Mr Headmaster

Surprise struck you to witness the one and only face you recognised so well sitting at the table on the far end of the hall. There he was, in his own person, Professor Severus Snape, with his shiny black hair and the scowl upon his face as he judged all the students before himself. He had, somehow, made it back. He had, somehow, never been caught. And thus, your eyes continued to glisten upon the sight of him, standing in your position, when you felt Ginny poke the back of your waist, returning you to the present reality, where you acknowledged that you were standing at the Great Hall doors, staring at Snape for everyone to see. Even Draco, who was now sitting at the Slytherin table, cleared his throat continuously and attempted to somehow get your attention. 

"Hey," Adrian immediately said as you took a seat beside him at the Slytherin table, still in awe and with an astounded expression gleaming upon your face. "Missed Hogwarts?"

"Missed Hogwarts?" You repeated slowly, not looking at him but at the table with curious eyes, scarcely able to focus as Snape's present figure lingered on in your mind. "Yes ... suppose so."

"Yeah, me too. What did you do over the summer?" 

"I ... killed."

"Killed?" 

"Uh," you cleared your throat, returning to the present reality. "Killed time, innit." 

"Oh, right." 

With the Slytherin robe hanging around your shoulders again, you felt more ready than ever. For everything and anything - for the world. In this outfit, in which you discovered yourself over years, you felt your past combine with your present, forming the most ethereal future which was suited to your disposition. 

"How's ... your relationship?"

"With?"

"Well, Malfoy."

"Shit." You said with a grin. "I wish he'd leave me alone."

"For real?"

"No," Draco snapped, sitting some seats away on the opposite bench, "not for real. Shut the fuck up, Potter. Stop chatting shit for once." 

"I don't chat shit, dear."

"Little shit head," he frowned, shaking his head at you, causing Blaise to erupt in a fit of laughter. In that respect, you were left to stare at Blaise, examining his face and looking for potential signs of the truth and what he'd done to Ginny - what he'd done to leave her so heartbroken, unable to speak of him. 

"Watch the tone, Malfoy," you said with a smirk. 

"I'll watch my tone when you're on your knees."

"Not at the dinner table - " Blaise quickly snapped, clicking his fingers in between yours and Draco's eye contact. 

"How was summer for you, Dracey?" Ana finally sung out, sitting opposite Draco, gazing at him lovingly with her head resting on her hands. 

"Dracey?" You laughed out. "Even I don't call him cringe shit like that."

"That's 'cause you call him daddy." Blaise added.

"Oi," Draco snapped, flicking Blaise's forehead. "That's you who calls me that." 

"You want me on my knees?" 

"Yes."

"Draco - " Ana sang out again, grabbing their attention. "I asked a question."

"My summer was alright."

"That's good to hear." Silence ensued. "Well, aren't you going to ask me how mine went?"