𝗳𝗼rty-four

( chapter )forty-four

( chapter )
forty-four

CASSIOPEIA BLACK HELD THE TWO - way mirror in one of her hands and she opened her window with the other one.

The cool night breeze hit her face as she leant out of the window, her face illuminated by the streetlamps just opposite her window. The stars above twinkling like glitter in the black sky.

She looked down, looking at the hard ground below.

It was a long drop, around 40 feet, if she fell, it would probably be fatal, and she didn't plan on dying anytime soon.

She turned, her back resting against the window sill as she looked up.

There was a lattice against the wall of the house, the stems of dead flowers entangled in it, their heads had fallen off years ago.

Cassie smiled slightly and shook her head as she thought that her parents couldn't even take care of flowers, what made they think they could take care of three children.

Her smile dropped as she looked back at the lattice on the wall, taking a deep breath, she placed the mirror between her teeth and climbed out of her window, her back pressed against the wall as she tried her best not to look down.

She let out a shaky breath as she quickly flipped her body around, one hand now grabbing onto the wooden lattice.

She wanted to celebrate as she moved the rest of her body onto the lattice, her feet bare so her toes could grip the wood better, she could already feel a slight splinter in one of her fingers, but she didn't care at that moment.

She began to climb, her mind focusing on thoughts of James and Sirius as she did so, to keep the thoughts of her falling from her mind. She smiled slightly at the thought of James calling her everynight, but she couldn't answer until today - now that her face had healed.

She knew she couldn't talk to him while her face was bashed and bruised. It would raise too many questions, questions she wasn't ready to answer yet and she didn't know when she would be ready to answer them.

She let out the large breath she was holding as she finally reached the top of Grimmauld Place. She lay on the roof for a few minutes, both too scared and tired to move.

It took her a few minutes, but she had soon gathered her thoughts and grabbed the mirror that she had placed besides her.

She held it rather close to her face as she whispered:

"James."

There was a crash from the other side of the mirror, and movement as a lump of cloth fell off the bed. Cassie winced as James cussed under his breath.

"The fuck are you doing Prongs?" Came Sirius' hoarse voice, Cassie let out a giggle as James middle finger appeared on the otherside of the bed.

"I thought I heard Cassie's voice."