The Return to Hogwarts

You drove Draco to nothing other than anger itself with your refusal to explain matters which had just occurred. When you both headed through the streets of London, making your way back to Islington, Draco's face blazed with fury whenever you told him not to worry. The truth did not, however, come out, and he was left to ponder on what you had spoken with Rufus. But that was it. Draco had no way of getting the truth out of you, for you were [F/n] Potter and what you held in your heart, you held it forever. 

Draco's mother had not sent him a response, nor had you heard from Snape. The entirety of the Malfoy Manor appeared closed off to you, and you had absolutely no contact with them, last having seen them at the wedding. Draco was worried, you could see that in the uneasy manner in which he lived through his life; he would always drift off into negative thoughts whenever silence surrounded him, and occasionally he struggled to sleep, which you noticed since you weren't a sleeper yourself. Whenever you spoke to him, however, or placed your hand on his face, or calmed him, or soothed him - it worked wonders. All negativity had vanished from his existence upon your touch or voice. 

A week before the return to Hogwarts, you had left Draco, Harry, Hermione and Ron, making your way out to the centre of London where you'd arranged to meet with Blaise. You both expressed ultimate frustration at your inability to continue your operation due to Draco's presence with you. Whilst you were inherently glad that Draco was with you, it also closed many opportunities at a time like this. But that was all that had essentially occurred. On that day of meeting Blaise, you'd gone out with him to get a drink and some food, but there was something odd about his mannerisms. He acted coldly, almost as though he was repressing something deeply. You wished to inquire about it, but chose against it. 

Other than that meeting with Blaise, nothing else out of the ordinary happened. You would often go out and meet Jack, most of the time with Draco, who also developed his own individual liking for the boy. They would find their own topics to discuss which weren't of you, but of their own individual minds and a unity formation. As for the trio, they spent the time preparing for their Horcrux journey, and they became very keen when you informed them that you'd actually found one on Umbridge's neck. It was all one big perfect opportunity for them. And thus, as you and Draco had packed to leave for Hogwarts on the very next day, you were left to sit on the bed in the darkness with a solemn expression, feeling the breezy air of the night, knowing it was your last night at Grimmauld Place before your final year of Hogwarts. The final year of Hogwarts, indeed ... perhaps not only the final year of Hogwarts, but of many other things. It was a time of cruel uncertainty; whether he, she, they, I would live. 

"Are you okay?" Draco asked softly, wrapping his arms around you from behind, wrapping you up within himself and warming your shivering body. "You're shivering."

"It's cold," was all you could say.

"It is," he agreed quietly, kissing your temple, "you're nervous. Why?"

"Why not?"

"Because you're [F/n] Potter, that's why," he laughed lightly, causing you to also smile and find the motivation within yourself to turn around and face him on the bed. You thus gently kissed his cheek before climbing up into the bed and lying down, placing the duvet over your cold body. Draco did the exact same, and you awaited his arms to encompass you within themselves, but they never did.

"Oi," you groaned out.

"Yeah?"

"Why haven't you hugged me yet?"

"Oh." He laughed. "Demanding." 

"Not demanding," you protested with a grin, feeling his arms wrap themselves around you finally as he pulled you into his chest. "Hogwarts tomorrow. How are you feeling about it?"