𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

( chapter sixty-seven )tw: abuse

tw: abuse

CASSIOPEIA BLACK DIDN'T EVEN have time to register her surroundings before she felt a hand collide with her cheek, sending her head snapping to the left.

She let out a gasp of pain, her eyes brimming slightly with tears. She could feel the small pour of blood run down her cheek from where her mothers ring had cut it.

She gulped.

Cassie looked up at her mother, letting out a shaky breath as she did so.

She had never seen so much hatred in a person's eyes than she was seeing right now. There was no hint of remorse, no hint of guilt. But to Cassie, most importantly, there was no hint of love.

There never had been.

"You. . ." Walburga started, looking down at her daughter, letting a satisfied smirk make its way onto her face as she noticed the fear in the girls eyes.

Regulus stared at the two of them, his eyes wide and darting from Cassie to his mother. He felt anger boiling in his blood, he wanted to yell at her to stop. That for once he should love his children instead of trying to mold then into something they're not with force.

After all, clay only stays soft and malleable for a period of time. After that it becomes hard, and one wrong move can make it crack.

Make it unfixable.

Regulus opened his mouth to say something, but before the words could leave his mouth, Walburga was looking at him. The same hatred in her eyes.

The words went from his mouth, he didn't know what to say. Even if he did say anything, it would just make situations worse, for him and Cassie.

"Go up to your room Regulus." Walburga spat, Regulus almost flinched due to the venom in her tone. One he had never realised was so poisonous.

Regulus looked at Cassie once more, who only nodded, not looking at him. Her eyes glued to their mother.

Regulus nodded slightly, turning around and practically running up to his room, he could hear skin meeting skin once again just before he shut his door.

"You what?" Cassie asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked up at her mother. She ignored the growing fear in her chest and the stinging on her cheek.

"You filthy blood-traitor." Walburga spat, quite literally spitting on her daughters face as she spoke.

Cassie opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by the door behined her opening. Her whole body began to shake slightly, she could feel a slight cold sweat run down her forehead and mix with her eyebrow.

She gulped once again, looking at her mother and refusing to look behind her.

Her mother had another satisfied smirk on her face as her eyes looked up behind her Cassie, back to Cassie once again.