Borgins and Burkes

The manner in which you straightened out your jacket, clearing your throat and heading through to the back, suggested your total lack of suspiciousness. You were a witch, passing through to a witch place, with your wizard friend passing through with you. Jack's robes were slightly too small for him, but it looked suitable enough. As he walked, he could not help but constantly tug on parts of the robe or keep trying to fix it, ultimately uncomfortable at the odd piece of clothing. And, when you proceeded to press the bricks in their peculiar manner, Jack stared in horror as he gripped his fake wand tighter, gulping at your doing. He was absolutely horrified, both from the unusual happenings of the day, but also due to the knowledge of his illegal activity.

"So ... Diagon Alley, you say?"

"Here it is," you grinned maniacally, entering Diagon Alley and opening up your arms in a presenting manner. "Diagon Alley, my dear." And, as you spoke, Jack's eyes widened as he witnessed the long street up before him and the unusual architecture and splendid, vivid colours before himself. In this street, everything seemed impeccably bright and vibrant, with plenty of personality and joy. People paced the street up and down, some people pointing into shops, some laughing and talking, and they all had the same typical expressions of interest within their face and an odd type of comfortableness which Jack scarcely saw in 'muggles'. Here, these people seemed like they felt at home - like they knew of their own belonging on this world. He could see fulfilment within the eyes of all these people, and he began to understand why you were such a vibrant person, alongside Harry, Hermione, and Draco - people who he had met, who he knew shared this wondrous life with you.

Jack was absolutely astounded at all the features of this street. When you took him up all the shops, you pointed back and forth into the shops, through their windows, and occasionally stepped into the shops and showed him the contents of it. It was all so far from realistic to his mundane reality that he could scarcely comprehend anything around. Quite honestly, he rarely spoke, for his jaw hung open most of the time as he gazed at the surroundings in awe. He was absolutely intrigued at the story of Quidditch and how you were an absolute boss at it, and he was surprised to see your incredible knowledge of the brooms and Quidditch gear, which you showed him in one of the shops. You even pointed out Ollivander's shop to him, informing him of the different types of wands and what they all met. And, finally, when you pointed to the robe shop, you informed him that this was the very place that you first met Draco when the two of you were but eleven years old.

It was to the greatest of pleasures when you entered the Joke Shop of the Weasley twins, and you found the two dressed in the same bright, orange suits as they laughed back and forth, pulling pranks on themselves or their customers, who laughed as equally as the owners.

"Oi," you grinned, calling out to them.

"Well, well, well!" Fred beamed, seeing you.

"If it isn't our favourite little Potter!"

"You bet it is!" You laughed out as you felt yourself be scooped up into Fred's arms, as he spun you around and hugged you tightly. It was not long until George took the hold of you and hugged you, patting your back in a lovely manner as he expressed the longing manner in which he'd missed you. "Business going well?"

"See for yourself," they said in unison, gesturing to the further part of the shop, which was filled with endless customers roaming around in curiosity and interest.

"It's amazing!"

"And who is this?" George asked, looking at Jack with a comforting smile.

"Oh, uh, Jack," Jack said, offering his hand to shake, which George took gladly and shook it proudly, maintaining steady eye contact with Jack as he smiled at him. "It's nice to meet you."