Soulmates.

By KikolovesMingi

"What's so funny?" His brother asked. "Nothing, I just had the craziest dream last night," San replied. "Oh... More

My abo universe
Backstory Pt. 1
Backstory pt. 2
Backstory Pt. 3
Backstory Pt. 4
Backstory Pt. 5
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Author's Notes

Chapter 40

1.1K 80 34
By KikolovesMingi

When Ian woke up from his nap, the sun had just peeked from the horizon. He figured he had to make his move now, or it'd be too late. His stomach growled for food but he chose to ignore it and continue his mission.

He was a little too late however, because the soldiers were already up and in their positions while Kang Cheol talked to them.

"Today we ride for the Kang kingdom. Victory is within our reach and with this power by our side, we have nothing to fear," he shouted holding up a blue syringe.
"But you must remember, this only lasts an average of 5 days, so use it wisely."

The army unanimously chanted their pledge to die for the King and when they finished, Kang Cheol threw his hands in the air.

"Let us commence!"

With that, everybody was howling and shouting, marching towards the exit of the castle. Their leaders mounted their horses and they began their three day journey to the Kang kingdom.

Fuck!

When Jongho reached the palace, it was late. He sneaked inside and headed straight for his room but was stopped by his mother at the foot of the staircase.

"Well what do you know. Little alpha knows his way home after all," Jiwoo commented sipping her tea.

It was completely dark but he could hear her voice coming from the family room. He squinted and was able to identify her silhouette.

"Goodnight mother," he said sheepishly.
She looked at the clock. "You mean good morning?" Her face was filled with relief but her tone was the exact opposite.

"How many times have I told you to let us know before you leave. I was worried you know," she scolded.
"I'm fine mother. I just went to see Yeosang."
"Until now? Doing what I wonder?"

Her son blushed at that and even amidst the dark she could see it.
"You're hopeless. Just be careful."
She pat his head and walked past him to her room, joining her mate in bed.

Jongho laid in his bed thinking about everything that happened throughout the day- or rather, the day before. He hid his face in his pillow again and kicked his feet against the bed. He had been so bold today and he didn't know where it came from. Yeosang too. But he liked it, so he couldn't complain.

Though he's had a few flings, none of them has ever felt even remotely close to this. His stomach did somersaults whenever he was around the omega and he found it hard to think straight when he looked into his eyes. Yeosang could ask him for anything and he would simply have to do it. He fell into a deep sleep as he dreamed of the omega.

A few yards away on the opposite side of the hallway, lay a restless beta. His mind had been wandering all day not giving him any time to rest. He was scared; Jongho and Yeosang were going to be hurt and there was nothing he could do to change it. That's why his visions had felt so real.
As he thought, he started to realize something. Every time he witnessed a vision from the set of visions come to life, he had a new one.

Except for the first time, everytime I saw the vision come true, I saw a new one. ...one that I could potentially change!

He sat up.

But I have no idea who that boy is...or the woman who shot him.
He thought back to the vision prying for details.

His hand was fisted before he got shot and when he fell, he placed it behind his back. Why? ...unless he was hiding something? But there was nothing in his hand...

After continuously racking his brain, San gave up feeling a little defeated. He comforted himself with the idea that even if he did figure it out, it'd probably be of no use since he didn't know the boy anyways.

He laid back down in an attempt to sleep but his mind only filled with the same set of visions.
Hongjoong was right. He wasn't supposed to see those visions.

Jasmine spent the whole morning looking for the boy. After walking further, she found his scent again only for a few short miles before it came to a halt. She was curious as to how the beta managed to hide his scent completely. When noon came around and she had lost his scent again, she knew this was going to take more than 5 days.

She vanished back to the Baek kingdom to report to the King. As she headed to the King's quarters, she realized that the place seemed to be a lot more quiet. It was noon however, so maybe they were just taking a break.

The King was in his seat when Jasmine entered. He perked up a little surprised to see her.
"Did you find him?" He anticipated.
"No sir. I just wanted to update you. It seems he's not only running away but he's also hiding. He doesn't want to be found," she explained. The King became angry.

"Of course he doesn't want to be found. That's why he's hiding you idiot. I didn't ask for a stupid report. I asked you to find him!"

Jasmine hid a scowl behind a fake smile and bowed before vanishing.
Ugh. Men.

Yeosang decided to practice closer to where he was yesterday in hopes to see the boy again, and thankfully, he was in luck. Because when he arrived at the area, he found the boy struggling to reach an apple from the tree. The omega ran to where he was standing and offered his help.

"You have to hit the tree."

Seong was startled and immediately moved back when he saw Yeosang. Yeosang cracked a smile and kicked the tree as hard as he could and sure enough, a generous amount of red apples hit the floor. Seong picked up a few of them and began making his way back to his cave.

"Wait! What's your name?" Yeosang asked confused as to why the boy was heading deeper into the forest.

Seong observed him curiously trying to decide if he should trust him or not. He reminded himself that all humans are the same and that there was nobody he could trust.

"Don't have one," he quickly replied before running the opposite direction, deeper into the woods.

Yunho and Wooyoung sat in the resting area of the courtyard watching Mingi train the soldiers. They completed their practice with Wooyoung, and a few of them who were interested in learning how to use a sword, began training under him. Only a few others wanted to learn how to use a bow and arrow so Mingi and Yeosang would have to alternate.

Yunho stared in complete awe as the alpha swung his sword, his crimson hair swaying with him. He was always at the end of the boys sword, too concentrated on winning to ever notice how Mingi looked while fighting. It made him a little regretful and sad as he started to realize there wasn't that much he knew about the younger. He needed to change that.

"Just jump on him why don't you?" Wooyoung rolled his eyes.
"What..what are you talking about?" The oldest blushed.
"Oh so you heard that," he deadpanned.

"I've been talking to you for the past 10 minutes and you weren't even listening," Wooyoung whined a little hurt.
"I'm sorry. What were you saying?"
"Just forget it. I'll ask Hongjoong Hyung." He stood up and walked away.

Hyung?

He looked up to find Mingi walking towards him and his heart tremored. The alpha had sweat trickling down his face and his shirt was soaked, revealing his broad chest and lithe figure.

Mingi moved his face right in front of the prince's and smiled. Yunho's breath hitched as he stared at him, his fiery scent smelling even stronger than usual. The alpha grabbed the water bottle that was by the prince and stood up to drink it. Yunho watched as his Adam apple bobbed in his throat, another line of sweat dripping down the side of his face.

Yunho felt different. He didn't know why he felt like this. Ever since the talk with his father, a huge weight had been lifted off his chest and all he wanted was to be around Mingi.

Mingi noticed his sudden change as well but he couldn't say he didn't like it. Him and Yunho were always busy, so even though they both lived in the same place, they barely ever saw each other until the day was over, and by then, they were both tired.

"We didn't spar today," Mingi said after finishing the water bottle.
"That's alright. I don't even think I want to do it everyday anymore." Yunho surprised himself when he admitted it out loud.

Mingi was surprised by the prince's response. That used to be the highlight of his day; to beat the strongest alpha in the castle. He wanted to ask why but one of the soldiers called for him that break time was up.

"Ok." He nodded before heading back to the middle of the courtyard.

Wooyoung wandered around in search of his Hyung. He's taken a liking to the small alpha, always hugging him when he saw him and trying to talk to him. The alpha had a mean exterior but Wooyoung knew it was just a front. Hongjoong was strong. If he didn't like him, he'd simply push him away, but he never did.

"Joongie!!" Wooyoung ran towards him when he spotted him leaving the dining area. Hongjoong ran the opposite direction making the younger laugh.

"Why are you running away from me Joong?"
The alpha ignored him and continued his speed walk. Wooyoung climbed one of the small trees and jumped, crash landing directly onto his small body.

"Joongie!!!"
Hongjoong sat up and groaned, rubbing his head.
"Stop calling me that!" He raised his voice a little, surprising the younger boy.
"Why not?" Wooyoung asked.
"Because... only a special person can call me that.." he mumbled but fortunately enough, Wooyoung heard it.

"You have a lover Hyung?" He gasped.
"He's not my lover!"
"Then how come only he can call you Joongie?"
"Because..." Hongjoong thought about it. Why did it bother him when somebody else called him that? He saw Wooyoung waiting on him to answer and he quickly stood up and dusted himself off.

"Just cause," he stated simply enough. Wooyoung got up as well and wiggled his brows at the alpha.

"Cause you like him?"
Hongjoong's face turned red.
"No, he's my friend," the alpha tried to save himself but it was no use, his face had already given him away.

Wooyoung giggled and hugged him but Hongjoong was quick to bite his shoulder. He yelled and let go of the alpha and watched as he walked right passed him.

This Hyung is funny, he thought running back to him.

After sneaking away some food, Ian returned to the meeting spot in hopes to find Jasmine but she wasn't there.

That stupid! How could she forget to check on me? I'm new to this for heaven's sake!
Ugh I just have to figure this out myself.

Ian walked back to the castle and on his way, he found an empty syringe and examined it.

Hmm it only lasts 5 days. Why would somebody take theirs already?
Dumb alphas.

As he was about to place it back on the ground, an idea came to his mind and he gasped.

The King! I can switch it. ...But his is immortality so he probably already took it. Darn.

He was called again as a servant boy for one of the alphas and he quickly hid the item in his pocket and answered.

Jasmine decided to take a break as the sun began to set. It was getting harder to see and she was tired. She had went to check up on Ian earlier in the day but he was nowhere to be found. She figured maybe he was just doing his job and thought to leave him to it. No one would see him anyway so the chances of him getting caught were slim.

She vanished to her room and prepared a hot bath. Once inside, she relaxed and let her thoughts consume her.

It's good that I asked him to let Ian go. Now I just need to find a way to get out of these stupid chains if I don't end up finding him. He's good. But how can he just hide his scent like that? And why does it keep coming and going?

Wait? He's the beta they extracted the serums from so he has an ability. The serums enhance strength so is that his ability? Super strength? Then why would he resort to a dagger? If he's strong enough, a single punch could take them out.

Ugh this makes no sense. I've checked practically every ki- wait! The kingdoms I've checked were the Oh and Park. And the buildings that were destroyed... so it was him who destroyed the first two batches. .so that's why he's hiding. So does the King want him to make more serums? Is that why Ky told me to tell him first?

"Jas? You in there?" Jain asked from behind the door.

She quickly stood up and opened the door, droplets of water staining the ground. Jain blushed at her naked body.

"Is there a way to completely hide your scent?" Jasmine asked her lover.

Jain was the doctor of the crew. With her ability, it made the process easier and she was very knowledgeable about all presentations.

"Uhh..well yes.. but it depends I guess."
Jasmine simply stared at her waiting for her to continue. Jain turned around and threw a towel at her. She sat on the bed while Jasmine covered herself.

"No matter what, everybody has a scent. It's weaker for betas but alphas and a few other presentations like you, with a strong nose can usually smell them too. Because of their weak scent though, it's easier for betas to hide it. Simply covering your scent glands and constantly changing clothes is enough to hide it."

Jasmine thought about it.
So he's just covering his scent glands and changing clothes? That doesn't make sense. The times don't match.

"Why do you ask?"
"But nobodies scent can be hidden completely right?"
"Umm no I don't think so. And I've started to realize that for betas with abilities, your scent becomes stronger when you're using them than when you're not."

Jasmine gasped.
That makes sense. But it still doesn't explain the problem. If nobody can hide their scent completely, how does he?

-K.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 720 56
Yeosang was in a very bad relationship for a long time and he almost didn't get out until Seonghwa, Hongjoong, and Yunho helped him out. Ever since...
10.8K 782 20
Everyone in the world is born with a lock mark and their soulmate has a key mark. But some are born with heart shaped marks. These ones don't have...
26.4K 1.7K 39
Two souls fated to be together but can they overcome every obstacles of their path and be together? "Bub don't worry I will always protect you even...
28.8K 1.3K 41
[Updates Weekly!] Started: 04/06/23 Completed: - " " Prove your words " San whispered, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as his mouth m...