twenty-nine

( chapter )twenty-nine

( chapter )
twenty-nine

JAMES POTTER WAS VERY confused.

He didn't know what to think anymore.

Lily Evans, Cassiopeia Black. Two people who probably couldn't have been any different, and he had fallen for both of them.

He let out a sigh as he ran his hands through his hair. He didn't know what to do.

On one hand, there was Lily, beautiful, smart, kind and caring, at least, that's what James got from the time he spent staring at her. But James also knew, that she didn't feel the same way, all the time she had spent ignoring him, and yelling at him proved that. And every day, he seemed less and less attracted to her.

But James didn't know if it was because he knew she would never feel the same, or because of Cassie.

But then, on the other hand. There was Cassie, and she was everything Lily was, but so much more, she was funny, sassy, sarcastic, she knew how to take a joke, and she knew how to have a good time, not always studying or all that.

But there was one problem with Cassie, one that James didn't know how to deal with.

She's Sirius' sister.

If she wasn't his sister, James thought that it would all be so much easier. He could say what he wanted, without feeling as if he was breaking the 'Bro Code'.

James let out another sigh, just as the door to the Transfiguration Classroom opened, Cassie walked in, a smile on her face as she shook her head, James could just hear Marlene yelling something about Cherry Bakewell Tarts as Cassie shut the door.

She had her bag strung over her shoulder, a few of her books in her hands as the bag was packed full of her potions items and ingredients.

Her hair was pulled back into a low pony-tail, a few stray strands framing her face, she had her glasses pushed up to the top of her head, telling him she had been studying with Lily, as she nearly always wore her glasses while studying with the girls, something she had told him weeks ago.

Her tie was knotted, but loosely, and the top two buttons of her school shirt were undone. Her white school socks had a small grass stains just under the knee, and patches of mud covered her skirt and one of her socks.

James couldn't help but smile at the sight of her.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"How in the name of Merlin did you do that?" James asked, looking down at the Turtle in front of Cassie, which had the body of a turtle, but where its head was meant to be, there was the spout of a tea-pot.

"I'm not sure."

"Well, I don't think we should shell-ax until we get it back to normal."