Dick Grayson one shots

By McBrube

One shots about Dick Grayson and the members of the Batfam. Updated weekly :) More

Missing you P1
Missing you P2
Dare...
Dare... P2
2nd chance
Migrane
Mother Hen
Sick
Just an expression...
Fistfight
Remember me P1
Remember me P2
Remember me P3
Covid
Poisonous
Poisonous P2
Sacrifice
Sacrifice P2
Fire
Fire P2
Fire P3
A red bird's tears
I'm here
Sunburn
Allergies
Even stone can crumble
This wasn't the plan
Rescued
Overworked
Shots
Charity case
Charity case P2
Charity case P3
Charity case P4
Too late
Everyone has fears...
Wisdom teeth
Gift
174
In the wake of a tragedy
Much protek
Blank
Not your fault
I think I'm broken
Cartwheels
Soulmates
Just a spoonful of sugar
After the honeymoon phase
The last flying Grayson
Epipens = liquid Jesus
To be a hero
Falling
I know I can't do this on my own
Happy Birthday
Changed
Jason?
A tale of knights and dragons
Paper cut
Snow
A meaningful gift
Tiredness
Stars
Mini golf
Mini golf P2
Bro fluff
Stitches
They call me lucky
They call me lucky P2
Secrets hurt
Secrets hurt P2
Assassin for hire
Best friend
Best friend P2
The blessing and curse of being a talon
Try to move on
Flustered
Play hero
Nightmares
Little Bird
The world is taller than Dick Grayson
We love you Jason
Flowers
Birthdays
Don't be angry
You
Puppet without strings
Change my heart
It's the little things
Only human
Only human P2
Only a child
Bat blanket
Fixed
I feel like I got hit by a car...
Frosty
Frosty P2
Souvenir
He's the favorite
I borrowed this
I borrowed this P2
Living nightmare
We were right
We were wrong
Little hero
Words hurt
The cold never bothered me anyway
The cold never bothered me anyway P2
Gummies
Don't leave me alone please
I hate spiders
The ballet
Masks
Masks P2
Accidental breaking and entering
Batman but a Hallmark movie
Hang on
Sleep walking
Exchange
Exchange P2
You're gone
If it was me instead of you
If it was me instead of you P2
Powerless
Powerless P2
Proof Richard Grayson is a Disney princess
I just want to be normal
Threats
Threats P2
Cave-in
Frozen
I feel yuckie
Cuddles
College
Golden boy
Golden boy P2
Emotional support plant
Emotional support plant P2
Luck
Losing you
Dino nuggies and chocy milk

Anniversary

6.1K 94 23
By McBrube

TW: character death

Dick climbed into Jason's most recent base of operations. He crouched in the rafters for a moment, his Nightwing suit blending in with the shadows. He was absolutely furious with the younger.

Jason was usually unreliable when it came to showing up, but he never missed meeting up with Dick on April 27.

It was a tradition that Dick had started the year after Jason had come back. The two would meet on the top of an abandoned warehouse in downtown Blüdhaven and spend the entire day together. Dick did it so Jason wouldn't have to be alone to remember the horrific way he'd been killed years ago on that very day.

Jason had been there waiting every year when Dick showed up at the building, but this year he hadn't shown. Dick had waited, watching as the hours ticked by and the sun first rose in the sky before starting to fall again.

Dick had waited on the rooftop for hours, hoping that Jason would show up, but he hadn't. This made Dick justifiably angry, so he'd stormed over to Jason's safe house to give him a piece of his mind. Only to find that empty too.

A frown of concern found its way onto Dick's face when he saw that Jason's signature red helmet and leather jacket were gone.

Dick walked over to the wall and pressed a cleverly concealed button which revealed a large computer screen.

"Jackpot." Dick said aloud as he hacked into the mainframe, looking for the signal from Red Hood's helmet or the feed from Jason's domino mask that he wore underneath.

The text 'helmet not found' flashed across the screen of the computer and Dick grit his teeth, shifting all of his focus onto trying to find feed from Jason's domino mask.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, an image flickered to life on the screen.

The view seemed to be the inside of some sort of puppet making factory. The view drifted down to the floor for a moment, showing blood-stained concrete. The view was suddenly pulled up sharply, and to the side. Standing directly in front of the camera was the Joker. His grotesque grin showed his crooked yellow teeth, and there were splatters of blood on his face and hands. He reached one hand towards the camera and suddenly the screen went blank, showing nothing but static.

Dick backed up from the computer, breath coming in short panicked gasps. Jason was back with the Joker, on the anniversary of his death no less... Dick shuffled through his mind, trying to think of a place that would have a bunch of creepy puppets hanging around like that.

"I've got it." Dick said, snapping his fingers. He wasted no time calling Bruce to tell him where he was going, instead leaving and racing to the spot he'd parked his motorcycle.

Dick raced to the abandoned building that used to house a company called 'the puppet factory'. The building was in downtown Gotham, and Dick sped there as fast as he could. Hoping with all his heart he wasn't already too late.

When Dick arrived he carelessly tossed his motorcycle to the side, running to the nearest entrance, which happened to be a window.

Dick let out a quiet sigh of relief when he saw that Jason was still alive, and was in fact in the building at all. He slowly crept along the rafters until he was standing directly above Jason and the Joker. He took a rope from his utility belt and tied it snugly onto the beam he was balancing on.

Before climbing down to a safer jumping height, Dick looked down. There was Jason. He looked badly beaten, and his head was dropping forward. Joker stood before him, holding a long sword that glinted wickedly in the light.

Dick's eyes widened and he scuttled down the rope as fast as he could, but Joker swung before Dick could jump on him.

The decision of what to do was made in Dick's mind only a fraction of a second after the sword was raised. He was not going to let Jason die again.

Dick dropped from his rope and landed in front of Jason with his back towards the Joker. He wrapped his arms around his younger brother and braced himself as he felt the Joker's blade slicing through the skin and muscle on his back.

"No!" Jason screamed into his duck tape gag as Dick's body fell to the floor.

Dick cried out and whimpered as a puddle of red blood formed around and under him.

The Joker just stood there, shocked. He held the large blood-covered sword in his right hand for a moment, looking back and forth between the deep gash on Dick's back and the blade covered with the vigilante's blood.

Joker's shock only lasted a few seconds before he let out a giddy giggle.

"Pretty bird came to play?" Joker cooed as he ran one of his bony fingers down the gushing slash in Dick's back.

Dick whimpered in pain, making Joker's smile broaden. He put a boot-covered foot on Dick's back and pressed it down, enjoying the sound of Dick's screams of pain.

Jason struggled against his bonds, trying to get free and save his brother. Tears spilled from his eyes as he listened to Dick's increasingly labored breathing.

Dick let out a groan of pain that he would have usually tried to keep in. Noises that expressed pain usually only enticed the Joker to keep going with his torture, but this time that worked to his advantage. If Joker was focused on him he wouldn't be harming Jason.

"You know pretty bird, your song sounds an awful lot like that of a little bird I met a few years ago. I killed the little bird, but I've heard rumor that he came back." Joker paused, ramming the steel toe of one boot viciously into Dick's side. The sick man's lip quirked up into a smile when he heard the soft cry of pain that Dick let out. "I hate leaving a job half done, so I've been trying to find the little rat and finish the job. I did think it could be your little red-helmeted friend, but as I recall, the little birdie had such a good singing voice." Joker paused again to slam his boot into Dick's side.

Jason tugged violently against his restraints, the duck tape that covered his mouth muffled his desperate screams and curses at the Joker. Jason tried to get Joker's attention, to keep him away from his brother's body that had gone still on the ground, but the Joker was focused solely on the oldest of the bat children.

"How long have you been Nightwing little birdie?" Joker asked Dick. "I haven't really been paying attention to all you little crime-fighting goodie goodies. Were you Nightwing before I killed that other bird boy? Or could you be the one I've been waiting to kill?" Joker took a step back from Dick's body and gave it another kick. When there was no response his brow furrowed and he kicked again. He continued kicking, frustrated when Dick remained motionless on the ground.

Jason stopped struggling and let his body lay limply on the chair he was tied to as he sobbed, his whole body shaking.

An evil smile twitched back on to Joker's face when he felt for Dick's pulse.

"Batman just doesn't make you kids like he used to." He muttered as he grabbed one of Dick's arms and dragged him out of the room. He returned a moment later and knelt down in front of Jason.

"Your little buddy Nightwing asked me to give you something. Straight from his heart to yours." Joker said with a cackle as he tore away a piece of Jason's shirt and lifted a hand coated in glistening blood. He pressed two fingers against Jason's chest and wiped a smear of Dick's blood directly over his brother's heart. (Comment if you know what book this is from.)

Jason looked down in horror at Dick's crimson blood that now stained his skin. It seemed to burn like acid and his breathing started coming in irregular gasps.

The Joker cackled. "I was going to kill you, but I don't seem to have enough time right now, so ta ta." Joker said before walking out of the door and driving away.

Jason hung his head and sobbed. When he finally ran out of tears he felt numb. The ache in his heart eclipsed his physical pain. He barely reacted when a hand was laid on his shoulder.

Bruce stood over Jason, gently picking the locks on his restraints and peeling the tape off of his mouth.

"Hood, where's Nightwing?" Bruce asked gently.

"He... he's gone. Joker killed him." Jason said, voice barely a whisper.

Bruce stumbled back. "But he... his emergency tracker..." He said, tears welling in his eyes.

"He must have pressed it before... before he died." Jason said.

Bruce looked down as if he had just noticed the blood coating the floor around him. "Is this... his?" He asked, feeling as if he was choking.

Jason nodded. He stood up and hugged Bruce. The red mark on his chest burned and he rubbed at it, trying to get it off. The mark wouldn't come off, so Jason gave up on rubbing at it and instead started walking towards the exit of the building. He took a step before stumbling and falling to his knees. His body was suddenly flooded with pain.

"What's wrong?" Bruce asked, trying not to panic.

"Ugh... forgot I w-was tortured a bit." Jason grimaced as Bruce slung his arm over his shoulder.

Bruce tried to hold it together during the drive back to the Batcave. He eventually had to put the car on autopilot because his tears blurred his view of the road. He blamed himself. This was the second time he'd been too late. Too late to save one of his sons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 5.2K 40
This is just a place to put all of my ideas that I need to get out of my head. Mostly the bat boys (if you want the bat girls than you can tell me in...
5.8K 348 13
𝗟𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗯𝗮𝘁𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻. 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗙𝗲𝗺 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗕𝗿𝘂𝗰𝗲 𝗪𝗮𝘆𝗻�...
16.6K 277 9
Just a few oneshots about your favourite boy wonder. I don't do smuts and I don't do angst, just fluff pieces and stories. There may be a little angs...
9.7K 198 72
Some DC Imagines from my Tumblr. I do take requests but they may take some time. I don't own any dc characters. Obviously, I don't own you. batfam...