eighty-nine

( chapter eighty-nine )

"NO."

"No wasn't an answer."

"Well now it is."

"It wasn't a 'yes or no' question- it wasn't even a question."

"Well now it fucking is."

James blinked as he stared at Cassie, who was laying upside-down on his bed, her head hanging off the side and her hair pooling around her face.

Her lips were pouted as she looked up at James, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Cass, love."

"James, Bambi."

James slowly shook his head, moving so that he was sitting down on the bed besides Cassie.

It didn't take a moment for Cassie to change the way that she was lying so that her head was now rested in James' lap, her head tilted slightly as she looked up into his eyes.

He couldn't help but smile as his eyes met hers.

"You heard Madam Pomfrey, love. . ."

"I know I did," Cassie said, her words sounding slightly exasperated as she spoke. "and the words have been ringing in my ears ever since."

The smile left James' face and was replaced by a frown as she spoke. He leant forwards and pressed a kiss to her nose, letting out the smallest hint of a chuckle as she pulled at a slight face at the way his stubble ticked her face.

"You need to shave, and that is before you get more kisses."

"No."

"That wasn't a question."

"Well now it fucking is."

Cassie stared up at James, an un-amused expression on her face and James was only smiling down at her, his eyes shining.

"Okay, so I'll tell McGonagall you're moving into my dorm and you go get your stuff."

Cassie's facial expression didn't change, James raised an eyebrow, but the smile didn't leave his face.

"You haven't moved. . ."

"I'll tell you what Sherlock Holmes, you are unbelievable." The Slytherin rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help the smallest smile that graced her lips.

"You shave, and I'll think about asking Lily, Marlene and Alice if I can share their dorm-"

James opened his mouth to say something, but Cassie continued talking over the top of him.

"- and if I keep having nightmares then I'll come stay with you."

James nodded vigorously, pressing a kiss to Cassie's lips only to have her push his face away as she wiped around her lips.

"No kisses until you don't feel like a hedgehog."

🥑