one hundred and nine

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND NINE

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"WE NEED NEW CODENAMES."

"No the fuck we don't- do you know how hard it was for us four to come up with the marauders and then individual nicknames after that. We called Peter 'Droppings' for weeks."

Cassie furrowed her eyebrows as she glanced over at Peter, who nodded while his face flushed a soft red.

"Moving swiftly on," she said with a small shake of her head, "I already came up with the names."

Everyone groaned but they were soon to stop when Cassie threw her cup, which was luckily plastic, but unluckily full of water, at Sirius.

"I hate you."

"Awe, feelings mutual."

It was the final week of the summer holidays, Cassie had no idea how the summer had gone so quickly but the next week began September 1st and meant that it was the beginning of their final year at Hogwarts.

No-one had talked about going back to Hogwarts yet, but it was approaching quicker that they would like to believe.

They all received their letters weeks ago, but other than getting their equipment list, no-one had opened the letter further.

For Cassie, it rested at the bottom of her trunk, away from where she would see it everyday.

Cassie didn't know if they were all in denial about their last year starting so soon because they were all already worried for their NEWT exams, or because they just didn't want to leave the place that had become their home for so many years.

Cassie knew that she didn't want to leave Hogwarts because it was the first place that she had actually felt safe.

Hogwarts was the first place that she would truly consider her home.

Hogwarts was where she met the people she would consider her family, and knew that she would call them that until the day she died.

The nine students were making the most of their final week, they were making as many plans as they possibly could before the week ended; they had plans to meet up with Dylan and Will again; as well as going to Brighton Pier to go to the arcade; James had bought tickets for the nine of them to go to a theme park that opened a few miles away from his house.

But that night, they were all just sitting around a campfire; Cassie was sitting on James' lap and his arms were wrapped around her waist while they sat on one of Euphemia's garden chairs; Remus was laying down with his head in Sirius' lap, looking up at the stars with a small smile on his face while Sirius played with his hair.

Lily and Marlene were sitting next to each other, playing a card game; Regulus was teaching Alice about all the constellations that could be seen and Peter was roasting marshmallows over the fire with a smile, joining in on conversation when he thought he should.

They were camping out on the field behind the Potter's cottage that night, there was four muggle tents; one for Cassie and James, one for Sirius and Remus, one for Lily, Marlene and Alice and one for Peter and Regulus.