𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

( chapter )thirty-nine

( chapter )
thirty-nine

REGULUS BLACK WALKED UP AND down the corridors in the train, looking in every window.

He was still wearing his school uniform, despite the fact that they had left Hogsmeade Station hours before, however his tie was hanging loosely around his neck and his shirt wasn't tucked into his trousers.

The windows on the other side of the train showed green fields basking in the golden sun as they passed: sheep laying down in the sun, cows eating the grass they could find that wasn't dry. Small villages letting the children play with hoses and fire hydrants in the streets as parents watched from inside their cool houses.

The train itself was boiling hot, and the amount of students all packed closely together did nothing to help cool any of them down.

Regulus ran a hand through his hair as he kept looking through the windows of the compartments, shaking his head when he saw that the person he needed to speak to wasn't inside of them.

He carried on walking until he had nearly reached the end of the train, that was when he heard the voice of the person he was looking for.

"James Potter, blushing, there's a sight I'd never thought I'd see."

He looked in the compartment and there he was, Sirius sitting there, lounging against the window of the compartment as he laughed at James, who was sitting next to him.

James was a blushing mess as he kept opening his mouth to say something, only to close it seconds after, shaking his head with a grin on his face. Playing with the small golden snitch in his hands.

Peter sat watching the two boys, munching away on different snacks from the trolley as he joined in the conversation every now and again, but not saying much as he continued to stuff his face.

Remus sat on the floor of the compartment, his back against the wall that had the window as he rested his arm on the seat, shaking his head with a smile as he looked at James, who was still opening and closing his mouth like a fish.

"And James Potter speechless." Sirius continued, laughing loudly, "More things to add to the list."

The four boys laughed as James shoved Sirius, making the boys face smush up against the window.

"Sirius Black looking attractive, there a sight I'd never thought I'd see." James laughed again as Sirius rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help the smile on his face, which faded as he saw Regulus standing at the door to their compartment.

"I'll be right back." Sirius spoke, getting up and walking to the door, he turned to face the three boys again as they watched him silently.

"Don't miss me too much."

He then opened the door, and shut it behined him, Regulus opened his mouth to speak, but Sirius silenced him, they stood in silence for a few moments, before they heard more laughs coming from the compartment.