twenty-six

( chapter )twenty-six

( chapter )
twenty-six

VALENTINES DAY WAS EITHER something you hated, or adored. You either had a significant other who gave you gifts and kisses all day, making you feel loved and special, while you did the same in return.

Or you were alone, eating chocolate and ice-cream in your room until you felt like you could never eat another mouthful again, but then you somehow found more room to eat.

Cassiopeia Black would normally go down to the kitchen with Nova, the two of them asking the house-elves for different foods, to which the house-elves obliged without a second thought.

The two of them making fun of the couples who were at Hogsmeade, laughing until their stomachs hurt from a mixture of laughing and too many sweet treats.

However, this year it was different.

Cassie let out a small groan as she walked towards Hogsmeade, three of the four Marauders by her side. James had once again been rejected by Lily, Remus didn't want a date and kindly refused the fourth year girl who had asked him, while Peter didn't get asked.

Because of this, Cassie was dragged by the three boys to the wizarding village, when all she wanted to do was sleep for the entire day.

She couldn't even hang out with Alice, Marlene and Lily as they all had dates, Alice was going on a date with her boyfriend, Frank Longbottom. Lily was with Amos Diggory, and Marlene was with, it made Cassie feel sick just thinking about it, Sirius.

However, the two of them had been rather awkward when they walked off to Hogsmeade.

So she was stuck with the three Gryffindor boys all day.

"Any ideas on where we should go?" Remus asked as they walked past a female student who was sneakily trying to grab the hand of the girl sitting next to her. Cassie smiled slightly at the two, before turning back to Remus.

"I just need to go to Honeydukes, but that can wait if anyone has any other plans?" Peter shook his head, his eyes lighting up slightly at the mention of the sweet shop.

James nodded, shoving his hands in the pocket of his jacket, beginning to walk to Honeydukes.

"Guess were going to Honeydukes now then," Cassie said, rolling her eyes slightly before following after James.

Remus and Peter shared a look, as they began to walk behined the others. Cassie quickly caught up with James, falling into step with him, before looking up.

"What pissed in your cereal this morning?" She asked, her tone playful as she zipped up her coat.

James shook his head.