𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

( chapter sixty-six )

CASSIOPEIA BLACKS BLOOD TURNED as cold as ice as she stepped off the train. Her eyes instantly darted to where her mother was standing, her posh, fancy clothes sticking out like a sore thumb.

Her mother didn't meet her eyes, but she still look at hers. They were even more loveless than last time they had met, seeming as if they held more hatred than they ever had love.

Her father was nowhere in sight.

That worried her most, as Orion never missed the two of them leaving or going to school. He never did.

He always wanted to show off to much; wearing the most expensive suits he could find, having his pure-blood wife and pure-blooded children besides him.

Displaying them off like trophies on a shelf rather than his own flesh and blood.

Cassie thought the whole thing was stupid, but she'd never say anything.

Cassie let out a shaky breath as she looked down at the floor infront of her, not moving for a few moments.

She wanted to feel safe for a little while longer.

Even if it meant she would be in even more trouble for being late over to her mother.

Cassie looked up from the ground when she saw a pair of shoes at the top of her eyes.

She forced a small smile as she met Regulus' eyes, he didn't smile back. He already knew that Cassie was scared out of her mind, he could see the forced smile on her face, it didn't reach anywhere near her eyes.

He had gotten so used to seeing her actually happy, when she hug out with the Gryffindors, the smile that was always on her face was a genuine smile. Not one did he ever think it was forced.

But now, seeing just how forced the smile was made his heart ache. He had gotten so used to seeing her happy, that he completely forgot just how much she hated Grimmauld Place. Just how scared she was of going back there.

"Cass, we need to get going." He whispered, taking the trunk from her hands and placing them in his own. Now he was pulling both Cassies' trunk and his own.

"Reg, I don't want to. I can't." Regulus could hear the fear in her voice, the way that it was already quivering when they weren't even near their mother yet, made his heart break ever so slightly.

He dropped both trunks and quickly enveloped Cassie in a tight hug his arms holding onto her petite figure. She was shaking, he was shaking.

They were both terrified.

"What on earth do you think you two are doing?" A sharp voice cut through the air, making Regulus and Cassie jump away from the hug.

They both looked up to see their mother looking down at them, her eyes narrowed as she glared at the two of them.