𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆

( chapter )sixty

( chapter )
sixty

"HEY REGGIE." CASSIOPEIA BLACK said as she took a step closer to her brother, knew again tightening the Gryffindor scarf that rested around her neck as the breeze got stronger the closer she stepped to the edge.

Regulus frowned slightly as he looked at Cassie, taking in the scars on her cheeks as he hadn't seen them before. Shaking his head gently at the scarf around her neck.

His frown deepened as he looked at the small bags under her eyes, instantly telling him of the little sleep she had been getting.

The messiness of her hair showed she hadn't been taking care of herself properly, the way she was still wearing a pair of James clothes also showed that.

Regulus loved his sister, more than anything. He hated the way that she went thorough all of that, and was still a hundred times stronger than he was. He admired Cassie, and would love to be like her one day - brave and risking her life for others - but he doubted it would ever happen.

"You're late." He said, his eyes leaving her face to meet her eyes, which rolled as she took another step closer to him.

"Don't be so serious-" she let out a small laugh but stopped when she saw Regulus' straight face "-I am like ten minutes late."

Regulus crossed his arms, the tip of his wand still illuminating as much as the dark as it could.

"Cassie, you're never late." Regulus spoke, looking at her, his eyes narrowing slightly.

She let out a soft sigh, gently shaking her head as she shifted her gaze from her brother to the darkness surrounding them.

"I'm sorry Cass, I didn't mean to be rude." Regulus walks over from the rail so that he was now standing in front of Cassie, he looked down at her with a worried look in his eyes.

"I-I'm just worried." He said in almost a whisper.

Cassie's eyes widened slightly as she looked up at him, frowning at the look on his face. She rasied a hand and rested it on his upperarm, her free hand grabbed her wand and she muttered lumos under her breath.

The tip of her wand lit up, illuminating more of the tower as now there were two wands doing so.

"Reg, you don't need to worry-"

"But I do!"

Regulus took a step back from his sister, shaking his head quickly as he did so. His eyes widened as he held up in hands as if in surrender. Cassie tilted her head to the side.

"Reggie, trust me, I'm a big girl. I know what I'm doing."

Regulus began to shake her head quicker, putting his hands back down by his side. He let out a shaky breath.