𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

( chapter )fifty-three

( chapter )
fifty-three

JAMES POTTER AND SIRIUS BLACK
rushed through the corridors of the school, pushing past students on their way to breakfast, but not caring as they did

Remus and Peter followed behined the two boys, carding their bags and apologising to people they had pushed out of the way or accidentally tripped as they rushed after them.

"Why did she tell me she was having nightmares again?" Sirius muttered to himself as the boys turned another corner, running a hand through his hair and pushing it out of his face.

"Wait." James stopped in his tracks and grabbed Sirius' arm when he continued to rush forwards, stopping him from doing so.

"Cassie has been having nightmares and you didn't think to tell me?" James raised an eyebrow as he looked at the other boy, he heard Remus and Peter stop just behind them.

"It wasn't important, she hasn't had them for years." Sirius shook his head as he tried to walk forwards again, but once again James pulled him back.

"I don't care if it was 20 years ago, Padfoot," He said, locking eyes with the other boy. Sirius frowned slightly when he saw the worry in James eyes.

"I want to know these things because I care about her." Sirius and James didn't move their gaze, and just by looking at the worry in James eyes.

Sirius could tell just how much he cared for Cassie, he could see how worried he was hearing that she may be hurt, and how worried he was just be knowing she had nightmares years ago. He was worried about the little things that someone may not worry about often, and he couldn't help but smile softly.

"I know you care about her Prongs, I really do and I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it was Cassies place to tell you. I'm not going to give away her life." James nodded, understanding where Sirius was coming from.

"As lovey dovey as this is." Remus interjected, making the two boys turn to look at him with a confused look on their faces.

"Cassie is still in the hospital wing."

James and Sirius nodded before they both began rushing towards the hospital wing once again, still pushing through students. Remus and Peter kept apologising for the two.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Remus and Peter stood by the door, watching as Madam Pomfrey placed her hands on her hips and talked to James and Sirius with a stern look on her face.

Cassie was laying in the bed farthest from the door into the hospital, her eyes were closed and she looked peaceful, but the long scratches on her cheeks and the dried blood patched on her cheeks from where her nails pierced the skin told anyone looking at her she wasn't peaceful.