seventeen

( chapter )seventeen

( chapter )
seventeen

CASSIOPEIA BLACK MENTALLY grimaced as Evan Rosier tighter his grip on her waist, pulling her closer to him.

They moved in synchronisation, people staring in awe as the two teens danced in the centre of the dance floor. Nearly everyone from the Sacred Twenty-Eight watching their every move, waiting for one of them to mess up, so they could ridicule their parents about it later.

Cassie looked calm, however her mind was racing at millions of miles per second, the moves for the dance, the timings and everyone else's opinion of her filling her mind.

When she was at school, she couldn't care less what people think of her, but when it was people who would make an impact on how she was treated at home, it was as if she was a completely different person.

Someone who nearly everyone thought was perfect, nearly everyone accepted her. Cassie would never would love that version of herself.

The song slowly began to slow, and more people made their way onto the dance floor, with partners, cousins, cousins who were partners and people who their parents would accept, even if they didn't like them.

Cassie and Evan gave a bow and curtsy, before heading their separate ways, Evan to go and dance with another girl, and Cassie to go and hide in a dark corner as she prayed that it would eat her whole.

Regulus stated at his sisters retreating figure as he spun Bellatrix Black, his cousin, around. A frown appearing on his face as he watched her lean against the wall and pull at the small clips that were keeping her dark-locks in place.

"I'm highly sorry, Bella, but you will have to excuse me." The girl looked offended, before she noticed where he was looking and gave a small snort and walked off, running a hand through her mess of hair.

Regulus frowned yet again, as he walked up Cassie, seeing a bruise that was peeking up from underneath the sleeve of her dress. He then smiled as he caught her eye, frowning yet again as he watched how quickly she straitened up and sort out her dress, as if everyone was watching what she was doing.

Regulus loved his sister dearly, and hated what she went through, and he would never admit it, but he was proud of what Sirius did, standing his ground. But he also hated him, because it meant that Cassie was now the one who was going through it all and it seemed even worse with her. He would like to say he would jump in front of a spell for Cassie, but be also knew be wouldn't, he was too scared. And that was why he never stood up against his parents, he was too scared.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Evan Rosier watched as Regulus gestured towards the middle of the Ball Room, where everyone was dancing, he then knit his eyebrows together as he watched Cassie hiss something under her breath at her brother and roll her eyes.