𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

( chapter seventy )tw: abuse

( chapter seventy )
tw: abuse

REGULUS BLACK DIDN'T PAY ANY attention to what he was throwing into the trunk that was open on his floor.

His eyes were still swimming with tears. The dull grey of his eye and the salty tears made his eyes look as if they were mirroring the storm that was going on his mind.

The storm that wouldn't settle.

Regulus let out a shaky breath as he stopped for a moment. He looked around his room, and quickly shook his head. He began to throw more clothes into the nearly full trunk.

He didn't have a plan - he had no idea what he was doing. All he knew is that he needed to do it.

He would do it.

There was a lump in his throat, perhaps a gathering of all the words he wanted to yell at his parents, all the things he wanted to say to them.

Or perhaps it was the anger that had been bubbling inside of him for so long, like a stove left on for too long and now it was going to overflow, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Cassies room was right next to Regulus' and his parents hadn't placed a silencing charm over her room.

Regulus had sat there for what seemed like hours listening to his sisters screams, her yells at her parents to stop, her pleas of help from anyone who was near.

Her pleas for them to just kill her instead.

Regulus had had enough.

He had had enough ages ago, but now he was doing something about it.

He stood up and ran a hand across his forehead, wiping away the layer of cold sweat that rested there.

Regulus was going to get the both of them out of Grimmauld Place that night.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Regulus stopped.

His back was pressed up against the cold wood of Cassies door. His eyes were wide, the tears that had been resting in them for so long fell down his cheeks, he didn't move to wipe them away.

His breathing was heavy and fast, it felt as if there was a large weight resting on his chest and stopping him from breathing properly. His heart was already beating rapidly in his chest, each beat was loud.

His watery eyes scanned over Cassies still body, the only signs of life in her was the way that her chest was raising and falling ever so slightly.

Regulus raised a hand to his mouth, trying to hold back a sob as he looked at her.

Regulus had only seen her injured a day or two ago, but this time it was much, much worse than he had ever seen before.