twenty-seven

( chapter ) twenty-seven

( chapter )
twenty-seven

CASSIOPEIA BLACK LET OUT A small giggle as James Potter shoved the red and gold scarf into her hands, boasting about how the Gryffindor team was going to the win the match later that day.

James had taken what Remus had told him the week before lightly, it was sometimes on his mind when he was trying to do work, or lying in bed trying to get to sleep. 'Prongs, I think you like her.' It never seemed to be on his mind, until nothing else was. He didn't know what to think.

James liked to tell himself that he only liked her because he felt like he had to, she was Sirius' sister, so he had to like her, but the lie didn't work.

He'd never paid much attention to her before this year, so there was no need for him to do it this year, but he was glad he did. James kept trying to make up lies, but none of them worked, the thought still swam in the back of his mind when he least wanted it to. He tried his best to ignore it, once again, this was Sirius' sister, he shouldn't feel that way - he didn't feel that way.

But James knew he liked the girls presence, he liked being around her, Cassie was an amazing girl, she had an amazing sense of humour, and she was fun to be around.

So he decided to push the thought as far to the back of his mind as he could, and just carry on like he was, being friends with Cassie, he knew that was what he wanted.

James shook his head as Cassie tried to give the scarf back to him.

"It doesn't work like that Black." He said, a slight sing-song tune to his voice.

"You're going to want that scarf when Gryffindor win the match." Cassie let out another giggle, placing her hands on her hips in a playful way.

"What makes you so sure Gryffindor are going to win Potter?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, she was smiling slighty, her recently glossed lips shining in the early March sun.

James tutted, shaking his head so that a few strands of hair fell onto his forehead.

"They have me on the team Black, or did you forget that?" Cassie rolled her eyes, but continued to smile.

"How could I forget? It's all you seem to go on about when a Quidditch match is coming up." James smirked, watching as the Slytherin tucked her hair behind her ears, looking up at him with a mischievous glint in her grey eyes.

"But I'll repeat my question Potter, seeing as your two brain cells can't seem to understand it." She continued to smile as James chuckled slightly.

"What makes you so sure Gryffindor is going to win?"

James pretended to think, scrunching up his face and raising his thumb and fore finger to his chin,

"Hm, let me think. . ." Cassie shook her head at his antics, before he jumped up and down, yelling: