one hundred and thirteen

( chapter )one hundred and thirteen

( chapter )
one hundred and thirteen

Light grey clouds covered the entirety of the sky; there were only a couple of partings in the grey blanket that allowed for a few rays of filtered sunlight to shine thought. The air was warm - it was far from cold despite the layer of clouds that hid the blue sky from view and there was a gentle breeze that only warmed the skin more.

The same breeze brought a rustle to the branches of trees that were covered in a million green leaves, no two the exact shape or shade of green. It also caused the grass to dance and sway, as if to the rhythm of a song. Flowers were mixed amongst the grass; daisies with pink rims; yellow daffodils that stood out like gold in a field of green; bluebells and snowdrops were scattered around, each flower had bees going to and from it, collecting pollen.

There was a light scatter of rain falling from the sky, it was only soft but it still created patches of mud in areas where there was no grass; it also created puddles on the concrete paths that led around the area. Rain fell in a soft shower, gently hitting anyone who was caught up in it.

But that didn't stop the group of friends from sitting under an oak tree, sharing a couple of bottles of Fire-Whiskey between them.

The giant oak tree looked as though it held up the sky.

It's branches, that were covered in leaves and acorns,  reaching into the air and grabbing at any clouds that it could reach. More than one birds nest was rested in the trees branches, birds flying home to protect themselves from the rain. The tree's thick, trunk was as dark as dark-chocolate and it's bark was covered in knots and bumps that had been formed hundreds of years ago.

The branches hardly protected the group from the rain, but they didn't care as they laughed and joked with one another; their clothes progressively getting more wet as time went on.

Cassie was sitting between James' open legs, her back resting against his chest while his back rested against the tree trunk. James had one of his arms wrapped around Cassie waist and his other hand rested freely on her thigh, squeezing it every now and again. The two of then were sharing their own bottle of fire-whiskey, but it was smaller than the others bottles.

Marlene, Lily and Peter sat to the left of the couple, all three of them sharing a bottle - well, Marlene was drinking most of it, with Lily taking the occasional mouthful and Peter barely taking a sip. Lily and Marlene sat with their legs crossed and Peter sat with his legs stretched out in front of him.

Sirius and Remus sat to the right of James and Cassie. They were both sitting with their legs stretched out in front of them, their legs entwined with the others; Sirius had his arm around his boyfriends waist and rested his head on the taller boys shoulder. They too were sharing a bottle - Sirius taking much larger swigs that the Remus, but they still shared a bottle nonetheless.