ninety-three

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER NINETY-THREE

・・・☽✥☾・・・

MARCH TWENTY-SEVENTH MEANT ONE thing and one thing only when it came to the Marauders.

The day that the idiot they call a brother was born - and no, they weren't talking about Sirius this time.

James Potter was turning 17.

He was becoming old as Sirius so often like to said, despite the fact that Sirius was in fact almost 5 months older than him.

The other three Marauders had planned something, in their words, extremely extraordinary for James' big day, and each time James questioned what it was, they slapped him.

James' birthday was on a Sunday, which was the reason that he and Cassie were still both laying in his bed.

All other beds in his dorm were cold, one of them was made, but all of them were very much empty.

Cassie woke up first, the sun was peering through the glass and light up her eyes just enough to wake her from her comfortable sleep.

Cassie knew that her hair was a mess, her eyes were still full of sleep and she had to wipe the drool off her chin with a small grimace.

But, she woke James up nonetheless, poking his cheek with her index finger until he began to stir.

Her nail created a small crescent moon shape on his cheek that disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

James opened his eyes for a second, before closing them again, a small groan left his lips as he tried to raise his arm to cover his eyes, but Cassie was laying on the arm he tried to move.

"Bambi, wake up." Cassie muttered, continuously poking James' cheek.

"No."

"Please." Cassie elongated the e and James opened his eyes again, looked at Cassie before shutting them only moments after.

"No."

"Pretty please, with a dollop of cream on top?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a dollop of cream on top and a strawberry?" James raised his head slightly, his eyes now open and eyeing Cassie with furrowed eyebrows.

"Are they the good strawberries, or the ones at the back of the fridge?"

Cassie thought for a moment, before shrugging.

"No, it took me three tries to wake you, you don't deserve the good strawberries."

James pursed his lips into a straight line, before he placed his head back down on his pillow and shut his eyes tightly.

Cassie let out a small 'hmph' as she grabbed the pillows that were on the floor next to James' bed, and with a quick move of her arm, the pillow was thrown into James' face.