one hundred and two

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND TWO

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"CASSIE, THE FLOOR IS LAVA."

Cassie froze at the bottom of the stairs that led into the girls dormitory, her hands grabbed the railings to stop herself falling due to how quickly she froze.

"No it's not?"

"Yes it is."

She let out a soft snort when she saw that Peter, James and Sirius were all huddled together on top of a small table in the middle of the common room; chairs and cushions were thrown all over the floor; one of the sofas was upturned and a book lay open besides it - with pages so crumpled Cassie assumed that someone had stood and almost slipped on it.

Cassie pressed a hand to her mouth to stifle a snort when a first year walked into the Common Room and jumped three feet in the air when the three Marauders began to yell at him that the floor was lava.

"He just sent me a dirty look." Sirius pouted as the first year ran back out the common room.

"I honestly don't blame him." Cassie muttered with a raised eyebrow.

"I will throw my shoe at you." Sirius said, leaning down to grab his shoe but freezing as soon as the table began to move slightly.

"I'd like to see you try." She replied as a smirk made its way onto her face, Cassie crossed her arms and looked down at the floor.

Sirius went to grab his show again but stopped when James placed his hand on his shoulder.

"It's not worth the risk Pads."

Sirius looked down at the floor in fear and then gulped, before looking back up at James and nodding hesitantly.

"You're right, this is a life of death situation and I choose to live."

"I knew you would Padfoot." Sirius stood up and he and James wrapped each other in a big hug, which caused Peter to fall off the table and hit the ground with a 'thud'.

"Oh, Peters dead." Cassie chuckled from the stairs and started to go over to help the boy up when James yelled at her to stop.

"You'll die if you touch the floor."

Cassie raised an eyebrow as she looked at James, back down at the floor and then up at James once more.

James looked as if he was just about to tell Cassie how to safely get over to the sofa, but his mouth fell agape when Cassie placed her foot on the floor all while looking him straight in the eye.

"You died." James pouted, wiping away fake tears.

"It seems I have." Cassie placed another foot on the floor and did a small dance before walking over to Peter and helping him up.

"Never become a back-up dancer Cassie." Sirius said just as Remus came down the stairs from his dorm.

He stopped as he saw James and Sirius holding onto each other tightly, still standing on that small table in the middle of the room, Peter was slowly rubbing his knee from where it had hit the floor and Cassie was just looking at the whole thing unamused.