Sick to Think

"How do you know!?" You beamed, descending the stairs from Slughorn's room with Ginny, who sheepishly walked beside you. Her cheeks flushed red as her eyes squinted themselves lightly; she could not prevent a smile from appearing upon her lips as she proceeded to speak.

"We actually ... we kissed."

"You kissed!" You exclaimed, stopping your walk and staring at her in disbelief with wide eyes, but nonetheless a huge and excited grin. By now, Draco had caught up with you. His hands remained in his pockets as he stopped at you and Ginny and looked back and forth between the two of you as you stared at each other. "Ginny, this is great news!"

"What's great news?" Draco asked.

"Who invited you?" You scoffed, taking Ginny's arm and speeding up with her away from Draco. He was left to mentally face palm as he stared at you, as he proceeded to follow you anyway. "When? How? Where?"

"Remember the night we slept in the Room of Requirement? The reason why ... Blaise and I were a bit awkward was because we'd kissed just the night before, and we hadn't spoken since. We were sitting outside in the courtyard at night and just talking about random matters, looking up at the stars, when we looked at each other ... and he leaned in ... and we kissed. Unfortunately ... Filch caught us outside straight after and shooed us off to our common rooms, so we didn't have a chance to talk about it. The entire day we'd spent flashing each other awkward looks, and we only spoke when we were on the way to the Room of Requirement again. Except ... we didn't speak of it. I felt quite sad when he didn't mention it, as he acted like it hadn't happened. But ... when we were in bed then ... he kissed me again."

"Holy shit!" You cried out, grabbing Ginny and hugging her. She, laughing, hugged you back. "I knew it would happen! Oh - we can go on double dates!"

"Slow down!" She giggled. "I don't even know if he ... if he feels the same way."

"Who?" Draco interrupted. "Blaise?"

"You're obsessed with us, Malfoy," you rolled your eyes.

"Shut up," he clicked his tongue, flicking your forehead before turning his attention to Ginny. "You and Blaise kissed? And he didn't tell me?"

"It's not like you told him that you lost your virginity now, did you?" Ginny snapped back.

"Touché."

"Are you going to speak to him about it?" You asked, walking further through the corridors with her, with Draco following behind with his hands in his pockets.

"Goodness, no! What would I even say? And plus, if he doesn't feel the same way ... it'll just make everything awkward between us."

"He kissed you! He obviously feels something!"

"He's a boy, [F/n]! They're easy and will kiss anything!"

"No - " Draco began, only for you to silence him with your finger.

"Not Blaise," you continued, "and not with you. Draco and I could see it for a long time. The very same way you predicted that Draco and I had feelings for each other, in that very same manner Draco and I predicted you and Blaise. Even ask Draco, he'll confirm, and he knows Blaise better than the both of us."

"I can confirm."

"See?"

"Stop," Ginny cried out, her cheeks blazing red, "I'm so nervous now." She paused, sighing. "But what the hell, [F/n]?"

"What?"

"That back there? In Slughorn's room? Why did you bring up ... Voldemort? And you - " She turned to Draco, "you're an asshole for doing that to Cedric. He's really sweet."