one

( chapter ) one l

( chapter )
one l

THE FAMILY OF FOUR WALKED through the platform, towards the ruby red train. People parting like the Red Sea as they passed, their gazes following after the black haired family. A few whispers followed as they passed, but as the stares and whispers were usual, they had learnt to ignore them over the years. The two children were here for their 4th and 5th years at Hogwarts.

Unlike most children, Cassiopeia Black couldn't wait to step on that train.

"Hurry up Cassiopeia," Walburga Black hissed at her daughter as the black haired girl was walking rather slowly, her mind racing at hundreds of miles an hour.

The girl shook her head before catching up to the rest of her family. Walbugra sent her daughter a sharp look before turning her attention back in front of her. Cassiopeia subtly rolled her eyes once her mother had turned back around.

Finally the family came to a stop, the two parents turning around to face their children.

"I don't want to hear from your teachers that you're misbehaving again, Cassiopeia," Orion Black spoke to the girl, who only looked up at her father, despite his tone and expression on his face, which normally would have made any other child squirm under his gaze.

"Yes father," Cassiopeia replied looking up at her father, frowning slightly as he turned away to look at her younger brother, Regulus, without another word.

She let out a small sigh, but she didn't know what she was expecting, a hug? An 'I love you.' She knew that even a small smile would be pushing it.

But each year, she couldn't help but wish that for once, her family would act like they would miss her.

"You look out for your sister, Regulus." He spoke again, now addressing his youngest child.

"You write immediately if she places one toe out of line," he continued, making the young boy turn and look at him, feeling satisfied when he nodded.

"You two know the rules," Walbugra said after her husband, not talking about the school rules, but about the rules that they had made for their children. The rules that would get them in a lot of bother if they didn't followed them, hence why they seemed to like Regulus more than Cassiopeia.

"And if either of you break them, prepare yourselves."

The woman didn't need to go on for her children to understand what she was going on about, and while most children would have thought that it was rather hard what they were saying, Cassie and Regulus were used to it by now.