twenty-eight

( chapter )twenty-eight

( chapter )
twenty-eight

THE DOOR TO THE HOSPITAL WING creeked slightly as Cassiopeia pushed it open, she took in a deep breath as she looked back at the still sleeping James, letting it go when she saw that he hadn't even stirred.

Cassie ran a hand through her hair, it quickly getting caught in a few of her knots as she hadn't yet brushed it.

She quickly opened the door, silently thanking Merlin as the door didn't creek again.

When the door was shut behind her, she leaned against it, closing her eyes and letting out a small sigh.

She smiled, her heart fluttering slightly as her mind kept replaying the previous night, it just felt right. But it shouldn't have, James was Sirius' best friend, and she couldn't do that to him. James was the first person who understood Sirius, apart from Cassie, he just got her brother, better than anyone, even better than she did.

It wouldn't be fair on Sirius, and anyways, if Sirius didn't care, James probably didn't even feel the same way. Cassie was a Slytherin, and everyone knew that Slytherins and Gryffindors didn't match, she got enough grief from the other Slytherins that she was hanging around with Alice, Marlene and Lily, imagine how much they would both get if they began to date, and anyways, he had been going after Lily for five years, why would he suddenly change?

Cassie shook her head, she was being stupid, there was no chance of her and James anyways - someone infront of Cassie let out a cough.

She opened one of her eyes, but quickly opened the other one when she saw Sirius and Remus standing in front of her.

Sirius had his arms crossed and his eyebrows raised as he looked at Cassie, while Remus had a small smile on his face, shaking his head subtly as he held James bag in his hand.

"And what time do you call this Madam?" Sirius asked, causing Cassie to roll her eyes and shrug.

"I don't know, half seven?" Sirius quickly turned to Remus, gesturing at the boys wrist. Remus rolled his eyes, before looking at his watch and nodding.

Sirius turned back to Cassie, his eyes widening as he walked up to her. She tried to take a step back but only ended up banging her head against the door.

Sirius was now only a few centimetres infront of her, his eyes now narrowed and his eyebrows knit together as he sniffed the air around her, before he let out a loud gasp, to which Remus responded with a face-palm. Sirius placed his hand over his heart as he turned to look at Remus.

"Remmy, do you understand what that smell is?"

Before Remus could say anything, Sirius had grabbed his head and pushed him towards Cassie, whose eyes were wide as Sirius then placed Remus head close to her neck.

"Moony, do you smell that?" He nodded and then gave Cassie an apologetic look as Sirius pulled his head back, and let go of him, before turning back to his sister.

"Why do you smell of James' cologne?" Cassie rolled her eyes, pulling a slight face.

"Because I slept next to him?" Sirius let out another dramatic gasp, turning Remus and putting his hands on his hips.

"Do you hear what she is saying, Moony?" Remus rolled his eyes, letting out a sigh.

"Yes, I do hear her Padfoot, I do have ears." Sirius ignored the last part and turned back to Cassie.

Cassie took in a deep breath, if this is how Sirius reacted when she slept in the same bed as James, nothing going on between the two of them, then she knew that even if James liked her the same way, they couldn't be together, she loved Sirius too much to let him down, or to let him get cross with her.

Cassie would do anything for her siblings, even if that thing was dangerous, or put someone else in danger. She loved both of them more than anything. Growing up, she always felt like the parental figure for the both of them, even if Sirius was slightly older than she was and Regulus was only a year younger, someone had to be, and she knew that their parents weren't going to do it anytime soon.

A lot of people would say that Cassie was forced to grow up too fast, most of her childhood was about attending fancy Balls, trying to make a good impression on everyone around, and then looking after Regulus and Sirius at home, she never got time to do the things that girls did as they grew up. Cassie couldn't remember the last time that she painted her nails for fun, instead of painting them to match her gown.

It was at a young age when she decided that her brothers would always come first, no matter what, and even if that meant sacrificing her own happiness for the two of them.

"Why did you spend the night with Prongs?" Sirius asked, his hands still on his hips as he looked at Cassie with a stern look.

"I couldn't get back to my common room without being caught." Sirius scrunched his face up, he tilted his head to the side slightly, he took his hands off of his hips.

"Why didn't you use the invisibility cloak?" He asked, and now it was Cassie's turn to pull a face.

"You took the cloak." She said, stepping forwards, away from the door as she heard a few students heading down from the Ravenclaw tower towards the Great Hall for breakfast.

Remus eyes widened as he looked at Cassie, then at the Hospital Wing door.

"No, I didn't-" Remus quickly walked over to Sirius, standing in front of him, stopping him from saying anymore.

"James's right, Cassie, Sirius did take the cloak."

The Slytherin stared at the two of them, just as the Ravenclaw students began to walk past. Cassie shrugged before waving at the two boys and walking off, once she had turned the corner, Sirius turned to Remus.

"What did you stop me talking for?" He asked, pouting slightly, Remus raised an eyebrow.

"You're so oblivious Padfoot." Sirius' pout grew.

Remus shook his head, a small smile on his lips as he opened the door to the Hospital Wing.

"Wait." Sirius said, his pout turning into a small frown.

"Cass left without saying goodbye, do you think she knows I was joking?" Remus shrugged.

"Probably, and if not, you can always explain later." He then grabbed Sirius hand and pulled him into the Hospital Wing.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HELLO, I KNOW THAT
IT IS KINDA SHORT, BUT A LONGER
ONE WILL BE OUT EITHER
TOMORROW, OR SOMETIME
NEXT WEEK.

I ALSO JUST THOUGHT THAT
THIS CHAPTER SHOWS OFF
A LOT MORE ABOUT HOW CASSIE
FEELS, AND I LOVED IT, I HOPE YOU DID TOO,
MORE JASSIE NEXT CHAPTER! :)

ANYWAYS, PLEASE TELL ME
WHAT YOU THOUGHT, AND
ANYWAYS YOU THINK I COULD
IMPROVE

UNTIL NEXT TIME
- Emily xx