Broken Pieces - Finding Way T...

By Hritu04

Well think of a husband and wife who have everything. Family, daughter, job, money and house. But Naina and A... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
You gotta read this!
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
Author's Note
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
102
103
104
105
106
Author's Note
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
Author's Note

101

476 30 0
By Hritu04

Unable to sleep, I decided to write down this short chapter for you guys!
Hope you all will like it..... :)

At the front doorstep of the Green valley resort, Naina and Aditya stood along with Rajesh and Rahul. With the door being opened, all the family members stood for welcoming her with teary eyes which held worry for her. They spoke too much and too loud and all the voice went silent for her as she met Aditya's gaze and they both were transfixed back to previous night at the farm house where they were locked by Rajesh to sort out everything between them.

Naina sat on the bed staring at the floor while Aditya stood at a few feet away from her looking at her. Neither of them knew from where to start. As Aditya took one step ahead, he heard her.

"Before you ask me why I left you and everyone, I want you to remember something.

'What would you do, if she were to be alive?'

Remember? I had asked you this question and do you remember what was your answer?

'I would have apologized and do everything to be with you'
"

"Naina, I -"

"Did you not mean them Aditya?"

"I-I did. I really did, Naina. But-"

"But what Aditya? Tell me what? That you decided to keep it hidden from me from so many months?"

"Not just days. Not just weeks or even a month, but more than three months!

In these three, you couldn't have find even a single day to tell me?"

Naina raised her head to see him standing with the guilt of hurting her again and again by hiding the truth.

"Any relationship is based on trust and respect more than love.

How could you not trust me?

How could you not respect me enough to tell the truth?

How?"

Aditya slumped down in front of her.

"I-I tried to tell you many a times..... But I couldn't.

Not because I don't trust you.

Not because I don't respect you enough.

Because I do.

More than anything and anyone.

But..... I-I the way I found...... It took me almost a month to accept the truth.

And she was in a state that I could neither talk to her or leave her.

But even then I tried telling you Naina. It wasn't like I wanted to keep everything to myself and each and every single minute I was regretting that I just couldn't tell you.

I know. I know that you would be with me no matter what and support me too but I just couldn't tell you Naina.

The every moment when I couldn't tell you, I felt like my heart was pierced.

And I feared that if I would tell you, you would once again choose to sacrifice your happiness and everything that you deserve.

I knew, you would think about Komal more than yourself.

I didn't wanted that.

I didn't wanted you to know until...

Not until she recovered to be talked everything.

Not until she was stable to take in everything.

I know, I have wronged her.

And I am truly sorry for everything I did.

And also to you.

But that didn't mean you would leave me? Nia? And everyone else? Your family, Naina?

You just left like that?

What did you think while doing that?

You must have thought that I will be with her if you leave and Komal and I will be happy?

No, Naina!

My happiness lies in you.

Being with you.

Nia's mother is you even though she is the one who gave birth.

You didn't come in between I and Komal to begin with.

I brought her in between us!

I was late to understand everything.

Too late that I lost you the last time.

But now? I can't lose you again Naina.

Please, Naina.... I can't live without you.

Just don't leave me?

Please...."

Wiping the tears, Naina looked at Aditya who was now hugging her legs and placed his head on her laps.

"Adi.... you want us to get back together?"

"Yes"

"I will go back with you but whatever happened between us.... To actually get back together? I can only if you are forgiven by her."

"I will..... I have been waiting for her to be in stable condition for months now, Naina"

Just when he was about to speak again, he heard his mobile ringing. Shoving it out, he saw Karan's name flashing on it. As Naina too saw the name, her eyes lit up in expectations of Arthi waking up but then she also dreaded inside of 'what if' she couldn't make it?

Aditya didn't wait any more second and picked up the call.

"Adi? Is Naina there with you?"

"Yes, she's here"

"Put on the speaker!"

Aditya did as he was said.

"Arthi woke up!"

"What? Really? When?"

"Naina, just a while ago..... Now she's resting.

We will be leaving for home very soon...."

"We can't wait to see you both...."

"... We will be going to Dhirani first to meet maa and then maybe you both can come to Dhirani.... This time, it will be for celebrations of togetherness"

Both Naina and Aditya remained silent.

"Y-yes..."

Aditya replied breaking the silence and then Karan hung up the call saying that he would call them soon again so they can talk with Arthi.

Shoving the mobile back in his pocket, he raised his head to see Naina's teary eyes with dazzling smile. But then, it was for Arthi's recovery. He knew they had not sorted out anything yet. Just like the smile appeared, it faded too.

"The first thing you are going to do is apologise Komal di and then we will see what can be done about us...."

"Does that mean you are going with me? To home?"

Naina just gave him the cold stare and he simply stood up and called Rajesh to unlach the door so that they can have for the resort where everyone were waiting.

At the time of departure, Aditya was irritated by the fact that they were traveling in Rahul's car and Rahul was going to be beside Naina while he had to sit in the passenger's seat while Rajesh drove the car.

But then, all that mattered to him was Naina was going back with him and everything would be sorted out soon and they would be again like before.....

At the doorstep as everyone gathered near Naina, Archana was the one to hug her tightly and started questioning about how could she even think of leaving them.

"I am sorry mom"

"How could you not tell me anything? Why did you hide it? Why did you have to go through everything all by yourself?"

"Archana, let her get inside first..... Now that she has returned, let her rest for a while. After all, they have traveled"

Just then, Nia came running to make and hugged her legs and Naina hugged her back. While at the same time, Komal stepped down the stairs to see Naina and Aditya together at the doorstep.

Her eyes welled up with tears but then, she didn't know why she was angry.

"Di...."

Naina was astonished to see her standing in front of her. The last time she had seen Komal, she was battling for her life in that ICU with all the pipes connected to her body.

Komal Just walked away, averting her gaze quickly with not being able to talk to Naina. Naina tried to go behind her but was stopped by Archana.

"Naina, go and freshen up first. You seem tired..... And I will bring food to your room. After that you can talk to her"

Archana did feel worry about both of them. No one was at fault here..... It was only a miracle that Komal was alive and none of them had even imagined something like to happen. She definitely didn't wanted to be rude to Komal but she also wanted Komal to accept the fact that she was no longer Aditya's wife. Nia's mother, yes. That was something she would always be and her daughter like.

Naina was her son's wife and Nia's mother and her daughter too. It was years later that everything was settling down into their family until this day.

Aditya and Naina walked to their room while Rahul and Rajesh were taken to one of the rooms which were not occupied.

Inside the room, Aditya tried to talk to his wife but she ignored him as if he wasn't there. Naina walked inside the bathroom and got freshened up and changed into fresh clothes while at the moment she was ready, Narayani walked inside their room with the food served on the tray and Aditya had just entered into the bathroom to get freshen up.

Naina ate the food before Aditya could even step out of the bathroom and made her way downstairs along with Narayani. The only thing she wanted to do was to talk with Komal and went in search of her and she found her outside in the lawn seated on the bench all by herself.

Nearing, Naina called out her name to which Komal only stilled in her seat.

"Komal Di?"

Naina went and sat beside her.

Both in silence.

And both found it so difficult to initiate the talk.

But then, Komal's whispered question broke the silence.

"Since when did it all began? You and him?"

_________

Dated - 13 July 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

874K 36.8K 48
Some love stories have unexpected beginnings. Some love stories have unexpected endings. A life changing episode changes the life of Rohan and Anjali...
268K 14.1K 36
This is a Story of Her hate and his love. It's a war between hate and love... Saad loved only and only Rimsha but Rimsha loved only and only Maaz...
616K 24.6K 82
#1 in wattpadindia- 18|06|21 Mia was there to just attend the wedding of her cousin sister Sophia.This was a destination wedding on beaches of Goa sh...
33.6K 4.1K 42
What will happen when a person who is already wounded got new wounds that too from the person whom he or she loves the most? Will that person be able...