The Slug Club

Slug Club! Getting invited to it was an absolute win. A step closer to discovering the truth! The real memory! And most of all, a step closer to defeating your ugly brother! They say twins have a special connection, but the only connection here is ultimate hatred. Dumbledore had mentioned the years that Slughorn previously worked at Hogwarts before. You were no idiot; it was not difficult to calculate the years that Tom Riddle attended Hogwarts, and thus the conclusion was made: Slughorn taught in the period that Tom Riddle was but a Hogwarts student. Taking this information into account, you could not have been more certain that Slughorn knew Tom Riddle, and that Dumbledore's wish on memory had something to do with Voldemort. You were certain that you were on the right track, and that you would beat Harry with this opportunity. The joy faded as soon as, when you sat around the table, you discovered that Harry fucking Potter had also been invited. Not to mention the invitation of ... Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory, Draco Malfoy, Olivia Marleigh, Ginny Weasley. A mixture of years, genders, and houses. It did seem like a good fit, but as you all discovered that you were the ones who'd been invited, matters fell awkwardly. It was dinner time with Slughorn, and all of you squirmed in your seats at ultimate discomfort due to the terrific awkwardness as eyes flashed back and forth. Everyone around this table ... was somehow painfully involved. And certainly involved with you. Two boys on this table had confessed their love for you, one boy was your fucktard brother. Two girls weren't very fond of you, and one adored you. What a mixture, indeed! Varying opinions about [F/n], yet not a single person could deny their jealousy of your existence. The hatred or love towards you sprang from everyone's admiration of you; some less aware of it.

"I'm so glad you could all make it!" Slughorn beamed. "Since we have a variety of houses, genders and years, I'm assuming some of you don't know each other?"

Silence fell in the room as everyone awkwardly cleared their throats, looking back and forth from each other.

"How about we go round in circles and, as an ice breaker, say two facts about ourselves and one lie, and everyone has to guess which is the lie! Don't forget to introduce yourself."

Everyone now wanted to die. Had Slughorn known all the drama that had gone down between all of you, he would not have invited you under any circumstance. The tension was high, especially with the way in which Cedric and Draco constantly exchanged looks, lowered eyes back and forth at each other. Then there was Olivia and Cho, who would often glare at you, as you sat carelessly and held back a mocking grin at the situation, finding it fucking hilarious. There was Ginny, who would glare at Olivia and Cho whenever she noticed how they looked at you. And finally, Harry, who was clueless and simply wanted to beat you. With Ginny and Harry at your sides, it meant Cedric and Draco were opposite each other, only making the situation all the more awkward. And, on top of that, with Olivia next to Draco and Cho next to Cedric. Perfect placing, Slughorn.

"Miss Marleigh, how about you start?"

"Uh," Olivia cleared her throat, "I'm Olivia Marleigh."

"And two facts and a lie."

"Uh ... I own a cat ... my favourite colour is blue ... and I like to draw."

"Alright!" Slughorn beamed, turning to everyone else as they stared in horror. Only you found this entire situation entertaining, slouched in your seat with your sarcastic smirk, holding back laughter. "What do you guys think is the lie?"

"The cat," you called out with a mischievous grin at Olivia, who huffed at your confidence to intervene.

"Do you guys agree?"

Everyone awkwardly agreed.

"Was it the cat?"

"Um ... no. My favourite colour is actually orange."