each day hoping she is safe and we will meet once again." He said tearfully.

I scouted towards him and he wrapped his arm around my neck and I burrowed down on his chest.

"Its nice meeting a boy who is is as nice as you." I said.

"You are amazing to me. You are my first girlfriend actually. Girls are always on top of me but I always tell them that I'm not ready to date. But I found you and you are exactly the girl of my dreams." He exclaimed.

"Awe, thank you. I love you." I said sleeply.

"I love you too. Sleep your tired."

I fell asleep right in his arms. He was soft. I loved the way he cuddled with me. For once in my life I feel safe to actually be with a guy. He was my first boyfriend as well.
____________________
"Hey, let's get her back inside." I heard a voice. I still had my eyes closed. It sounded like a girl.

I felt someone pick me up and my legs we dangling and so was my arms. I was gently put down on a bed and covered in a blanket.

"She's freezing like crazy. Thanks Jay for the jacket. And for calling us on the phone." I heard Allison say.

I woke up and opened my eyes a little bit.

"Hey ash, just fall back to sleep. We moved you inside because you were cold." Then the lights went out.
_________________
I woke up. It was 10:26am.

"Mmmm......." I said rolling over. I fell off the bed.

"Are you ok?" I heard a voice say.

"No I'm dying!!! Yes I'm fine." I said.

"Don't scare me like that. And oops I forgot to put the rail up. Sorry!" Allison said.

"How did I get in here? I remember being outside with Jay!!" I said confused getting up.

"Oh don't hurt yourself." She sat me down in the chair.

"I'm fine!!" I said.

"Jay called me saying you were extremely cold and your temp was dropping. So I quickly ran and we brought you in so you were warm." She explained.

"Oh, this day is gonna be great." I said sarcastically.

"We are suppose to get more storms later on today." She said.

"Are you being sarcastic?" I asked trying to wake up still.

"No I'm not." She said Seriously.

"Gosh damn it!!!"

She smiled and gave me my medicine. Today wasn't gonna be a good day anyways.

Thanks. It is longer than usual. Its extraordinarily late so night!!