Disappointing Draco

You paced your way through the castle's walls, gaining speed with every step you took. The moon flashed you occasional blows of light, encompassing your entire body. The clear sky had formed clouds, and it was no longer so peaceful as it was before; a storm was gathering and the stars could scarcely be seen, with the moon only appearing over the crowd of clouds.

"Will you just listen to me?" Draco groaned, keeping at pace with you, as you stared and marched forwards. "Where are you going?"

"Speak. I am an avid listener."

"[F/n], I was trying to find the information they had on us."

You stopped walking, turning to face him, with furrowed brows. "And what? You thought you'd find it in their rooms?"

"I thought, maybe ... you never know!"

"It's obviously going to be hidden better, since the last time I found all her files. Think!" And you continued to storm off, marching ahead of yourself, uncertain of your exact destination, but knowing that it did not matter.

"Don't tell me to think!" Draco scoffed, following beside you, keeping up with your fast walking. When he realised you were not stopping, he grabbed your arm and pulled you back, stopping you from walking and forcing you to face him. "Why're you getting so pissed about this? Huh? As if you yourself don't run off to places all the time, without telling me, always doing shit on your own. Huh? How about that? And I do it once - "

"You do it by going into the room of Astoria Greengrass, the girl who does everything in her power to have you."

"And? So what? You do it all the time!"

"Let's see how you'd feel if you caught me coming out of the room of someone you knew was after me. After my love and my desires."

"Oh? So that's what this is about. You're jealous?"

"This isn't about anything."

"[F/n], I am not lying to you, and you know that I'm not, when I tell you that I was there looking for files."

"Why without me? Why'd you not tell me?"

"Why without you?" He scoffed. The thunder clanged between this, and the lightning struck. "As if you don't go out on your own all the time, [F/n]! I'm not letting this be a double standard. I told you how sick I am of you going out and doing your own thing. So what if I went there alone?"

"And I've stopped! I'm not going no places alone anymore! I chose to get help and stop acting the way I am. Did you see Astoria?"

He paused briefly, his lips in a thin curve downwards, and he froze. "Yeah, I did speak to her."

"About?"

"I just ... I thought ... maybe if I tried being nice and kind to her ... she'd turn information over to me ... and tell me something."

You gazed upon him; his face illuminated by the moon, as though the moon were the police, shining their flashlight at the guilty man's face. He noticed the furrowing of brows, the gulp down your throat, the pale shade of your lips.

"What does being nice and kind mean?"

"Nothing, obviously." He huffed, scratching his head, turning away from you in panic, then quickly trying to regain his composure, turning once more back to you, catching your eyes furious. "I just ... I ... I tried being her friend ... talking about our old memories as friends. She ... she asked me why I was suddenly being nice ... and I had to make it believable."

...

"And what does making it believable mean?"

He did not want to answer. He almost took a step back from you. There was something about the atmosphere that took you back to all those years before the two of you fell in love; there was a hint of fear and vehemence in both sides.