five

( chapter )five

( chapter )
five

JAMES POTTER LOOKED UP FROM his parchment and over at the dark-haired girl who was sitting besides him.

Cassie was silently writing besides him, her bottom lip stuck out as she scribbled on the parchment.

James noticed that her handwriting was horribly messy considering how fast she wrote, it looked like a slug was dipped in ink and placed on the page.

He then realised that everything else about Cassie was rather neat, her hair looked perfect, as if it had tonnes of hair-spray holding it together, apart from the odd strand, her makeup done to perfection, not a smudge of foundation too much.

His eyes were dancing over her as she wrote, just looking at her.

James had never really paid attention to his best-friends sister, because that's all she was, his best friends sister, nothing more.

To be honest, he wouldn't even know her name if it wasn't for Sirius.

Sirius loved his sister more than he loved himself, and that's saying a lot. However, none of The Marauders ever knew why.

He always talked about his family like they were rats; and that's how the other three all though they were, but with Cassie it was different.

Sirius wouldn't say a horrid word towards his sister, as if she had ears everywhere and would hear him. It confused the boys to say the least, but they just went with it, but to be honest, the all thought that she was just another Slytherin Pure-blood.

But like James did with Sirius, he didn't want to judge her before knowing her. So he didn't say anything as he turned his attention back to his work, writing more lines.

A few minuets passed, and James found himself looking at Cassie again, however this time she was looking directly back at him.

He was shocked by how similar her eyes were to Sirius'. He knew that they were twins but he didn't know someone's eyes could be so similar to others, they looked like someone had stolen his best-friends eyes and placed them in someone else's.

However, her eyes were more tired looking than Sirius', they looked like they held more secrets then they were letting on.

Cassie was staring at James brown eyes, they were dark like the night, yet you could see that they were brown by the lighter colour as they reached the outside of the pupil.

She furrowed her eyebrows at the boy after a few moments, causing James to quickly look away and Cassie to roll her eyes, placing her chin in the palm of her hand and putting her quill down, she wiggled her fingers slightly, causing the sleeve of her hoodie to fall down.