𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

( chapter )fifty-twotw: abuse

( chapter )
fifty-two
tw: abuse

TO ANYONE LOOKING AT THE GIRL from a distance, you wouldn't have noticed anything was wrong.

You wouldn't have noticed the small beads of sweat that littered her forehead despite the open windows letting in cold breezes of air, and despite the duvet that was around her waist.

You wouldn't have noticed the way her breathing sped up, each breath she was taking short and shallow as if there was something caught in her throat.

You wouldn't notice the way her eyes were moving quickly under her closed lids, as if they were searching for danger, as if they were trying not to look at the danger.

It was only after awhile when you began to notice that something was wrong.

When she began to shake so violently it was like someone had grabbed onto her shoulders and were pushing her back and forth at an alarming rate.

When she began to squirm under her duvet, her arms and leg getting tangled in the sheets as she tried her hardest to escape the prison which was her own mind.

They wouldn't have noticed anything was wrong, not until they realised the way her limbs were colliding with everything around her. The noise that sounded through the quiet room as wood met skin.

And the pained hiss that she let out as she woke in the morning to see the bruises left where skin had met wood.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie closed her eyes as she realised her surroundings, shaking her head as she tried to push herself up against the wall of Grimmauld Places living room.

She took in a deep breath as her back met the wall, pulling her knees up to her chest and burying her head in her knees, trying to calm the way her chest rose and fell.

The air around her seemed to thin, it was as if she was at the top of Mount Everest, and even though she was taking deep breath, no air was reaching her lungs, instead it was getting caught in her throat.

The room around her seemed to close in slowly, each wall looking as if they were growing outwards and making the space around her smaller and tighter with every passing second.

Even though she was sitting down she knew her legs were like jelly, it would be hard to keep upright if she stood up. Her hand were shaking, nothing she did would keep them still, they would keep shaking no matter what.

Cassie heard the creak of the door leading into the room, she knew what was coming, but it didn't mean she was prepared for it.

"Cassiopeia." Her fathers cold voice sliced through the thin air as easily as a knife through paper.