The Dinner

Reader, there is no being more powerful than [F/n] Potter when she is showered, dressed, put together, and confident. And on top of that, in a burgundy, satin dress, fitting on her body perfectly? Gosh, even Draco could barely keep himself on his own two feet. 

Actually, reader, there is something even more powerful than that. 

It's the [F/n] Potter as mentioned above, but with Draco Malfoy beside her, dressed perfectly and suitably with the dinner jacket fitted on his shoulders just right, for it had been tailored just for him. And the two put together, reader! Voldemort could have been defeated with the mere look of [F/n] Potter and Draco Malfoy in such a way. 

"You look so handsome," you told Draco, fixing his bowtie in place, smiling up at him.

"Is there time for me to fuck you before we go?"

"There isn't, I look too good," you grinned. 

"Won't they freak out to see that Gretchen Heffley is [F/n] Potter?"

"Oh, baby, what do you think the point of this is?" 

...

...

...

"Tell me, Severus, what is this [F/n] Potter like?" Mrs Greengrass asked. 

"Apparently she's a literal crazy psycho who killed her brother," Astoria scoffed, sitting back in her seat at the table, crossing her arms.

"Hm," Snape hummed, "whilst that is true, I am quite intrigued who told you so?"

"Gretchen told us some things about her," Daphne said. 

Snape paused, raising his eyebrow slowly. "Did you say ... Gretchen?"

"Yeah. Gretchen Heffley."

"Gretchen ... Heffley?"

"Am I talking to a wall?" Astoria asked. 

"Don't be rude," Mrs Greengrass said quickly.

"Miss Greengrass," Snape said, fixing his napkin in place, "I believe there must be some kind of mistake."

"Mistake?" Daphne asked.

"For ... there is no Gretchen Heffley at Hogwarts." 

...

...

...

There was no time for connections. The doors had already slid open. Mrs Greengrass, Astoria, Daphne, and Snape all turned towards the door, looking at the two figures emerging. 

Perfectly in place, your fingers were intertwined within Draco's. He held your palm tightly, confidently, and you could see the proud look in his face, saying, Yeah, she's mine. 

It took some time for everyone to process the sight; the sight of [F/n] Potter looking the way she did, immaculately working with Draco's tuxedo and manner, as though the two of you sprung down from heaven together, like angels, like love gods, like beings that belonged in a better place than this. 

The smirk upon your lips defeated the table. 

To shift between Gretchen Heffley - the manner in which you presented yourself - with the mud and mess and hair all over the place, to a person who looked expensive and confident and ready to take down the world - that was somehow the duality of [F/n] Potter, and the Greengrasses only just understood it. Now, the Greengrasses understood that [F/n] Potter was everywhere, for she could be whoever she wanted, whenever she wanted, however she wanted, and there was no denying her.