The Harper Brothers: Sophomor...

By angel48183

Romeo Harper doesn't have an issue with women. If anything, women flock to him. Romeo decides to create a dat... More

Are you all ready for this?
A surprise visit
The date
A start of something
Two separate lives
Acting
Sneaking around
The cat's out of the bag
We return you to you're regular scheduled programming
A late night visit
Digging for the truth
Meeting Ryker
Issues
The sh*t has hit the fan and splattered
Damage control
Meeting
False celebration
The catalyst
Getting help
Unconditional love
Release day
Homecoming weekend
Relationships
The Gray way
411
Halloween chaos
Close the door
Mary
The Saintwood crew meets a Harper brother
Baby, it's cold outside
Christmas
A Christmas shocker
Returning to chaos
Social media issues
The new Dean
Valentine's Day
Luck of the Irish
Someone is turning twenty-one
The morning after
Spring break
Another door closes
The cousins
Returning to school
It's not goodbye but see you later
Grief is the final act of love
Back to the chaos
Finishing the semester and celebrating a birthday
A summer birthday and a revelation

A busy first week

835 71 37
By angel48183

Romeo

Each day, I had a date with a different girl. Some wanted a traditional date, while others wanted romance. I obliged each girl.

The girls wanted someone to show an interest in them and had low self-esteem. I didn't understand it. The girls had dazzling personalities, which made them attractive.

When guys noticed the girls with me, they took an interest in them. I introduced the girl to the guy and went along my merry way.

*******
I came into the house as Marty came out of the kitchen drinking a pop. "Where is everyone?"

"They're busy getting ready for school. Where have you been?"

"I was on a date."

"You've had a date every day this week."

"Yeah, so?"

Shouldn't you pick a girl?"

"Au contraire, variety is the spice of life."

"Yeah, I'll pass."

I rolled my eyes as Rafe came into the house. "Where is your love muffin?"

"My what?" Rafe asked.

"Your pookie, love muffin, sweet thang, or whatever nickname you bestow upon her," I said.

"Kate had to meet her parole officer," Rafe said.

Marty and I cocked our heads.

Rafe rolled his eyes. "Her brother."

"Ah." I wagged my finger.  "So what's your with you and Liam?"

"Nothing." Rafe shrugged.

"Are you sure? Because you shoot him daggers when he comes into the room."

"That's everyone else's viewpoint, not mine."

"Raphael, you suck at lying. You suck even more at denying your feelings. Hey, it's Rafe denying his emotions for the billionth time."

"You shout to talk. You date but don't pick a girl."

"I told you!" Marty said.

I rolled my eyes. "There's no rule that states you must date one girl and plan your future. Crazy tried that bullshit and failed."

"Well, Sloane was a basket case." Marty nodded.

"Sloane was coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs," Rafe said.

I snickered. "You're both right."

A few minutes later, Reese came into the house and stopped. Here is tension. Here is a knife. Now cut.

I threw gas onto the fire and fanned that flame because I'm a dick and trying to prove a point. "Where's Liam?"

"Why do you want to know?" Reese asked me.

"Because you're joined at the hip."

Reese rolled his eyes. "He went to the bakery."

I gasped and placed my hand on my chest. "And he didn't invite you! I'm shocked!"

Reese glared at me and stormed upstairs.

"Was that necessary?" Marty asked me.

"Not only was it necessary, but needed." I raised my finger.

Rafe arched a brow. If you thought we were assholes to each other, it didn't compare what we did to others. The Percy sisters are prime examples. They hated us, and we hated them for obvious reasons. They tried their shit with us and failed. Reese would lose this little game she was playing with Raphael.

Don't piss off a brother unless you intend to accept the consequences. We beat the hell out of each other, but only us. It was an unspoken rule.

*******
Sage

The week was fine until my date got closer. Then my anxiety kicked up. What was I thinking by paying for a date? Ugh.

Reese stormed past my doorway, and a door slammed shut. Well, that gives me a chance to take my mind off my upcoming date.

I walked over to Reese's door, knocked, and opened it.

Reese looked at me as I entered. "Romeo is a dick."

"Why?  What did he do?"

"He asked where Liam is?"

"And?"

"I told him that Liam went to the bakery. Then Romeo rubbed my nose in it."

"How so?"

"Liam didn't invite me, and it shocked Romeo." Reese crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Romeo is trying to rile you up. Ignore him."

Reese lowered her arms. "But it makes me think Liam is doing shit behind my back."

"Reese, I doubt Liam would cheat on you. My family detests cheaters."

Reese sighed. "You're right. I shouldn't let Romeo get under my skin."

I nodded and left the room. It's not that I don't want to help my friends, but I have my problems, like my date. I'll need to keep it casual, so no one questions me, especially Romeo.

*******
Romeo

Since I had some free time, I hunted down my dipshit cousin.  He wants to pull his shit. He better be honest.

I entered the bakery to find Liam behind the counter wearing an apron. I strolled over to him as he stocked the cases. "Why are you wearing an apron?"

"I'm helping my family out. Why?" Liam closed the glass case.

"Because your dad has money." I arched a brow.

"Yeah, and so does my mom. What's your point?"

"Does Reese know that you're working?"

Liam leaned on the case and interlocked his fingers. "Romeo, I can knock you out with one punch. Do you want to test my theory?"

"And Val will be the hell out of you. Do you want to test that theory?"

"Don't be an ass."

"Stop flaunting your relationship with Reese in front of Rafe."

"Look, Rafe didn't act on Reese. I did."

"Do you like Reese, or are you trying to rub Rafe's nose into it?"

"I like Reese. And why am I explaining myself to you? It's not like you're an expert on relationships."

"No, but people don't deserve someone to mess with them. You enjoy the chase, then get bored."

Liam gave me an annoyed look.

"Reese is a nice girl. She doesn't deserve people messing with her head. If this is a game to you, cut her loose."

"It's not a game, and stay out of my relationship. Meddle in someone else's relationship. Or better yet, get one of your own." Liam walked away.

Let me tell you how this works with Liam. He meets a girl, dates her for a few months, then dumps her. If he knows someone likes the girl, he competes against the other person. I should contact big brother to knock some sense into his stupid ass.

********
Valentine

Kadia dragged me to the bakery because she wanted sweets. We walked to the counter as Liam came out from the back.

"Hey, Liam."

"Hey."

Kadia elbowed me and gave me a look.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I'm sorry about what happened at the house."

Liam looked at me.

"You were right."

"It's not about being right. It's about fairness."

"Yeah."

"Look, Val. Rafe is your brother, but I like Reese. She's different from the girls that I dated."

"I get that."

"Could you talk to Romeo?"

"What does Romeo have to do with you and Reese?"

"He's trying to meddle."

I shook my head. I love my brothers, but they don't use their heads. Romeo had a habit of sticking his nose in where it didn't belong.

"In what way?" I asked.

"Romeo is trying to convince me to stop dating Reese."

I looked at Liam with my hands on my hips.

"I don't need more issues than I have."

I rubbed my forehead. "Okay, I'll talk to Romeo, then to Rafe."

"That's all I ask."

I nodded. Kadia ordered her treats while I ordered a coffee. We headed to the house. It was time to have a chat with my brothers. We entered the place to find Marty and Rafe hanging out in the living room.

"Where's Romeo?" I asked my brothers.

Before Rafe and Romeo answered, Pat came downstairs, and Romeo entered the house. I snapped my fingers at Romeo and pointed at a living room chair. He rolled his eyes and plopped down in the chair. Pat walked over to me.

"We need to have a chat about Reese," I said.

Rafe leaned forward as Romeo glanced at me.

"Liam and Reese are dating. Whatever happens between them is between them. You don't have to like it, but you need to accept it. Giving the cold shoulder to Liam isn't an answer," I glanced at Rafe, "and neither is showing up at the bakery." I shot Romeo a look.

Romeo stood and faced me. "I was trying to help Rafe and Reese. You know how Liam is with girls."

"It doesn't matter because it's none of our business. The problem is everyone wants to stick their noses in other people's business when it doesn't concern them," I told Romeo.

"Romeo, did you forget how Sloane treated you?" Pat asked.

"No, I didn't forget because no one will let me," Romeo said.

"It's not that we want to remind you, but that's how it feels when you meddle in other people's lives," Marty said.

We looked at Marty with brows raised.

Rafe stood and walked towards Romeo. "I appreciate that you're trying to help me, but I don't need the help. I met someone suited for me."

"It's hard not to help people, especially my brothers. You guys mean everything to me." Romeo shrugged.

"Then focus on you and let us worry about ourselves," I said.

Romeo nodded. As the oldest, it is hard watching your brothers struggle. Romeo has a good heart, but he has misguided intentions. But an incident would show us that Romeo needed his brothers while someone else needed Romeo. It would become a catalyst for this year of chaos.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 6.1K 60
Growing up next to the Harper boys, Tori Williams learned to hold her own with them. Her brother Gabe is best friends with the boys and Tori deals wi...
11K 1.4K 32
Mary Fuller has always had a crush on her older brother, Hank's best friend, Beau Shaw. Beau Shaw has been on and off with his high school girlfriend...
58.1K 3.9K 62
Raphael Harper keeps himself guarded with his sarcastic nature. He differs from his brothers in so many ways. His luck with women hasn't been stellar...
9K 1.4K 46
Shepherd Shaw has worked his fingers to the bone to earn Maury Fisher's forgiveness. After Shep came to terms with his sexuality, he's settled into a...