Deciphering Latin

"She's fucking insane."

Niklaus lightly turned his head, staring at the letter before Draco as the boy slouched in his seat, staring at it with tired and horrified eyes. He huffed, running his hands through his hair. The idea of having a letter back was satisfying enough, but when he read the contents, he decided that he hates [F/n] Potter and hopes she walks into a room and forgets what she wanted. He also hoped that both sides of your pillow were warm throughout the entire night. He also hoped that, for this task you'd placed against him, that you would fail your next assignment. That you would forget what page in the book you were on. That your bookmark was pulled out. That you forgot your clothes when going for a shower.

"Niklaus, remind me to never go for geniuses again." Draco said, still staring at the letter. "What the fuck does any of this mean?" He turned to Niklaus, who did not respond but blinked at him. "I'm reconsidering my life choices." And with this, Draco set the letter down at his desk as he sat at the edge of his seat, hovering above the letter and he stared at it. "She did this on purpose."

amantium irae amoris integratio est.

congrediemur. London, Jack. dies Saturni. media nocte.

"Maybe it's a rejection letter?" He asked, turning to Niklaus again. "I suppose I've no choice but to go to mother. The dictionary will be no use ... these words mean different things when they are put together. Look how extra she was with the wax though," Draco added, lifting up the envelope with the wax to Niklaus, "you should've bit her ear the second you saw her writing in Latin. Stupid fucking Potter."

Draco thus huffed, and, with no other choice, he lifted the letter as he rose from his chair. The letter was gently folded again as he shoved it into his pocket. He took up Niklaus onto his shoulder. The door to his bedroom opened lightly as he discreetly peeked his head out, ensuring no one was around, and, when the coast was clear, he cleared his throat and straightened his blazer and black turtle neck before exiting the room and closing the door behind himself. He headed down the hallway, to the grand stairs, which he immediately descended, though warily, to ensure he would not bump into anyone he did not need to. He heard the voice of his mother, alongside Snape's, back in the sitting room. He was glad to hear the silence of the house, knowing that all the Death Eaters were gone for the time being, but it was to his great dismay when he caught sight of his curly-haired aunt walking down the hall, as she caught sight of him and smiled forcefully, hiding her ridiculous scowl.

"Draco," she sneered out, "where are you off to?"

He pursed his lips, clearing his throat. Nerves overtook him as he glanced at her, putting his hand into his pocket to hold the letter inside and keep it from falling out. To keep his cool was his goal at the moment, as he replied as calmly and contentedly as he could. "To see mother."

"You've been handling yourself well," she added slyly.

"Handling myself ... well?"

"Well, of course, after your breakup with that little bitch."

"[F/n]?"

"Don't!" She screamed. "Don't ... " she repeated in a calmer voice, "don't say her name in this household."

"You do not like her?"

"I do not like her!" She repeated mockingly. "It is my sole wish ... that the Dark Lord would hand her over to me instead. He can have the boy ... I just want the girl."

"And what would you do to her?"

"I'd have fun," she sang out, playing around with her wand as her eyes trailed around the room playfully and dreamily. "Next time, don't interfere when I'm with her."