𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

( chapter )fifty-four

( chapter )
fifty-four

"ARE YOU ONE HUNDRED PERCENT
sure that you're okay love?" James asked as he reached for Cassies hand, trying to hide the small frown that appeared on his face as he felt how shaky she was, instead he just intwined their fingers and smiled softly at her.

Cassie nodded as she shifted her gaze to just past his head, not looking him in the eyes as she lied.

Something both of them knew she was doing.

James didn't want to pressure her, he knew she wasn't ready to tell him and Sirius anything, and he wasn't even sure if there was anything else to tell. He didn't want to push her out of her comfort zone and make her feel uncomfortable by telling him something she wasn't ready to tell and he didn't even know if there was something to tell. He wanted her to be able to trust him enough to tell him when she was ready. And he wasn't going to push her to say anything.

Cassie was scared. She didn't know what would happen if she told anyone. Her parents may find out, and then punish her more than they ever had before, they might hurt Regulus. She couldn't and wouldn't let that happen. She loved Regulus too much and she had to protect him, she couldn't leave him there with those monsters. Leave him alone to suffer like she was.

She was also scared to know how everyone would react. What if they thought it was her fault, that if she was a better daughter and sister none of it would have happened. That she was to blame. What if no-one believed her, if they all thought she was lying to get attention and that she was being pathetic. But then what if they believed her, and they got so mad that she hadn't told her that they just didn't care? What would she do then, because she knew she would never trust anyone with something like that again.

There were endless possibilities of what would happen, and Cassie was scared of each and every one of them.

Cassie shook her head for a second, before she nodded once more.

"I'm fine." She stated simply, turning back to meet James' eyes after she had spoken. James hid his frown once again.

"Okay," He wanted to say something more, something comforting that would tell her that he was here for her. That he was waiting for when she was ready to tell him, but not putting pressure on her to tell him sooner than she wanted to.

But he didn't know how to say it, he didn't want to say the wrong thing.

"Anyways." Cassie spoke again, giving James' hand a squeeze as she looked around at the other three Marauders.

"Who won the prank war?" She asked, a large, genuine grin spreading onto her face as all four of the boys began arguing back and forth about who had won.

"I was the one who did the last prank-"

"But my prank was the best."

"The fuck, no it wasn't, did you see when I turned your bed into a chicken?"