Curse Of A Witch (Book 1)

Від Jack_1_Frost

Jack had almost hurt, or even killed, his friends by accidentally tripping over a curb and creating a massive... Більше

Ch. 1 It Was An Accident, I Swear!!
Ch.2 I Didn't Mean To Do It!
Ch.3 The Witch
Ch.4 Rescue
Ch.5 I'm Gen Lockwood
Author's Note heh...
Ch.6 New Home?
Ch. 7 Oh my
Ch.8 Forgiveness
Ch. 9 Tragic Memory
Ch. 10 Adventure
Ch. 11 Family Tree
Ch. 12 Sentiment
Ch. 13 Peace
Ch. 14 Setting In
Ch. 15 Return
Ch. 16 Take Care
Ch. 17 Meeting
Ch. 18 Trust
Ch. 19 Baby Steps
Ch. 20 Protection
Ch. 21 Baby Tooth
Ch. 22 Stop Baby Tooth!
Ch. 23 Relief
Ch. 25 Maybes amd What if's
Ch. 26 "Ms. Lockwood"??
Ch. 27 Mornin!
Ch. 28 McDonald's
Ch. 29 Pitch
Ch. 30 What Is Going On?
Ch. 31 Nightmare?
Ch. 32 Are You Worried?
Ch. 33 Near
Ch. 34 The Witch
Ch. 35 Jack Frost
Ch. 36 Happy
Ch. 37 Stay
Ch. 38 Scared
Ch. 39 Space
Ch. 40 Checking In
Ch. 41 Fear
Ch. 42 Wounds
A/N
Ch. 43 Some Rest
Ch. 44 A Plan For Justice
Ch. 45 A Minor Detail
Ch. 46 Trial
Ch. 47 Finally Over
Ch. 48 Different
Ch. 49 His Guardian
Ch. 50 Growing
Ch. 51 Change (End)
A/N Must Read
A/N Last/Book 2 News

Ch. 24 How Bad Is It?

160 10 19
Від Jack_1_Frost

*WARNING: Slight graphic mention of harm and throwing up!! *

*No One's P.O.V.*

It had been about an hour and a half after Jack fell asleep, and Bunny had convinced Tooth to go home. He knew she needed to get work done since she had spared some workers to come watch over Jack.

Said workers were all quietyly hovering around the sleeping boy curiously as they'd never seen him sleep before. Baby Tooth had seen him sleep once as a spirit and may or may not have bragged about it to them.

The fairies all loved and adored him, they also obviously had crushes on him as well. One of them even fainted upon meeting him for the first time once. Bunny chuckled at the fairies as they all quietly fawned over his innocent sleeping face.

"Alright girlies, give him some space," Bunny motioned for them to leave the boy be and they begrudgingly did as they were told. About 30 minutes later, 2 hours after Jack had fallen asleep, Baby Tooth woke from her nap.

She sleepily looked up at her friend and noticed the slight furrowing of his brow. She rested a hand on his cheek, stroking it comfortingly as best as her tiny hand could. She looked to Bunny as he was hearding the fairies to a tunnel. "Go ahead and go home, we'll be okay." He told them and they squeaked in protest but obeyed.

Baby Tooth knows one of them had to have tried something with Jack for Bunny to be sending them home, which was correct. While Bunny wasn't looking, 3 of them were trying to open his mouth and 2 were playing with his hair.

After the fairies left, Baby Tooth let out a soft squeak to let Bunny know she was awake. He nodded at her, going to clean up the mess from dinner and do the dishes for Gen. He wasn't sure how to operate a dish washer, but he knew how to clean dishes by hand so thats what he did.

While Bunny cleaned up, Jack's brows furrowed even more and his face contorted into a horrified expression. Baby Tooth took notice of this and her worry for him errupted. His hands twitched, his legs jerked, and he let out strained cries.

Baby Tooth had begun squeaking for Bunny's attention which was immediately successful and he darted over. "Mate? Mate!" He gently shook the boys shoulder as Baby Tooth squeaked, begging for him to wake.

Jack had tears running down his face at this point, crying out to "please stop! I don't want to do this!" So Bunny shook him a bit harder, extreme worry written on his face. How was Pitch doing this to him? Is he somehow doing it remotely?

"Jack! Wake UP!" Bunny gave one last shake and Jack's eyes shot open. His breathing was labored and ragged, his eyes wild as they darted around the room. Baby Tooth had gotten up on the couch from Jack's shoulder so she wouldn't get hurt by his struggling.

Jack's eyes met Bunny's again and his face turned a bit green. "Mate-" before the Pooka could even ask, Jack's hand flew to his mouth and he darted to the downstairs bathroom. He released the contents of his stomach painfully. The yeti's looked down at their feet, feeling bad for the boy.

Bunny's ears flattened as he made his way to the bathroom as well. The sight broke his heart. His little brother was sobbing as his stomach emptied itself. The Pooka squatted next to him and rubbed soothing circles on his back.

After a few rounds, Jack had finished throwing up. He couldn't stop himself from sobbing though, the nightmare still plagued him and his throat burned so badly. Bunny got him some water and items to clean his mouth and Jack shakily took them.

He absolutely refused to look directly at Bunny right now, for multiple reasons, but he was grateful for his help. After cleaning his mouth and flushing the toilet, Bunny held him close while still rubbing his back.

"What heppened, mate?" Bunny asked softly. He knew Jack wouldn't want to tell him about the dream, but he needed to know so that he could help Jack better. The boy shook his head, still sobbing as he wrapped his arms around Bunny very tightly.

Normally he'd push everyone away and want space but he wanted someone to hold him like Bunny was right now. He's still a child after all. Bunny nudged the side of Jack's head with his snout, much like comforting a Pooka kit.

"Mate, tell me, please." At this, Jack seemed to sob harder. "I-I was f-forced t-" he hiccuped as he hesitated. "T-to hurt ev-veryone- and Cut y-you all open-" he stopped, shaking his head frantically as he gripped onto the furry being tighter.

Bunny rubbed his back more, "Okay- thats enough, mate its okay.." Bunny didn't want to hear more. Now he had an idea of just how bad these nightmares are. This was getting serious.

Bunny sat with Jack, trying to figure out what to do. "Do you want to call Gen? Maybe she could talk for a minute?" Bunny asked quietly. He'd noticed how close Jack and Gen had become, Gen almost seemed like a mom or maybe an older sister to Jack in a way.

Jack didn't respond to Bunny's question but his sobs were starting to quiet down a little. "Doc," Bunny called for the yeti, who quickly came over. "Can you and the other yeti's relax in the spare room over there?" He asked politely.

The yeti nodded, understanding that Bunny was going to bring Jack back over to the fire for warmth since the heating was still broken, and that he wanted to give Jack a bit of privacy.

The yeti's did as they were asked and Bunny brought Jack back to his spot by the fireplace. Now, Jack had released his tight grip on the Pooka and had stopped crying, he wasn't very responsive either.

Bunny wrapped a blanket over his shoulders, "Baby Tooth?" Bunny asked the boy who nodded slightly. He didn't want to let Baby Tooth go again, he was still worried. Bunny handed her over, setting her on Jacks shoulder as the boy stared into the fire.

At her worried squeak he lifted his arm to gently stroke her feathery head, letting her know he was there. Bunny silently went over to the notepad and dialed Gen's number on the phone. He waited as it rang.

"Hello?" The woman called over the phone, she sounded a tad worried. "Oi, its me." Bunny informed. "Bunny? Is everything okay?" She asked, knowing the likely reason behind the call. "He had a bad one.. threw up." He summed up for her.

She gasped slightly but then sighed. "Do you need me to come home?" She asked worriedly, Bunny shook his head. "No, but you know how to handle this better than I do," he sighed. "I got him to tell me what happened and.. its bad, Gen. I need to alert rhe other Guardians but I don't want to leave him." He replied.

"Where is he now?" She asked. "I put him back by the fire with Baby Tooth, he's not really responding to my questions but he's aware of things." He informed. Gen nodded, "Okay, can you hand the phone to him?" Her response was a "yeah" as Bunny squatted next to the boy again.

"Gen wants to say hi," he gave a smile as Jack hesitantly took the phone. "Hi," came his hoarse voice. "Hey, Sweet Pea, you okay?" She asked sweetly. "I'm fine." He responded with a slight wince as his throat still burned.

"Okay, well would you be okay with maybe coming to the hospital?" At this, Jack furrowed his brows. Why would he need to go there? "Why?" He asked, glancing over at Bunny. The Pooka gave him a small nod.

"Bunny has to meet up with the other Guardians and he's worried about you. So am I, I don't wanna leave you there just with the yeti's." Jack was a bit irritated with Bunny for having to leave and quickly looked back at him.

"I'm sorry mate, I don't want to either but I have to." Bunny apologized. Jack sighed, "I don't have a way to get there, and Bunny or the yeti's-" he coughed slightly, "cant take me. It'll draw attention." He replied, slightly upset.

"I can maybe send a medical transport to pick you up. But I want you to be here, you can even have your own little room to stay in and help yourself to the staff cafeteria! We have icecream and cake in there if you want some," she coaxed.

Jack thought about it and sighed, " 'kay. Baby Tooth is coming too." He demanded, "okay! I'll send the transport out soon, pack an overnight bag Sweet Pea. I'll see you in a bit." Jack hummed in response and slowly stood,hanging up the phone.

"Hey," Bunny grabbed the boy's attention. "Its gonna be okay, promise." Jack nodded at him, making his way up the stairs and pulling a backpack out of the cupboard. Baby Tooth squeaked.

"I'm fine Baby Tooth." Jack told, but Baby Tooth wasn't buying it so she squeaked again. "Yes I am." He deadpanned as he packed clothes and a pair of slippers into his bag. She squeaked again.

"I don't want to talk about it." He zipped up his bag and put on some shoes. "Now, when the transport gets here, stay in my hood unless the cost is clear." He instructed. Baby Tooth huffed but nodded, deciding not to push her friend further.

He made his way down the stairs, the yeti's had already gone back to the pole. "Got everything?" Bunny asked, Jack nodded. "Good, I'm sorry mate." Bunny apologized again, making Jack give him an odd look.

"What?" The Pooka asked. "You never apologize to me." The boy shrugged, "its weird." At this, Bunny chuckled a bit. "Well sometimes things change," Bunny said as he ruffled Jack's messy hair.

There was a swift beep of a horn from outside as the Transport vehicle parked outside. "Well.." Bunny wasn't sure what to say. "See you later." Jack gave a small wave as he put his hoodie up, Baby Tooth crawling inside.

He made his way out the door and into the transport. Bunny watched as it took off towards the hospital with a sigh. "I'm gonna kill you Pitch." Bunny growled as he put the fire out, and turn off the lights before leaving.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

377 31 15
This is Book 2, following Curse of a Witch! The title of this book may change if a better title crosses my path. After Jack's trial in becoming hum...
4.7K 55 10
astrea borealis. or y/n l/n. whatever her name is, she was out there, probably riding her dragon. she heightened imaginations in children. she would...
253K 6.2K 84
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost, The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the...
20 0 14
Christmas isn't the same for you as it was when you were a child. Not as magical, very anticlimactic. You long to get back the Christmas magic you ha...