𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

( chapter sixty-nine )tw: abuse

tw: abuse

"YOU CAN GO AND FUCK YOURSELF if you think that I am going to marry that bitch."

Cassie's whole body was shaking, but this time, it wasn't due to fear. It was due to anger.

Cassies mind was racing at millions of miles per second, meaning that she wasn't thinking straight. Her heart doing just the same and beating loudly in her ears, she couldn't hear herself think because of the noise. Her mouth was running dry, it felt as if she hadn't had a drink in days. Her jaw was clenched, her muscles tense as she stood, staring at her parents as stiff as a board.

She didn't want to believe what she was hearing, but she knew it was true.

The truth.

It was something she knew had never promised happiness, or joy, but she never knew that the truth could cause someone to feel so much anger and so much pain.

It was as if her whole world was collapsing around her, all the walls she had built up to stop her from retaliating back to her parents like she had wished so many times. The boarder that was stopping her from crossing the thin
line that was her parents patience with her.

All of it was crumbling, like an antique left alone in the back of a dusty shop, where no-one could see it's beauty.

Cassie shook her head, still staring at both of her parents.

She still couldn't believe it.

She had realised ages ago that she was just a pawn in her parents game, that she would be sacrificed first without a second thought or glance sent her way.

But she never realised that for her, the game would end that early.

"You will." Walburga spoke, her words like knives, each one piercing the air as it was spoken.

"I will not." Cassie crossed her arms, not daring to look away from her parents in fear of what they would do to her.

"I'm not just some object that you can fucking pass on until you're satisfied with where I'm going to end up."

Her body was still shaking with anger, she couldn't keep still. No matter how hard she tried.

Her vision was blurred.

She hated it.

She hated them. How they never made her feel as if she was good enough, and how they tortured her without caring for a moment.

She hated their smug faces as she squirmed on the floor in pain, how they were satisfied as she screamed for them to stop.

How they laughed as she slowly slipped away from being who she really was, as they laughed as she silenlty reached out to them. Hoping that one day they would love her, love her the way a parent is supposed to love their child.