Darkness Descending | Book On...

Da LMMeadows

One night. A split second is all it takes to change someone's life forever. For Scott Aldridge, it was having... Altro

Author's Note
| Prologue |
1 | Sins of the Past
2 | The Devil Within
3 | Salvation
4 | To Build a Home
5 | Before I Go
6 | The Reckoning
7 | A Mother's Love
8 | The Glimpse
9 | Where We Started
10 | Trials of Magic
11 | Remembrance
12 | Lose Your Marbles
13 | Promises
14 | Lost in the Years
15 | Out of the Woods
16 | Straight For the Kill
17 | The Rings
18 | Bitches and Cleats
19 | My Loving Family
20 | She's Like the Wind
21 | Way Down We Go
22 | Let the Flames Begin
23 | So You Say
24 | Times Like This
25 | Lights Down Low
26 | Little Did She Know
27 | Warning Signs
28 | Outsider At the Door
29 | When Sparks Fly
30 | Reminding Me
31 | To Hell With Reason
32 | Let's Get Lost
33 | Caught in the Fire
34 | Hold On Tight
35 | Forget the World
36 | I've Seen It All
37 | Down the Rabbit Hole
38 | Stroke of Midnight
39 | Crystal Eyes
40 | Somebody Else
41 | A Downward Spiral
42 | The Killer
43 | In My Veins
44 | Stand By Me
45 | Bloody Roses
46 | Your Lies
47 | Numb
48 | Silhouettes
49 | At All Costs
50 | Monsters and Men
51 | Paralyzed
52 | Beyond the Brink
53 | In the Mire
54 | No More Heartbreaks
55 | Just the Start
A/N | Sequel!

56 | Fever Dream

29 2 0
Da LMMeadows

Seaside, California 2013

Seana 

I suppose it was my own idiocy that got me to this point. My hands were bound behind me with a chain that no one could break. 

Blaming my uncle for everything had done me no favors. He had this coven so fooled it was laughable. He was not there when they sentenced me to death. He instead came right before they transported me to where I was supposed to die. 

"I want a moment with her," my uncle ordered.

The two guards holding me just chuckled. 

"Orion, you know the elder's orders," one of them rebuffed. 

"If you want to live, then I suggest you let me speak with her alone," my uncle threatened.

Both of them loosened their hold on me and stepped back. I glanced at them, they were cowering before my uncle. Was my uncle that terrifying to them? 

He was nothing but a worthless piece of shit to me. 

My uncle grabbed me with a vice-like grip and pulled me with him until we were near a sitting area. He forced me down in the chair and sat down across from me. 

"Have you come to have one last laugh?" I spat. 

"No, I wanted to speak with you," my uncle admitted. "I wanted you to know I would have given you a quick death, despite you trying to kill my wife. But now I see a slow death is the best punishment of all. "

"Celesta is not your wife," I snickered. "She is her reincarnation who hates you more than I do."

I felt my cheek sting as my uncle backhanded me, nearly causing me to topple off my chair.

"Don't ever say that again," my uncle snarled. "She will come back to me one day." 

I just started laughing hysterically. "Good luck with that."

"I should have never turned you," my uncle remarked. "Who knew you would turn into a deranged lunatic."

"Take a look in the mirror Orion," I snapped, addressing him by his name for the first time in my life. "I was but just a fly compared to the things that you will do."

His blue eyes locked with mine, blackening slowly. I finally denounced him as my family. He was nothing to me now. 

"Like my parents, you drove those werewolves to the house," I murmured and edged closer to his furious face. "You thought of me as nothing but a stupid child. I researched the Mirren pack quite well. Even their origins."

Orion's face went absolutely blank as it dawned on him that I knew his secret. 

"There was an ancestor that all the Mirren pack descended from that still lives," I chuckled. "Their records were so well kept when I killed several of them in 1905. Even from the 1300s, the book was in such good condition." 

"Seana what are you talking about?" he gawked. 

"It mentioned an outsider coming to their pack, a half-blood," I began. "His background was unknown. I did some further digging and found out he sired a son with one of their wolves. There is no mention of him after that."

"Seana you have gone so mad you speak of nothing but nonsense," Orion chortled. 

"You sure?" I insisted. "His surname was Petrescu. But they kept their name of course."

His expression turned dark. "What are you trying to imply? That I sired a line of dogs?"

"No uncle, not just dogs," I smiled. "A family line. Your family line. You used to be a were—"

Orion didn't even let me finish speaking, he lunged at me, sending us and the chairs toppling over as he pinned me down. He latched onto my throat with his hands, squeezing so hard I couldn't breathe. 

"So you think you know my entire history then hmm?" Orion quipped. "Everything you said is true. And I want each and every one of them to die. They are a stain on this family name, just like you."

"You were the one that killed my parents," I finally choked out as his grip loosened slightly.

"I didn't kill them, Seana," Orion whispered in my ear. "Your parents were in fact friendly with them. I didn't need my own sire line to be mingling with mutts. So I left little traces of your parents as I started picking off members of their pack. When they attacked your parents it was perfect. You alone made the Mirrens scatter like rats."

I started to shake as so much rage went through me, but my strength was no match to his. I had long suspected he had something to with it. I just never thought he could be that cruel. 

He was a fucking snake. 

"You fucking bastard!" I shouted and kept trying to get him off me. 

"That was the only thing you've done in your entire life that I was proud of," Orion went on, completely ignoring me. "I will never forgive the wolf that bit me and forced me to join their pathetic pack. It wasn't until I met my creator that she freed me from that curse and turned me into one of the first vampires."

"I don't need to hear your fucking sob story!" I fumed. "You killed your own descendants and used the rest of us!  You made me kill innocent people! You are worse than a damn dog could ever be."

"You sure about that?" Orion taunted. "I'm worse than the devil himself."

He got up off me and straightened out his shirt and suit jacket. Just as I heard someone coming around the corner. 

It was Lydia.

"Orion what is the meaning of this?" she questioned. "Seana was supposed to arrive at the other holding site by now."

"Forgive me, I just wanted to have one last word with her," he sighed. "She is the last of my family after all."

No, I was not. Zachary Pierce will be the last of his family soon. Perhaps there were others, but I'm sure my uncle killed them too. 

Lydia glared at him momentarily, then nodded for the two witches who had me earlier to take me again. 

Orion gave me one last smirk before he vanished. 

That was where I fell into this narrative. I was always just a pawn to him.

After he left, they took me to some derelict-looking building deep in the Californian woods. 

On the inside, however, it was redone into several holding cells with high ceilings. I was placed in one, all the others were empty. A large window was above me, though it had a cage over it. I wondered how many others were in here before me, awaiting the same fate I was now. 

To be burnt to death. They took my daylight ring from me the moment I was caught. I never expected Cynthia Harris to willingly sacrifice herself like that. She knew she wouldn't survive that fall.

She knew it wouldn't kill me.

Maybe a part of her thought it would save her daughter. The coven had sentenced her daughter to death as well. But Laura convinced Lydia Hathaway otherwise. 

It was all my fault indeed. Not that I cared. 

Morning would come soon, and so would this life. If you could call this past century a life

I had been just a tool used and discarded by Orion. He thought he used me as an extension of himself to kill or do things that he claimed his wife told him to do. I think he had finally lost his nerve from seeing his reincarnated wife with a werewolf. 

I found it hilarious. He would be the one to lose in the end. His despicable deeds and plans would be uncovered soon enough.

That to me, was enough to find peace with the death of my parents. Even with no emotion, I felt a sense of peace. And I did not fear death. 

I was alone in this place. There was no need to have someone stay here on guard, the door to this room was made entirely out of platinum in the center of the stone walls. 

It was dark in the cell until a streak of lightning went across the window. In the distance, I heard a clap of thunder follow it. 

I suppose my death by burning would be postponed. 

I heard the wall of rain approaching the warehouse, it was heavy. 

Just as I closed my eyes, I heard the sound of a door being opened. Not just opened, but being broken in completely. Whoever it was, they were not supposed to be here.

Has my uncle come to continue his verbal assaults on me? He said enough of them to me after I was sentenced to death.

The bastard would have his due one day. I just wish I had the satisfaction of killing him myself. He robbed me of that capability the day he turned me. 

I heard the person creep closer to my cell, they were opening the ones around me, checking to see which one I was in. 

Was it Celesta coming to finish me off herself? Or perhaps Zachary would be the one to finally kill me. 

Then my cell door opened, to reveal a dark figure. My vision was so blurred I couldn't even describe them. 

But only one thing I was able to see. One look into those glowing eyes sent me falling backward, a searing pain going through my skull. The earliest memory I had in life sprang forward, I was sitting on a thick carpet with my mother Emilia. She rattled a toy in her hand as my small hands tried reaching for it.

Suddenly I was filled with joy. My childhood went by in flashes, till I was in my teens. I became a nurse at a sanitorium at the age of 17. Being around so many ill and dying people filled me with sadness. 

Then the desire of wanting to be able to cure them, was when I asked my parents to let me be like them. They refused me.

Orion did not. 

Then came the pain. The anger. The overwhelming despair of seeing my parents torn to shreds. Then I just saw flashes of death, there was no emotion there on the surface. It all brewed within me for a hundred years. Until I saw my uncle cut Brandon Kaiser down like he was nothing. 

Learning of Maggie's death, the anger I felt toward Scott. It was all too much.

"Stop it!" I screamed as I writhed on the ground, clutching the sides of my head in anguish. 

So much pressure was pounding in my skull as that witch weaved her way through all of my memories, forcing my emotions to come rushing at me at once. I couldn't stop them either, there was no longer a switch in my mind to stop the pain. 

Then the agony ended. The woman reached for something within their cloak, it was a stake. They dropped it in front of me without a word. 

"Who are you?" I rasped, I didn't have the strength to lift my head to glare at them. 

"I am no one of this world," the voice drawled. They sounded far away, even though they stood right before me. "Now it is time to make a decision."

Was this even a reality? Even the cells around me seemed to have faded away. 

"What decision?" I scoffed in disbelief. 

I had no more choices, as soon as the sun rose I was dead. And deservingly so. 

"It is up to you Seana Kane if you decide to live or to die," the voice sighed. "Others would see you dead. I believe, however, that you have a little good left to do in this world."

And before me was an open door, light streaming through it. In my hand, was the thing to end all this suffering. I gripped the hilt tightly. 

I was free from this darkness at last. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

63.5K 845 19
Christina accidentally spills a powerful love potion on Kevin. The real problem is, because of what she did a dangerous yellow eyed Witch now wants b...
350K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
364 5 37
I AM BECOME DEATH... In the aftermath of personal tragedy, Scott Campbell, likable everyman vampire, must struggle against the mysterious vampire sla...
9.2K 317 14
aria stilinsk and her brother Stiles and their bestfriend scott went looking for a dead body in the woods the night was the last day of their childho...