ninety-four

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER NINETY-FOUR

・・・☽✥☾・・・

JAMES POTTER DIDN'T THINK THAT ANY other birthday he had was going to top his seventeenth.

It would be the day he'd talk about to his grandchildren when he was over seventy, the smile never once leaving his face as he thought about that day.

James didn't think that he had ever laughed as hard as he did when the other three marauders had danced in the Great Hall, and there would definitely never be another plot twist as good as Dumbledore standing up and singing.

Nearly all of Hogwarts had talked about it for the rest of the morning - and they all assumed they would talk about it for years to come.

Now it was mid-afternoon, the sun was very slowly making its way down from the from the highest point in the sky. Its golden rays were peeking out from behind the scattered clouds that blew in the chilling breeze.

The grass on the Hogwarts lawn danced subtly in the wind, each green strand different from the rest. Small waves on the surface of the lake began to become slightly larger as the wind increased.

Hogwarts students were sprawled out on the lawn, there were a lot of them, but they were all spread rather far apart. All over you could see different students sitting around with their friends as they laughed and chatted about anything they could think of. A few students were sat alone, reading or just admiring the reflection of the sun on the lake.

The Marauders, Cassie, Lily, Marlene and Alice were amongst the students who were sitting on the lawn.

They were all sitting in a small circle; Cassie sitting in James' lap while the others either sat on their coats or just straight on the grass.

James head was resting on Cassie's shoulder and his arms were wrapped tightly around her waist, their hands entwined on her lap.

"You know what we should do?" Cassie asked Sirius with a small, yet hesitant smile.

Sirius shrugged, running a hand through his hair, the marauders were now changed out of their glittery outfits but Sirius had kept his eyeshadow on.

"Give James his gifts?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, Cassie shook her head, moving one of her hands so that she patted his cheek.

"In due time though, Bambi." She said with a smile. James shook his head slightly and pressed a kiss to the back of Cassie's head.

"No, we should put on a play."

Sirius let out a small laugh and furrowed his eyebrows together as the others all stared at Cassie, rather confused.

"What? Why. . ?"

"Because our childhood was so full of drama and fucked up, it would make a great play. Imagine it being a musical."

Sirius barked out a loud laugh, grabbing the attention of a few people sitting nearby. James rubbed his eye and shook his head slowly as the others all nervously chuckled.